G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me choose my future exhaust please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 12:42 PM
ctng37
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
A gear indicator would be nice too. I noticed a buzzing sound when the car is in gear and the ignition is on so maybe there's some electrical stuff for that.

Originally Posted by Rochester
You would expect the performance model of a "luxury" brand would have had an optional sport exhaust.

You would also expect the top-of-the-line model 6MT to get the down-shifting rev-match tech, since it was already in the 370Z.

For that matter, how this car doesn't have a heated steering wheel is a complete mystery.

/pointlessrant
The rev-match feature would be awesome for this car but manually doing it yourself and getting that "perfect" downshift is really satisfying. Back to exhaust systems, how is the Fast Intentions setup, Rochester? Does the exhaust crackle and pop like the Motordyne or is it more tamed?
Old 03-26-2017, 12:59 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by ctng37
Back to exhaust systems, how is the Fast Intentions setup, Rochester? Does the exhaust crackle and pop like the Motordyne or is it more tamed?
It's certainly loud, but deep and a very consistent growl on the way up. My best stab at adjectives for this opinion is that the FI exhaust tone is smooth and well-modulated.

But on the way down, particularly if the RPM fall is hard, there are occasional crackles and pops. It's not common to normal, typical driving, but does happen.

If someone is reading this and wondering what is meant by "crackles and pops", go YouTube the Jag F-Type... which is a car that fully embraces that phenomenon. Exaggerates it, in fact.
The following users liked this post:
ctng37 (03-26-2017)
Old 03-26-2017, 01:41 PM
ctng37
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
It's certainly loud, but deep and a very consistent growl on the way up. My best stab at adjectives for this opinion is that the FI exhaust tone is smooth and well-modulated.

But on the way down, particularly if the RPM fall is hard, there are occasional crackles and pops. It's not common to normal, typical driving, but does happen.

If someone is reading this and wondering what is meant by "crackles and pops", go YouTube the Jag F-Type... which is a car that fully embraces that phenomenon. Exaggerates it, in fact.
I want to get something different eventually so I was doing some research and decided between Fast Intentions and Motordyne. Definitely leaning towards Fast Intentions now. I want something aggressive when on throttle but calm when daily since the g is a luxury sports car.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:14 PM
g37x2013
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ctng37
I have the same setup on my sedan also. I personally think the tone is amazing and the car really opens up with more throttle. However, the exhaust is kinda quiet imo. I would've expected the loudness level (for lack of a better word) to come stock on the car. Sounds almost stock at idle and a bit louder than stock on throttle but you get a more VQ growl.
I find the tone amazing and very appealing for my taste. I do not want my G to sound loud as it does not appeal to me (for my taste). This pairing certainly gives you hidden power/throttle response that the stock parts kept from me experiencing (just what I feel). I have a 7AT, it is even more exhilarating in DS mode and auto-manual mode when I drive in that fashion. Auto-man mode, you just fly by without much effort.