Group Buys Group Buys put on by Members or Sponsors

GB Extreme Spoiler Roof Spoiler

Old 01-12-2017, 06:04 AM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
Here's the link to their web page if anyone needs it:http://www.extremespoiler.com/

As a side note...... you'll need to know your "Paint Code" when filling out the form. For those who might not know the Paint Code for their car, it's listed on a label that on the driver's door jam of your car.

Last edited by The Pope; 01-12-2017 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:03 AM
The Pope
Registered Member

Please copy the "I've Signed up! part including the names that have been added and then add your name to the list if you've filled out the form https://goo.gl/forms/evfYe8bMeBOIpuHe2 that bridgengineer created, so that we can see how many have signed up.

Pricing tiers:
5+: get 5% off = $94USD
10+: get 15% off = $84 USD
15+: get 20% off = $79 USD
20+: get 25% off = $74 USD

I'll start it off....

I've Signed up!
1)The Pope
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
The following users liked this post:
bridgengineer (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 10:05 AM
bridgengineer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Updated the list with everyone that has signed up so far since I could see it. Please continue to copy the I've Signed up! part when updating the list, thanks for starting it off Pope!

I've Signed up!
1) The Pope
2) Bridgengineer
3) ForYourHealth
4) dwb993
5) On3go
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
Old 01-13-2017, 07:50 PM
sicKzofivE
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
i've actually purchased the gen 3 off ebay from extreme ( thru happybuyitnow168 ) for $55 painted and shipped to my door. here's the link, they got 5 left as of right now. Heads up tho, if you got Moonlight white like I do I highly suggest getting it in black as the white will not match very well. I did mine in black for my moonlight since I have tinted windows.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271943283497?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 01-16-2017, 12:40 PM
bridgengineer

Bump! Lets get some more people added to the list!

I'm not sure if everyone is still interested but the following members who previously said they would be interested have not completed the order form:
pwfd2135
Purplewang
tjohnsonn
G37xhibeet
waitwhat
Eyeshield25
Pretendingtowork
Sydnrustry

Please fill out the form whenever you get a chance if you're still interested in participating in this group buy. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2017, 09:30 AM
sydnrusty
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Is anyone else ordering gloss black painted (rather than body color)?
If so, what are you putting for paint code?
Old 01-19-2017, 09:54 AM
bridgengineer

Originally Posted by sydnrusty
Is anyone else ordering gloss black painted (rather than body color)?
If so, what are you putting for paint code?
I have an obsidian black sedan, which is basically gloss black and the paint code is KH3
Old 01-20-2017, 09:54 AM
ForYourHealth

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Might be backing out....

Hey guys, I apologize for being so gung-ho initially and then seeing the eBay ad that sicKzofivE posted. I went on this seller's page on eBay and found multiple styles of roof spoilers for many generations of G's (coupe/sedan too). I don't see any reason why we should be doing a group buy - even if we get 20+ people on the list (which is unlikely), we would still be paying $25 more each rather than going through happybuyitnow168.

I can help people find their specific roof spoilers if needed, but I am officially backing out of this group buy.

Sorry.

Originally Posted by sicKzofivE
i've actually purchased the gen 3 off ebay from extreme ( thru happybuyitnow168 ) for $55 painted and shipped to my door. here's the link, they got 5 left as of right now. Heads up tho, if you got Moonlight white like I do I highly suggest getting it in black as the white will not match very well. I did mine in black for my moonlight since I have tinted windows.

08-15 PAINTED Smooth F Design ROOF SPOILER WING FOR INFINITI G4th G37 SEDAN | eBay
Old 01-20-2017, 10:48 AM
The Pope
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ForYourHealth
Hey guys, I apologize for being so gung-ho initially and then seeing the eBay ad that sicKzofivE posted. I went on this seller's page on eBay and found multiple styles of roof spoilers for many generations of G's (coupe/sedan too). I don't see any reason why we should be doing a group buy - even if we get 20+ people on the list (which is unlikely), we would still be paying $25 more each rather than going through happybuyitnow168.

I can help people find their specific roof spoilers if needed, but I am officially backing out of this group buy.

