General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Need Help - P010C code being thrown after installing bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 06:48 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Need Help - P010C code being thrown after installing bulbs

Hopefully I can get some help because I'm lost at this point. Recently, I installed city lights and in order to get where I needed to I had to remove the airbox. I did this, and once I buttoned everything back up, I'm now throwing a P010C code.

Read that someone had a similar issue after an intake install and his driver's side MAF was backwards or the wrong direction? Not sure that is the case here since the airbox only goes in one way.

Here is the link for reference:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ave-codes.html

I've attached a picture of my Driver's side MAF plugged in. Picture was taken as though you were leaning into engine bay from driver's side fender. It's also worth noting that there is a ominous tapping sound that wasn't there before. I pulled everything back out and inspected for loose wires or anything that could be causing it but found nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Hoping it's something easy and quick I can fix.
Attached Thumbnails Need Help - P010C code being thrown after installing bulbs-maf.jpg  
Old 02-03-2017, 11:35 PM
hurleyguys

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
the p010c code is low voltage to the ECU. unplug the maf sensor and clean the connections. then when you put it back on, make sure it is well seated.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:30 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I tried that last night before posting; but it seems gone for now. I disconnected the battery over night and connected it this morning and the code is gone. I let the car idle for 5 minutes before driving to base. It's a 30-40 mile drive so it seems like a good test. So far so good. Just glad that weird tapping is gone. Stuff of nightmares