Tint recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Mello1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tint recommendations

Hi everyone. . .

New to these forums and just discovered the Hawaii Sub-Forum (pretty cool). I have a Moonlight White g37s sedan and want to get it tinted.

Does anyone have a comment regarding T&T Tinting, Al's Tinting, etc.?

Also, is ceramic tint necessary due to the keyless entry, push button start and bluetooth for the phone?

Any comments or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Looking forward to the next G/GTR cruise, although my ride is stock.

TIA

Mello1
Old 06-09-2010, 04:59 PM
XLR8SN

Originally Posted by Mello1
Hi everyone. . .

New to these forums and just discovered the Hawaii Sub-Forum (pretty cool). I have a Moonlight White g37s sedan and want to get it tinted.

Does anyone have a comment regarding T&T Tinting, Al's Tinting, etc.?

Also, is ceramic tint necessary due to the keyless entry, push button start and bluetooth for the phone?

Any comments or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Looking forward to the next G/GTR cruise, although my ride is stock.

TIA

Mello1
I went to T&T Tinting and have been to Al's as well. Between the 2...I preferred T&T...even though they are a little bit more expensive.

The ceramic tint and the Air Blue was worth the money. The keyless entry still works on my car, the push button start...no problem...the bluetooth I would assume only pertain to inside of the interior....so a tint should not interrupt it...I would assume.

But for heat reduction definitely the ceramic and the Air Blue. Its legal now and worth the extra cost for the heat reduction after leaving your car in the sun for a while.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Mello1

XLR8SN,

Thanks for the quick reply. Ceramic + Air Blue is a pretty pricey combo, but I suppose if your car is left out in the sun a lot, it would make sense. Especially if you have a dark colored car or interior. My car is usually parked in covered areas unless it's at the supermarket, etc. I'll probably bite the bullet and just go with the ceramic tint atleast. Quality install is probably most important (no bubbles & lint in the film and cuts/scratches to interiors). I don't mind the reflective metallic tints as there are plenty shiny metal like trim on the car already.

Any comments regarding King Kustom Tinting? I just noticed that they are a sponsor for the Build the Track Motorsports Show.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Mello1
Old 06-09-2010, 08:00 PM
XLR8SN

Versus a sedan....I had a lot less windows to tint to be honest.

I am not too sure about the other companies. I am sure that there are others that do very good jobs....but in regards to the longevity of a company and in case there are any issues....I tend to end up back at T&T Tinting.

Its always a legal tint....no worries about safety checks on tint issues at least.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:10 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I pay $100.00 bucks for any sedan or coupe, and the quality I pay for is remarkable. For me, window tint is for aesthetic purposes. It doesn't really get that hot here in Cali where I am from, so I could care less for any special tint which covers X% more heat than my regular tint. I have four years using the same tint place, and let me tell you, the tint looks like the day I purchased it.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Mello1

$100 is a killer deal, especially if you're satisfied with the tint and results. Is the film you have installed dyed (non-metallic) or metallic (hybrid, all metal)? If metallic in nature, have you noticed any interference or degradation with remote entry, Tire Pressure monitoring, bluetooth, etc.?
Thanks for your feedback.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Mello1

Originally Posted by XLR8SN
Versus a sedan....I had a lot less windows to tint to be honest.

I am not too sure about the other companies. I am sure that there are others that do very good jobs....but in regards to the longevity of a company and in case there are any issues....I tend to end up back at T&T Tinting.

Its always a legal tint....no worries about safety checks on tint issues at least.
All valid points, especially for warranty issues. Lifetime warranty means nothing if all the authorized installers or the manufacturer are out of business.

Trending Topics

Old 11-08-2012, 02:18 AM
mackeywatson

Chauncey from Tintwerx, for sure. I think it's around $160 for the entire car. That's for the cheap stuff. They also have the better ceramic tint for not much more. Very clean install too.