Sorry.
I've been discussing this issue with bridgengineer. Bridgengineer is contacting the vendor to see if we can get prices better that what they are offering on Ebay. So if you haven't already ordered one from Ebay, hold off for a little while longer to see if bridgengineer can get us an even better deal.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:57 AM
ForYourHealth

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds good. Thanks for the reply. I have not made any purchases yet and am looking forward to hearing back from the vendor.

Originally Posted by The Pope
I've been discussing this issue with bridgengineer. Bridgengineer is contacting the vendor to see if we can get prices better that what they are offering on Ebay. So if you haven't already ordered one from Ebay, hold off for a little while longer to see if bridgengineer can get us an even better deal.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:19 PM
bridgengineer

So... I contacted the vendor about the eBay spoilers, they informed me that happybuyitnow is a reseller for them, and they asked them to raise the prices on the spoiler in the link (now it's $83). It looks like the only one that went up in price is the one that was linked...

I'm going to ask the vendor to match the $55 price for all the styles in order to keep this group buy alive. I'll let everyone know what I hear back. Hopefully if they match the eBay price we can get more than 5 people to sign up
The Pope (01-20-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 11:57 AM
MJaga
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bridgengineer
So... I contacted the vendor about the eBay spoilers, they informed me that happybuyitnow is a reseller for them, and they asked them to raise the prices on the spoiler in the link (now it's $83). It looks like the only one that went up in price is the one that was linked...

I'm going to ask the vendor to match the $55 price for all the styles in order to keep this group buy alive. I'll let everyone know what I hear back. Hopefully if they match the eBay price we can get more than 5 people to sign up
So instead of A. Offering to sell the spoilers at the $55 price or B. Advising you to purchase from the eBay reseller because they are not willing to budge on price... they instead C. Go out of their way to reach out to the eBay seller and have them increase their price so the members of this forum are unable to benefit from the lowest price available for the same item? Am I reading that right?!

Hopefully they make right and don't try to price gouge you guys on this.

Also, obviously the reseller purchased a large amount of the item allowing him to sell it at the $55 price point while still making profit. Is the company willing to say how many units need to be purchased in bulk to reach a sub-$55 per unit price point?
Old 01-21-2017, 12:24 PM
bridgengineer

Originally Posted by MJaga
So instead of A. Offering to sell the spoilers at the $55 price or B. Advising you to purchase from the eBay reseller because they are not willing to budge on price... they instead C. Go out of their way to reach out to the eBay seller and have them increase their price so the members of this forum are unable to benefit from the lowest price available for the same item? Am I reading that right?!

Hopefully they make right and don't try to price gouge you guys on this.

Also, obviously the reseller purchased a large amount of the item allowing him to sell it at the $55 price point while still making profit. Is the company willing to say how many units need to be purchased in bulk to reach a sub-$55 per unit price point?
Yeah... I don't really understand their logic here.

I made it clear that if the eBay price can't be matched there's no point in putting together this group buy.

As far as how many would need to be bought for a sub $55 price point - I'm sure would be more than we could ever get to sign up..

I'm hoping they make right on this too, and will share what they say whenever I hear back.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:47 PM
MJaga
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bridgengineer
Yeah... I don't really understand their logic here.

I made it clear that if the eBay price can't be matched there's no point in putting together this group buy.

As far as how many would need to be bought for a sub $55 price point - I'm sure would be more than we could ever get to sign up..

I'm hoping they make right on this too, and will share what they say whenever I hear back.
Well, I guess by their logic they did get the GB price and eBay price to match; by getting the eBay price raised. If it was me (which I don't think I'm in the market for one anymore) I would not pay a cent more than $55. I only support honest companies. This seems to be a dishonest move on their part and no dishonest company will ever receive a dollar of mine. I understand it's a business and they need to profit, but that was deceitful. I would rather purchase a similar item from another company even at additional cost just based on the principal of the matter.

Good luck.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:47 AM
bridgengineer

Hey all, I wasn't sure if I was going to hear back from them but Extreme Spoiler replied back to me today and will do the $55 price point for the group buy.

If you're still interested please fill out the order form, or if you're no longer interested also please let me know. Thanks!
The Pope (01-25-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GB Extreme Spoiler Roof Spoiler