Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review FAST INTENTIONS CBE w/RTP & CARBON FIBER MUFFLERS w/18" Res X-Pipe w/DYNO: SEDAN

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 02:43 AM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
FAST INTENTIONS CBE w/RTP & CARBON FIBER MUFFLERS w/18" Res X-Pipe w/DYNO: SEDAN

Hey guys, about two months back I had a new exhaust system installed on my car.

According to Tony, this is the worlds' first system/setup for a G37xS Sedan ever built: Fast Intentions 2.5" Carbon Fiber Cat Back Exhaust w/18" Resonated X-Pipe and Resonated Test Pipes (w/polished tips).

It took me a while to write this review, because I got VERY lazy, but let me tell you one thing: Tony and Fast Intentions are simply the best. F.I. reputation is surely well deserved and definitely hard-earned.

A little bit of history: My first G was a 2008 G35x Sedan. Even before I got my car I was already on G35driver researching different parts and mods that I could go crazy with. Funny thing is, I ended up not modding at all since I convinced myself that modding out a lease is not worth it. Nevertheless in those days back a few years ago, the second gen G was still relatively a new mod market and not many companies were making products geared towards us X Sedan guys (Glad to see this is no longer the case!). The company which I kept coming across no matter how much research I did on exhausts was Fast Intentions. They were 'touted to be the best. To be honest, I had my skepticisms, since I had never heard of them unlike some of the 'Big' JDM names (Greddy, HKS, AMUSE, MINE'S, JiC, etc.).

In terms of the most recommended company the majority on G35Driver as well as many independent shops I spoke to all recommended speaking to Tony @ F.I.. This included my local auto shop (Speed Industry) as well as a call to Meisterchaft (GTHaus) in Chicago (since they didn't have an X Sedan exhaust system developed at the time, they told me to call F.I.)

After creepily lurking on here for quite some time, I gained some insight on which exhaust system stood above the rest for my particular application. I finally knew what I wanted by reading about the endless raving and ranting of the numerous satisfied F.I. customers; I really thought to myself, can they REALLY be that good?

However, by the time I picked up my current 2011 G37xS Sedan this past year (Aug-2011) I decided to 'bite the bullet' and gave Tony a call, the first week of October. We discussed a few options and I weighed them over the course of a week or so, while doing research on here and Youtube (thanks Xo4oX for the F.I. video uploads & G37SAM '3ammaksamer'--watched them like 10000x times lol) on which system I would be most happy with.

So I called up Tony, who by the way is extremely knowledgeable and a seriously good guy. Not only does he know his stuff about exhausts but he's very patient and is willing to answer all of your n00bish questions as well. After taking his advice on which system would best suit my Sedan (I still can't believe I wanted NON-RES TEST PIPES OR LONG TUBE HEADERS and 3.0" Piping lmao thanks to G37Sam for re-assuring me about the RTP's sound), I ended up with the system stated above.

In all honesty, I actually called him a number of times to try to change things around (mostly out of nervousness of what it would sound like--I wanted it to be loud, but little did I know that it was going to be loud as HELL), each time Tony reassured me with the system I originally chose.

Cool Info: From what I understand, each exhaust system is Custom built in-house with the highest quality standards as well as the best materials by some of the most skilled craftsmen. I actually had a chance to thank the guy who made my particular system, Mike (If I remember corrctly), for doing an excellent job. I think this is what sets F.I apart from all the other companies. Each system is custom made in-house and that level of quality and care and that standard of production is why fast intentions is the best.

Payment: Tony was patient enough to work with me for the payment and we figured out a plan to get it paid by the time the system was built. It was nice to not have to pay the total cost upfront, because the system was def on the higher end of my budget.

Shipping: Exhaust shipped ULTRA fast. I live in MI while F.I. is based in Cali and the exhaust arrived during peak holiday season within 3 business weekdays. Seriously cool.

Installation: I have to say, Fast Intentions know how to make an excellent product. I stopped by a local shop, Speed Industry, to get the install taken care of, by some guys I met and trusted from my previous G35x where I had gotten it dyno'ed. It's sad to say, but even though I live in 'Motor City', it's hard to find a shop that I can trust to work on my car, since most of the shops around here usually only work on domestics and don't really have experience with Nissan/Infiniti's or imports in general.

