General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help My AC is playing games again

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 07:54 PM
Slowg37
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My AC is playing games again

So about 4 months ago my AC stopped blowing cold and I ended up buying a used compressor off of a salvaged G37. The salvaged G37 only had around 40k miles on it before it was wrecked, so I was under the impression that the compressor would be good for a while.

Fast forward to today, It was raining sideways like in forest gump. So I scurried through the down pour in my expensive suit, jumped in my car, turned on my AC and the air felt like lava and fogged up every window in my car.

Following the months after the installation of the new compressor, there was weird noises coming through my vents. A good way to describe the noise would be similar to someone exhaling really loudly. I'd hear the noise for 15-20 seconds then it would disappear. This happened almost every time i drove my car. When i got to work today my AC was amazing, when i was leaving work my AC didn't work AT ALL. I checked my freon pressure and it was completely empty.

So really what im looking for here is someone to tell me its not my compressor, and its only a $3 fuse or something. I know the compressor is probably shot, but I'd like some pro advice. Help me prease.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:07 AM
Kb Cool
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Sounds like you sprung a leak. Pressurize the system with dry nitrogen and listen for a hiss and if you can't hear anything start soaping everything down and look for bubbles.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:13 PM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
being cheap always ends up getting expensive. you sport a "supposed" expensive suit but yet instead u bought your ride a junk yard compressor? my advice take it to a shop. you either have a leak or your compressor took a dump.