Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Needing a little bit more sound out of my exhaust

Old 02-12-2016, 01:55 AM
jameslee79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kimmspeed
Right on. Haven't heard these in person. But, the videos look and sound great.

Check out Arxylis's 08 Coupe build. He's running the Belugas and may have some insight for you. If you're having a shop do the install, it'd be well worth the read to see his experience. All good. Just insightful and help you plan. Keep us posted.
I will. thx
Old 02-14-2016, 01:35 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by jameslee79
Just ordered the Beluga axle back lol.
Well I see your moving right along. I like you style. Modding fast is the way I like to do things as well. I already know I'm gonna keep the G for 7-9 years.....so why not mod that baby out to the point where I'm stocked and then spend the following 5-7 years enjoying the hell outta it? Right?

But before I noticed you had already pulled the trigger on the Beluga axle back I had a 2nd or 3rd option to pitch to you. You could've done a cat delete with some long tube headers. Yes it's pricey....very pricy. Yes it deletes the cats so it throws a couple warning codes. Yes it's a pain in the A$$ to install or fairly expensive to have installed for you.

But with all the work you've done and cash you've put in....for your exhaust to still sound like a grubbing mouse is unacceptable. (Absolutely no offense meant by that comment btw). But yes they also add up some healthy doses of HP and Torque. Not to mention the sound!! Ugh I love it everything I go for a ride.

I bet the Beluga is going to workout well for you tho. I'm interested in seeing some install pics and maybe a couple fly by videos so we can all get a taste of what your cruising in on the daily. In fact here's one or two of my favorite videos after my ride had the FI CBE and LTH's installed at the same time. Mmm.

Plz keep in mind that I've only did this twice. And I did it during school hours to make sure none of the neighborhood kids would be around. I also did a practice slow Lap to check for people outside.

Last edited by Redfire32; 02-14-2016 at 01:43 AM.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:49 AM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Redfire32
Well I see your moving right along. I like you style. Modding fast is the way I like to do things as well. I already know I'm gonna keep the G for 7-9 years.....so why not mod that baby out to the point where I'm stocked and then spend the following 5-7 years enjoying the hell outta it? Right?
Well put. I plan on only having my vert 2 years (max) and am still throwing a load of mods at it. 90% are reversible for me. So, resale won't be destroyed. But, I like having nice things and especially prefer custom work with my own personal touches. Few things are more rewarding than stranger's complements.

Originally Posted by Redfire32
In fact here's one or two of my favorite videos after my ride had the FI CBE and LTH's installed at the same time. Mmm.
Where the videos? I'm not sure I need the LTHs. But, the gains would be appreciated.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:03 PM
jameslee79

Where is the video?
Old 02-15-2016, 10:28 PM
jameslee79

Bad news Beluga racing is about 1 month into back order. I cancelled it. Good news I just ordered some manzo axle backs
Old 02-15-2016, 10:36 PM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

Bad news Beluga racing is about 1 month into back order. I cancelled it. Good news I just ordered some manzo axle backs
Really flying by the seat of your pants! I get the feeling any available axel backs would have done. It took me weeks to pick out my "temporary exhaust". It ended up being so good that I don't need to pull the trigger on gthaus any time soon. Hope you end up with something you like.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:30 AM
jameslee79

Really flying by the seat of your pants! I get the feeling any available axel backs would have done. It took me weeks to pick out my "temporary exhaust". It ended up being so good that I don't need to pull the trigger on gthaus any time soon. Hope you end up with something you like.
Any available? I only found 4. tanabe, manzo, topspeed and beluga. There is more?

What about jsut mufflers?

Haven't heard any universal mufflers besides magnaflow.

Last edited by jameslee79; 02-16-2016 at 12:56 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:58 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Let's try this again.

That pic SHOULD take you to my photobucket acct. where you can see the video.

If you want to check out my build thread they are posted up there as well.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...ld-thread.html
Old 02-16-2016, 12:26 PM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

Any available? I only found 4. tanabe, manzo, topspeed and beluga. There is more?

What about jsut mufflers?

Haven't heard any universal mufflers besides magnaflow.
Tanabe, Manzo, Top Speed, Beluga, HKS, Megan are all axel back systems. I wouldn't buy any of them without hearing them in person. I went with my setup based on videos and got really lucky. But, I payed MUCH less than half price. So, it wasn't much of a risk. I could have pulled them off same day and posted for sale for no loss.
All that matters is that you are happy with the results. But, you've already had a miss for a few hundred dollar loss. I'd be cautious and get it dialed in before pulling the trigger on the next setup.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:34 PM
jameslee79

Tanabe, Manzo, Top Speed, Beluga, HKS, Megan are all axel back systems. I wouldn't buy any of them without hearing them in person. I went with my setup based on videos and got really lucky. But, I payed MUCH less than half price. So, it wasn't much of a risk. I could have pulled them off same day and posted for sale for no loss.
All that matters is that you are happy with the results. But, you've already had a miss for a few hundred dollar loss. I'd be cautious and get it dialed in before pulling the trigger on the next setup.
My top choice was topspeed axle backs when I was researching it, then beluga and manzo was also recommended so I researched them and heard sounds from youtube. I know i'm taking a risk from youtube videos but overall it had positive reviews. I appreciate your feedbacks so far.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:48 AM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

There's a nice set of Manzos on the private classifieds in the event you haven't pulled the trigger on a setup.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:56 AM
jameslee79

There's a nice set of Manzos on the private classifieds in the event you haven't pulled the trigger on a setup.
I already ordered some manzos.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:19 PM
jameslee79

Sounds perfect now
It sounds alot louder in person and I can finally hear the signature vq sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_y...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by jameslee79; 02-20-2016 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:26 PM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

Sounds perfect now
It sounds alot louder in person.

Nice! Sounds like a coupe now. That's a good thing. Glad you got it where you want it.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:43 AM
rm2342

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Sounds perfect now
It sounds alot louder in person and I can finally hear the signature vq sound.

That sounds good. Has a deeper tone than most and still subtle. Do you have any drive offs and or drive bys?

So, you have a custom x pipe and 2.5 piping from the y back? Is your car an X sedan or no?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Needing a little bit more sound out of my exhaust