Group Buys Group Buys put on by Members or Sponsors

Group Buy - Clutch Pedal Assist Spring for 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 10:52 PM
sLADe781
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Done. Took about 10-15 minutes to install and definitely makes a HUGE difference!! I still can't fully feel the engagement points when shifting but I am shifting so much smoother now so I'm very happy with the product. Definitely worth the $20 spent.

One question I have though are the 2 indent impressions shown here:

Name:  IMG_7134.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  35.8 KB

Do they really have to be facing to the right towards the clutch pedal? I don't remember which way it was facing when I took it apart and realized that they are now facing left (away from the clutch pedal) but I read on some posts that they should be facing right? Does it affect the setup or anything when facing right?

Thank you Jsolo for the fast shipping and great product!!
Attached Thumbnails Group Buy - Clutch Pedal Assist Spring for 6MT-imag1444.jpg  

Last edited by sLADe781; 10-24-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:21 AM
vqsmile

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by sLADe781

One question I have though are the 2 indent impressions shown here:

Do they really have to be facing to the right towards the clutch pedal?...
Unless that whole end is not centered on the axis of the spring, or the eye hole is tapered, it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference.

EDIT: OK, I see what's going on. The OP referred to those dots being significant in post#86, but that was only for the BOTTOM clevis mounting point, since there are two holes and they are slightly different diameters (or essentially like a taper). On the top mount, those dots, which are simply casting marks, should be irrelevant.

Last edited by vqsmile; 10-26-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Kalcut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Payment sent, thanks!
Old 10-27-2014, 02:01 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
@sLADe781, on my own car, I found that when the dimpled side was facing towards the driver door, removal of the pin required more effort. I doubt it's tapered, but the hole may be machined differently. No idea if this applies to the top clevis. I swore never to touch it again after losing the pin somewhere behind the fuse box then wasting hours trying to fish it out.

@Kalcut, see your email for tracking info. Expect active scans sometime late tomorrow night.

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:04 PM
ToXIc
Registered Member

Received 102 Likes on 79 Posts
definitely gonna put down a towel before working on it.. after reading about parts flying..
Old 11-01-2014, 10:35 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Monthly tap....
Old 11-09-2014, 11:25 AM
jeffhui9

Spring still available?
Old 11-10-2014, 01:16 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Yes, they are. All information is in the first post. I update it monthly.

Thanks!

Jsolo
Old 11-10-2014, 05:54 PM
jeffhui9

Payment sent, I also PM'd you.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:26 PM
Sway_NV
I'm too young to die!

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
Finally put mine in today. Took 7 minutes to install, mostly just lining the pin back up. 10x better than the stock 330lb spring.... I think an 80lb spring would be better than the 52lb spring, but I'm really nitpicking and being a perfectionist. It just seems to have a little bit of play at the top. But it's literally such a small amount, it's no big deal. It's so much better than the stock spring. Highly recommended for everyone. Thanks again Jsolo!
Old 12-14-2014, 06:34 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Went ahead and sent ya money via PayPal. Thank you man! I've been struggling with this clutch on mine for quite some time now. Hoping I can some sort of feeling in the darn thing. So soft.

What exactly should I expect? I just want it to give me a bit more feedback!
Old 12-16-2014, 09:12 AM
ed89
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ordered and installed this spring about a few months ago and just want to say it has helped a lot. Not a compete fix but for the small fee it really helps. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to have a better feel to the clutch pedal. It does help. Easy and straight forward install. Installation time is less then 5min. Thanks for making the spring available to us Jsolo
Old 12-22-2014, 01:36 AM
teefar

Just ordered one on your ebay page. Looking forward to getting it.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:40 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Just a small update from my end out here in Seattle. Spring assist mod is now on the car. It's definitely interesting, and it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. I wanted something actually to firm up the ENTIRE movement of the clutch. The spring however did so, albeit indirectly. You guys remember when you were first starting out on our car's clutch? It had that spring loaded "push" near the bottom of the floor when the clutch was fully disengaged? The new spring essentially exacerbates, or amplifies, that feeling. The top end, held up by the OE spring, essentially eliminates the smooth transition between the bottom "push" (you feel it when you're engaging the clutch - ie bringing it back up off the floor). The top portion of the clutch pedal when you're engaging it is now softer. This may...be obvious to some, but I just wanted to clarify for those who may have been scratching their heads. It DOES help for smoother engagements, I will admit, and it also helps to shift a bit quicker - how? perception, but it does allow me to go directly to where that engagement point is now. Now, I just wanted to mention that I do consider myself to be a pretty decent driver, and I never had problems engaging my clutch between gears smoothly. I did however search at times despite muscle memory in my left leg, and so I didn't actually think that this new spring would be of much help; after a few trips around the neighborhood...it's definitely helpful - it adds precision (to smoothness) and accuracy (to engagement point).

Install tips - careful when you pull the pin out. It takes a bit of work simply because of the awkward position you're in when you're pushing the clutch pedal down with one hand, and pulling with the other. I ended up losing mine back behind the side panel, and had to pull it apart to retrieve it.

Happy with the new spring! Nice job Jsolo!

Eric
Old 12-25-2014, 12:29 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

^^My first install involved dropping the top pin behind the fuse box. Later realized there's no need to remove the top pin. It is an awkward position to install in, but after having it done enough times on many cars, usually ~2 minutes is all it takes now.

Happy Holidays..

PS. Check your mailbox more often

Quick Reply: Group Buy - Clutch Pedal Assist Spring for 6MT