Not gonna lie, I couldn't sleep too well out of anticipation the night before the install, lol.

This exhaust was made to bolt-on without any issues. And let me tell you, there were 0 issues during install. In fact, I had already assumed that 1 or 2 problems would occur, since even with the simplest things, problems arise. But honestly, even the guys at the shop were surprised at how simple the installation was and how it went on without a problem. NO welding, cutting, etc.

Approx install time was about 5 hours; they took their time and made sure everything was done right + allowed me some time to take some shots. Seriously great guys to work with.

Performance: As soon as we got the system on, lowered the G from the lift, and started up for the first time (HEAVEN!!!!) the FIRST thing I did was have it thrown on a dyno; previously, from the day before, I had had a few stock dyno runs taken so on this day I was going to be able to see if Tony's system REALLY was 'all that powerful'. D@mn, it proved itself! Dyno Charts Below. NOT ONLY does the system sound amazing, but it DEFINITELY delivers power TO THE WHEELS! It's honestly amazing to feel the different in terms of the butt dyno of the 'before' and 'after' the exhaust install.

Even the guys at Speed Industry were seriously surprised to see a +17AWHP, +7AWTQ increase on a 4th gear pull and a +24AWHP, +11AWTQ increase on a 3rd gear pull!!!

Keep in mind that this is on a Mustang Dyno which hasn't been calibrated in a while
Simply stated, this CBE + RTP setup is amazing.

Sound: In one word: AMAZING. NOT ONLY does this system deepen the stock exhaust sound of the V6 VQ, but it also screams during Downshift Rev Matching(DRM) and Higher-RPM's. IT IS A BLAST. N'uff Said. Videos below. More to come.

Looks: Looks great, sounds great, and is much, MUCH lighter than the stock exhaust (I think I saw somewhere like 46LBS. lighter???).

Ok enough typing, now for some pictures, ENJOY!

Questions, Comments, Criticisms, Video Requests all welcome! and a special shoutout to Tony @ Fast Intentions, Alexei, Junior, & the crew @ Speed Industry, G37SAM, X040X and everyone else that helped me in making the right choice.

Out with the Old....

Stock Exhaust System vs. Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber CBE w/RTP

Stock Mufflers + Midpipe

Stock Catalytic Converters

Naked Car

In with the new...

New FI CF CBE w/RTP

New Style X-Pipe w/18" Resonators

some close-ups of the beautiful stainless steel T-304 and Carbon Fiber work on the Mufflers & Resonated Test Pipes

Installed, Mounted, and ready for some Dyno Pulls!

If you would like to compare Stock vs. Installed Dyno Runs please check these videos out:

Stock G37xS Sedan Dyno Run:

2011 Infiniti G37xS Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber Cat Back Exhaust w/Resonated Test Pipes DYNO1 - YouTube

Dyno run with FI installed:

2011 Infiniti G37xS Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber Cat Back Exhaust w/Resonated Test Pipes DYNO1 - YouTube

Dyno run 2 with FI installed:

2011 Infiniti G37xS Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber Cat Back Exhaust w/Resonated Test Pipes DYNO 2 - YouTube

Dyno run with FI in 3rd gear:

2011 Infiniti G37xS Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber Cat Back Exhaust w/Resonated Test Pipes 3rd Gear - YouTube

Dyno 1/4 mile run:

2011 Infiniti G37xS Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber Cat Back Exhaust w/Resonated Test Pipes 1/4DYNO - YouTube
Old 03-28-2012, 02:47 AM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Final Thoughts: I love this system, it's built extremely well, it's noticeably increased my hp throughout the torque curve, and it sounds phenomenal.

