General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Spongy Clutch Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 11:08 AM
vqsmile

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by ZSpeedPerformance

Yes the 370Z and early G35 sedan 07-08 master is a direct fit into the G37, just deletes the damper on the bottom of the G37 master, all the damper is is a plate with 2 rubber seals on either side to dampen "any" feel the clutch had without it.
Thanks for the confirmation.

And so I wonder why, oh why, does Nissan have such contempt for us being able to feel the clutch.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:20 PM
SlateBlue G

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by sLADe781
Thanks vqsmile, I appreciate that. I knew I would run into some problems if i tried but it was really bugging me that I didn't at least give it a shot so I just had to try.

But yes, I did loosen the ABS module from the bottom and shifted it a bit. It provided some room for me to pull the MC out but not enough to take it all the way out. I'm not sure but maybe I'm not moving the module enough but it just seemed to not want to budge anymore and I'm afraid of forcing it and causing a kink in one of the lines somewhere so I stopped. There's just this black bracket that the module sits on top of that the MC hits and I cannot seem to get around it.
you have to take the 4 bolts holding the brake booster out to get more room. It's a pita to get the last bolt out. Wiggle the MC down all the way and it will slip right out. I've done this job more than once on mine and friends G'z. PM me with questions
Old 04-18-2015, 03:07 PM
sLADe781
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by SlateBlue G
you have to take the 4 bolts holding the brake booster out to get more room. It's a pita to get the last bolt out. Wiggle the MC down all the way and it will slip right out. I've done this job more than once on mine and friends G'z. PM me with questions
Thanks bro, I appreciate the advice.

Yeah, I brought the car to a shop but they were extremely busy so I eventually just worked on the car there myself. When I got stuck, they helped me out and had me remove the brake booster to get enough space to pull the master out. Bled the system with GTR fluid and everything so far has been really good. Hoping that the issue is resolved with no more problems!!

Thanks for chiming in!
Old 04-18-2015, 04:34 PM
vqsmile

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by sLADe781
Thanks bro, I appreciate the advice.

Yeah, I brought the car to a shop but they were extremely busy so I eventually just worked on the car there myself. When I got stuck, they helped me out and had me remove the brake booster to get enough space to pull the master out. Bled the system with GTR fluid and everything so far has been really good. Hoping that the issue is resolved with no more problems!!

Thanks for chiming in!
All things considered, and in relative terms, that's still good news, right?

How long has it been operating without any issues since the master cylinder was swapped?

Fingers crossed
Old 04-18-2015, 11:59 PM
sLADe781
Registered Member

Originally Posted by vqsmile
All things considered, and in relative terms, that's still good news, right?

How long has it been operating without any issues since the master cylinder was swapped?

Fingers crossed
It's been a little over 2 weeks now and everything is nice and firm still. And yes, it's definitely it's great news!!

Thanks vqsmile!!
Old 06-10-2015, 12:41 PM
el_jefe_45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was skimming through this thread. How is everything with the clutch? I had an 06Z that did the same thing. Replaced the clutch fluid and bleed it, worked for a short time and the issue came back. I did some more research and saw the the line some times weaken and will bubble out when pressure it added. I replaced it with a steel braided and that seemed to fix the issue.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:34 PM
sLADe781
Registered Member

Originally Posted by el_jefe_45
I was skimming through this thread. How is everything with the clutch? I had an 06Z that did the same thing. Replaced the clutch fluid and bleed it, worked for a short time and the issue came back. I did some more research and saw the the line some times weaken and will bubble out when pressure it added. I replaced it with a steel braided and that seemed to fix the issue.
Clutch pedal is still good. No spongy feeling or issues since the MC swap!