Sponsored by:

Parking Sensors - Always seem to be going off

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 02:00 PM
Warlock5150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parking Sensors - Always seem to be going off

Hello Everyone, new owner here.

Picked up a 2013 G37x sedan a few weeks ago. I've noticed that almost every time the vehicle is in reverse the system produces a sustained BEEEEEEEP until the transmission is taken out of reverse. My car has nav, backup camera and the sonar sensors on the rear bumper.

My question is, how often is this beeping supposed to occur (normally)? It appears that the rear bumper was resprayed at some point (perhaps by the dealer as part of prep) and I'm wondering if the sensors were incorrectly re-installed or painted over.

Ideas?
Old 10-25-2016, 02:04 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Warlock5150
Hello Everyone, new owner here.

Picked up a 2013 G37x sedan a few weeks ago. I've noticed that almost every time the vehicle is in reverse the system produces a sustained BEEEEEEEP until the transmission is taken out of reverse. My car has nav, backup camera and the sonar sensors on the rear bumper.

My question is, how often is this beeping supposed to occur (normally)? It appears that the rear bumper was resprayed at some point (perhaps by the dealer as part of prep) and I'm wondering if the sensors were incorrectly re-installed or painted over.

Ideas?

Try Clean your parking sensor's. Mine do this after driving through the rain . It should be a slower beep when you are far away from something, and the beeping expedites as you get closer to something.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:16 PM
13_SkylineSedan
Registered Member

Received 63 Likes on 62 Posts
Those rear sonar sensors are particular, meaning, the "outer" and "inner" ones are different components. Plus, they need to be installed level and with the correct side up or they will be sensing your driveway (for example) as an obstruction.

If your bumper has been redone by a body shop, one possibility is that the components were accidentally swapped, installed crooked, or upside down... You'll have to do some research to figure it out but you can start with the "SN.pdf" here:
Index of /FSM/G37/Sedan/2013
Old 10-25-2016, 05:17 PM
Warlock5150

alright, thank you! I am wondering if I should just call the service department of the dealership and have them deal with it. I haven't even had the car a month...
Old 10-26-2016, 04:11 AM
13_SkylineSedan
Registered Member

Received 63 Likes on 62 Posts
Yes definitely, let them sort it out ... at no cost to you. The system is not functioning properly.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:20 PM
misc
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you can adjust the sensitivity of the sensors, yours might be at the max.

I was playing around with it one time, and there is def. some significant variance between the settings, might want to check yours
Old 11-01-2016, 09:19 AM
Warlock5150

Car at the shop, driving a Q50 loaner...feels like they made it a little cheaper than the G37