There are two things I'd like to mention, however, and those are important things to note; although I am happy with the system, since I opted for the test pipes, they have an odor that's very noticeable. Also, I'm assuming since I have the test pipes, and likely since they are resonated, there is a good amount drone at generally lower rpm's. Luckily, this is one area where having a 7AT helps, because I can forcibly push the rpm's higher than or lower than the 'drone zone'. For some, this may be a deterrent, because the droning can get pretty annoying on the highway. As a side note, the exhaust does 'break-in' and tend to get quieter with the RTP's. It's something that I think I can live with and I'll keep this post updated with more and more miles on the odometer. Already, as of 03/28/12 I have approx 10k Miles and about 2k miles with the exhaust.

All in all, I'm very satisfied and would do it all again if I had to re-order tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:48 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Great Review!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:52 AM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Lt8Che
Great Review!
Thanks, took a few hours to type up/load pics/upload vids but this forum has been an invaluable resource for me so it's time to give back!
Old 03-28-2012, 03:03 AM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Forgot to add the AFTER Dyno Sheet:
Old 03-28-2012, 05:44 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Excellent review! Tony is the man for sure. Amazing exhaust! I am so glad I own one lol thanks for sharing, looks and sounds mean and clean.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:28 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Great review man! I don't think there's ANYone that regrets being part of the Fast Intentions family
Old 03-28-2012, 10:26 AM
simonsez

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
great review. i wish you have a drive by video as well.
I ordered my X sedan exhaust as well. isn't 18" res too quiet? i'm thinking about switching to 12" res.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
With resonated test pipes i would stay with 18 inch x-pipe as well.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:00 PM
supadice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can't wait for mine!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:20 PM
supadice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got mine with no res but keeping stock cats
Old 03-28-2012, 01:09 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

its hard to hear in those videos, those fans are sooo loud
Old 03-28-2012, 10:24 PM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Since I'm a n00b I don't know how to multi-quote

@VossenWheels: thanks man really appreciate the compliments! And yes, Tony is def a well deserved legend in my book. Great guy to work with and very true to his Italian roots (Think: Ferrari & Lamborghini)

@1CleanG: There's no doubt, Fast Intentions IS the best and it feels good to support a company which works hard for us customers! Feels nice to be 'in' the FI Clan, too haha

@Simonsez: I think the 18" resonators for the X-Pipe are perfect. I harassed Tony like crazy to 'upgrade/change' to Long Tube Headers, NON-RES Test Pipes, 3.0" piping but he assured me I would be happy with the sound. Trust me when I say this, it's SERIOUSLY loud. You'll see that once you hear the first start-up post installation. I'd say my FAV sound is the downshift from 3rd - 2nd gear on the 7AT. Absolute bliss

@Supadice: seems like you have a fun setup on order as well. The waiting is half the fun honestly, hope you enjoy your system! Best post up a review/pics/vids as well!

@terrorific: yeah those fans are very loud and my Nikon D3100 has pretty sub-par sound recording, but no worries, more videos coming soon my friend
Old 04-05-2012, 02:06 PM
simonsez

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MistAminER112
Since I'm a n00b I don't know how to multi-quote

@Simonsez: I think the 18" resonators for the X-Pipe are perfect. I harassed Tony like crazy to 'upgrade/change' to Long Tube Headers, NON-RES Test Pipes, 3.0" piping but he assured me I would be happy with the sound. Trust me when I say this, it's SERIOUSLY loud. You'll see that once you hear the first start-up post installation. I'd say my FAV sound is the downshift from 3rd - 2nd gear on the 7AT. Absolute bliss
thanks for your assurance brother! i was going to call Tony and change my order to make it louder but after reading your comment, it's not necessary.

2 more months of wait!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:28 AM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Originally Posted by simonsez
thanks for your assurance brother! i was going to call Tony and change my order to make it louder but after reading your comment, it's not necessary.

2 more months of wait!!!
wait can suck but it's worth it, just make sure you have everything else planned like where you're gonna get it installed, how much it's gonna cost, etc. try to get the details sorted out ahead of time so you can bolt that bad boy on as soon as it's delivered! Make sure your cameras batteries are charged and your SD card is empty so you can post pics and vids as soon as you're rolling with it too!

Quick Reply: Review FAST INTENTIONS CBE w/RTP & CARBON FIBER MUFFLERS w/18" Res X-Pipe w/DYNO: SEDAN