General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Transport Mode Switch

Old 11-23-2014, 03:21 PM
CoolBreeze
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Transport Mode Switch

Replaced my battery and afterwards, the analog clock and homelink did not function.

The transport mode switch was in the in position. I did the wiper and turn signal switch in the down position for kicks to no avail.

Can the transport mode fuse switch come out easily without undo force, to be able to check the fuse? It did not seem to.

TIA
Old 11-29-2014, 11:04 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Transport mode is a German car thing.
Not with Infiniti.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:00 PM
CoolBreeze
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I found the name transport mode switch name in this forum and some Mr. Fixit’s with alleged replies from Infiniti technicians.

After further research, I came up with the proper name of extended storage switch, which I did end up finding in the owner’s manual. This is the switch one should pull if the car will be sitting for a while, to minimize battery drain. Which comes down to RTOM – read the owner’s manual.

Pinching the switch with my fingers to remove did not work. I ended up using a couple of small needle noses. The fuse was blown. Replaced it, now everything is working.

Why it blew, I do not know. As far as I can tell, only the analog clock and home link are on the 10A fuse.

I did check for error codes in the “secret” diagnostic screen, and there was a code for a previous instance which is cleared or is now OK. I will have the dealer look into it further when I bring my car in for service in a few weeks.