Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Help Intake manifold leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 05:06 PM
freshgeardude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake manifold leak

Hey all,

I recently changed my spark plugs and upon reassembly, before putting the engine cover over the intake manifold back on, I fired the engine up to make sure everything worked.

There was an air leak from the central hole and the car was running iffy. I had my brother plug the hole with his finger and the problem went away. Once I bolted the cover back on, a bolt was in the hole's place so the issue wasn't there.

I'm afraid there could be an issue. I might have used a longer bolt there when I took the cover off and possibly pushed something into the manifold which could go into the engine and cause problems.

I've driven the car for about a week without any problems, but that doesn't mean something could be in the manifold and could get loose later.

Has anyone run into this issue before?

Thank you,
Sam B

Last edited by freshgeardude; 05-18-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:41 PM
freshgeardude

bump. Anything guys? Car has been working fine so far, but to be safe I think Im going to take apart the manifold and look around
Old 06-25-2014, 09:42 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
If its running fine and you have no CEL lights I would bet its ok, I took mine off a month or so ago and left the bolts in the manifold when I took it off, But got a cel as soon as I started it , forgot a plug a sensor back in Opps.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:23 AM
awestrella14

Did you ever have an issue with this? The same thing happened to me...

Originally Posted by freshgeardude
Hey all,

I recently changed my spark plugs and upon reassembly, before putting the engine cover over the intake manifold back on, I fired the engine up to make sure everything worked.

There was an air leak from the central hole and the car was running iffy. I had my brother plug the hole with his finger and the problem went away. Once I bolted the cover back on, a bolt was in the hole's place so the issue wasn't there.

I'm afraid there could be an issue. I might have used a longer bolt there when I took the cover off and possibly pushed something into the manifold which could go into the engine and cause problems.

I've driven the car for about a week without any problems, but that doesn't mean something could be in the manifold and could get loose later.

Has anyone run into this issue before?

Thank you,
Sam B
Old 02-11-2023, 10:17 AM
Gabe Cady
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Are you talking about the middle screw in the middle of the manifold? I just now put a screw in mine and it solved all my issues..I'm just wondering if I can be able to live with that, money being tight and all that rn. I'm pissed shops kept screwing it on bc I told them not to for that very reason. My acceleration dip has mostly stopped to.