G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drained battery, odd problems, troubleshooting, and frustrations.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 01:06 PM
svclee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drained battery, odd problems, troubleshooting, and frustrations.

I just wanted to share my experience of a drained battery and the weird issues I had.

Had a fun day at the theme park full of rides and scares. Came back to my car at 1AM ready to drive home and come to find out I see my parking lights and tail lights on. I am like WTF ahhhhhhhhh! Why were the lights on? Because someone was sitting in my car and fell asleep with them on.. =X

Anyways i sit in my car and try to start the car and NOTHING. No clicking or nothing at all, car wont start. I turned the dome light on and the light was really low which to me probably indicates a low battery. Also i could not turn off the parking lights or tail lights and they were flickering every so often. I also encountered the RED Car with key icon on solid which i thought Oh Damn im screwed, did the immobilizer system immobilize my car? If your car gets immobilized from what I read you have to take your car to the dealership to get it disabled\reset. I tried everything from removing my battery from key fob, locking the door from the outside and unlocking, placing the key in the key fob slot on the bottom left of the steering wheel which I have learn is there as a backup if your key fob battery dies and you need to start the car??? Checked the battery cables and all was well there.

I ended up calling a tow truck around 130-200AM and waited and waited and they never came. I called and got voicemail every time. Luckily there was a park security guard checking on us every so often and he mentioned he had a lunch break at 4AM and would come by and jump my car to see if that was the issue. While he was working security he did say he could not assist as due to park rules it was a liability and i understood. He came back shortly after 4am with his Nissan Altima "in my head ah cool my step brother car of the Infiniti" and jumped my car. It ended up being a low battery as my car started up right after the jump. 4AM exhausted and i was filled with joy and thankful to this guy for helping me on his lunch break, awesome dood.

Point of my story is dont let someone who doesnt know how to operate your car sit in it without knowing how to fully shut it off and on as needed. =X

If your car parking lights are on and wont turn off it may be an indication of low battery and you need a jump.

The car was really doing weird things due to the low battery. Most times when I have experienced a dead battery things just wont turn on but the G37 tricked me into thinking it was immobilized and not a dead battery because lights and such were still turning on.

So far the battery has held up the past few days, though to not risk it i may get a replacement soon. I dont like being stuck. =(