General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help Anything I should do before warranty ends?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 04:57 PM
Bret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything I should do before warranty ends?

I bought my G37 last October, and my factory warranty is ending next month. Anything I should do at the dealership while still under warranty? It hasn't seen a dealership since I've owned it. There are no particular issues, so maybe it's pointless.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:55 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
Some advisors might be nice and offer a free inspection as a goodwill to earn your business. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask.

A small piece of advice... try to find a dealership that isn't too busy because for the service department, time is money. Factory doesn't fully reimburse for the tech's time and so if they are busy, they will be more likely to turn you down as they can earn more from regular repairs. However, when they are not as busy, they would take you in and fill in some of the tech's down time and charge factory for it.

The only thing IMO is notorious for failing is the differential bushing. You can do a visual inspection yourself by looking at the rear subframe for black streaks on the diff cover.
Name:  IMG_0529_zps4d519673.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  66.2 KB

Also check for any leakage in the engine bay area.
The following users liked this post:
Rich11G37xS (03-25-2017)