General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Trunk Release Button Not Working. FOB & Trunk Switch (Inside) Works

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 06:54 PM
tite_tite
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Update..

Got a call from Infiniti stating my car is fixed. They stated the BCM & antenna (replacement) solved the issue. Probably should have just change the antenna in the beginning.

Haven't picked up the car yet but will later this week. Just wanted to give an update & thanks to all for your input & assistance.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:16 PM
six.
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump

Having this exact same problem right now, after a rear-end collision almost dead center on top of that antenna.

It's still in the shop, techs scratching their heads.
The following users liked this post:
Fman007 (08-15-2023)
Old 11-19-2019, 02:26 PM
QuinnDEskimo
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Yep I just got mine back after a $6K rearend accident repair job and a floor replacement in the trunk and have the same issue. Everything works but the darn button. This will be the 3rd time I’ll have to get a rental car. First time my rear running lights didn’t work so I was driving at night with no tails. Only reason I knew was because the interior console buttons were all out as well. Thank goodness for insurance.
Old 12-24-2022, 05:03 PM
Tony Gutowski
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Follow up trunk button not working.

Originally Posted by QuinnDEskimo
Yep I just got mine back after a $6K rearend accident repair job and a floor replacement in the trunk and have the same issue. Everything works but the darn button. This will be the 3rd time I’ll have to get a rental car. First time my rear running lights didn’t work so I was driving at night with no tails. Only reason I knew was because the interior console buttons were all out as well. Thank goodness for insurance.
Same exact situation here. How did you resolve it? My body shop is saying it's the switch on the trunk. Can you share the part number and location of this antenna?
TIA
Old 12-24-2022, 05:11 PM
Tony Gutowski
Registered Member

What is the part number that they replaced for the rear antenna? I am having the exact same issue.
Old 12-24-2022, 05:14 PM
Tony Gutowski
Registered Member

Is this it? 2010 Infiniti G37 3.7L V6 AT 2WD/STD SEDAN SPORT PREMIUM Keyless Entry Antenna (Rear, Upper) - 285E4-JK60A - Genuine Infiniti Part (infinitiusa.com)
Old 01-18-2024, 08:44 AM
wrkls_
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old thread same problem

Originally Posted by tite_tite
Hi,

So I had my car returned from Nissan collision body shop after rear end accident.

The car came back & I am having problem w/ the Trunk Release button. Keyfob & trunk release switch (inside car) works but not when you press the button on the outside of the trunk next to the rear camera.

Took it back to Nissan body shop & they replaced the trunk release button switch & still doesn't work. They told me I can take it to Infiniti & have them diagnose it. They stated that if the problem is related to the accident then it will be covered but if not, I am responsible.

BTW... the trunk release button worked before the accident. I know because when I was rear ended, I press the trunk release & trunk opened but it would not close due to the accident . Also, I used it all the time when I go to the grocery store.

Want to know what I can check before taking it to the Infiniti dealership for diagnostic. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

NOTE: I did a search & saw something about "BCM" replaced. What is BCM?
My key fob and trunk release button inside the car would open my trunk, but the actual trunk button wouldn’t. I ended up finding out that the 2 pigtails (1st: that goes to the tag lights harness 12v 2nd: that goes to the keyless entry antenna behind the rear bumper 5v) were reconnected incorrectly. Which in turn fried the keyless entry antenna, and wouldn’t power my license plate lights. I found this helpful and will leave this here for anyone who might need this. Unfortunately it’s a common thing especially if you or your car have been rear ended. Switch the pigtails around and replace the antenna.

https://www.justanswer.com/nissan-in...pen-trunk.html
Old 02-23-2024, 06:34 AM
coolest

Hello everyone , Ive managed to find put the problem with the trunk button ,
Inside the panel at the rear there is an harness with 2 lines , both was shut and touching the car panel ,
iso the 2 lines and the button started to work again
The 2 lines connected to the rear key antenna and causing the issue
hope it worked for you