Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

Recommended Minneapolis/Twin City Shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 10:31 AM
ej_424

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommended Minneapolis/Twin City Shop

Title says it all. Looking for a recommended shop for engine and body mods.

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2017, 11:55 AM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Not sure about body shops as I have not had to use one yet. DB Performance in Rogers seems to be the first choice for motor work. They are the only shop that offers Uprev and Ecutek and Shane is very active in the car community. I will bring my car to them when the time comes. Maybe someone knows of another.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:02 PM
TBau651

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
I rarely sub any type of work out to shops...

DB Performance seems to be one of the more popular ones from what I've heard.

RS Motors - in Burnsville, popular in the Subaru community. Seems like theyre mostly driven towards tuning and engine upgrades/rebuilds. Not sure how much work they do with G's, but it does have a rate for cars other than the ones listed on the website (evos,subbies, etc.)

I've seen vendor booths for Black Top Racing at some of the local Nissan/Infiniti events but I dont think they do installs, just a local parts supplier.

The MN Nissan Infiniti (MNNI) club is from what I know, much more active on facebook vs. this forum. If you are a facebook user and are looking for advice on local shops, it might be worth throwing the question out the the MNNI group via facebook.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:30 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Yep MNNI is good bunch of enthusiasts. Hung out with them a couple of times and rock some of their swag because they are class. Also Lance with Next Level Performance has alot of experience with the vq platform and I found him to be very helpfull when I asked about intakes and exhaust upgrades. Give him a shout. Good guy. Lnk:http://www.nextlevelperf.com/

Last edited by Invaderzim; 01-20-2017 at 07:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
1cleanG (10-08-2019)
Old 01-20-2017, 08:58 PM
Tuckermaclain
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I had DB performance put a Stillen SC kit into my 2010 G37x. They did a nice job but it took a Hell of a long time. Months. A small part of that was shipping the tranny valve body to Level 10 in Jersey for an upgrade. I was pretty happy overall. They are an authorized Stillen installer. I thought enough of them to take my car all the from Omaha, NE to Rogers, MN.