Sponsored by:

G37 Sedan 2013 model sudden performance increase

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 02:57 AM
olican1971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Sedan 2013 model sudden performance increase

Dear All,

I am writing this from United Arab Emirates Where Infiniti cars are very much respected.. I own a G37 American spec car which I have been driving for almost 2 yrs.. Here is pretty much hot country as you might imagine, However winter season temperature can be as cool as 20-21 degrees celcius(70 degrees Fahrenheit) during day time and 11-13 degrees Celsius(52 degrees Fahrenheit) in night time.. The reason I mention the temperature because my car's performance suddenly change in a better way, without kicking down the gas pedal the car accelerates like a bullet and there is easily noticeable power and performance change in the car, I m not sure whether they have changed the oil and air filter in the last service or they have done something special with the car(which I don't think so) .. The car's mileage is around 65000 miles again I m not sure about if this is to do with the mileage , temperature or latest service but all I know the car's performance has increased drastically.. Please share your thoughts if any of you has ever experienced this kind of thing without modifying the car.

My other question is that when you replace the normal air filter with a performance, what is noticeable difference in power and fuel consumption.

thanks in advance
Old 02-25-2017, 07:28 AM
ryanwhite74115
Registered Member

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Cooler temperature equates to denser air. As the air is more dense for cubic foot, you car is naturally being fed more air than normal. As we have ecu's with mass air flow sensors, essentially the car notes the uptick in air and therefore upticks the amount of fuel. More fuel and air equates to more power. There are limits to this however....such as it being -50 out. But comparing driving the car in 120 degree weather to 50 degree weather, absolutely the car should be faster and have better throttle response.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:54 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
It's also possible the ECU could have been reset or they reflashed your transmission as there are some TSBs (Service bulletins) that apply if you have an Automatic Trnasmission. This could result in the car feeling more lively in the short term.

BTW, welcome to the site, glad you found us from way over there