G37 Sedan

Reviews on HKS axle back?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 02:14 PM
MarkyMark97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reviews on HKS axle back?

just wanting to know what you all think of the sound when its paired to stock pipes. I know the cans are big compared to most exhausts. Have one coming next week and will post a review+video link.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:46 PM
James Harden
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Mark,

Check out this thread- https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...st-thread.html

Lots of reviews of each exhaust set up and if you do not see what you need just post your question in there.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:04 PM
lightlypurified
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
hello mark which hks muffler are you planning to get? hks makes 2 for the g37 i have an hks legamax muffler on mine sounds very quiet but it looks beautiful i paid a grip load of money to have it shipped over from japan.

and hks hi power exhaust

Last edited by lightlypurified; 09-14-2016 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:07 AM
Rich11G37xS
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I just installed the HKS a few weeks ago and I'm not sure I shouldn't have just ordered the Topspeed Y pipe back for $550 or saved my money for a full catback. I do like the sound of the HKS, I'm all stock for now, I did just order the Topspeed dual cold air intake . That should be here next week. I should know better after that install. The video above is what led me to the HKS. His only other mod is a CAI and his setup sounds good....Good Luck !!
Old 09-15-2016, 09:16 AM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
HKS sounds good from what I can tell from the few videos on YouTube... if it wasn't for those fugly fart cans I would have gotten them over the Tanabe.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:23 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
I don't like the tips.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:55 AM
lightlypurified
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I don't like the tips.
yup looks ricey *** hell uncle bens wants the recipe
Old 09-16-2016, 09:37 AM
Rich11G37xS
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I could agree with that, They are quite large. As I mentioned, I'm really wondering I f I should have just saved up for a full catback. Who knows maybe next spring I opt for a full catback.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:14 PM
Crazyirish
Premier Member

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
I don't think the size is the problem. I think rolled edge or dual wall tips with a slant cut look a lot better on our cars. Still a good exhaust for the money.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:37 PM
MarkyMark97

Originally Posted by lightlypurified
hello mark which hks muffler are you planning to get? hks makes 2 for the g37 i have an hks legamax muffler on mine sounds very quiet but it looks beautiful i paid a grip load of money to have it shipped over from japan.

V36 HKS リーガマックス・プレミアム* REV - YouTube

V36 HKS リーガマックス・プレミアãƒ* Co ld Start - YouTube

and hks hi power exhaust

Infiniti G37 Sedan HKS Hi-Power Exhaust - YouTube
I bought the hi power axle back for the sedan, pretty excited for it to arrive i just wish there were more sound clips around
Old 09-16-2016, 01:42 PM
MarkyMark97

Originally Posted by Rich11G37xS
I just installed the HKS a few weeks ago and I'm not sure I shouldn't have just ordered the Topspeed Y pipe back for $550 or saved my money for a full catback. I do like the sound of the HKS, I'm all stock for now, I did just order the Topspeed dual cold air intake . That should be here next week. I should know better after that install. The video above is what led me to the HKS. His only other mod is a CAI and his setup sounds good....Good Luck !!
Good to hear you like them, im pretty excited for mine to arrive. However i have some pretty good fab skills and plan to cut & roll the tips to look a bit nicer. Will post pics
Old 09-19-2016, 09:07 PM
Alcaponed

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
All I have are the Hi-Power mufflers, and they sound pretty awesome from outside. They drone like crazy on the inside but I got custom J Pipes on there so it's not as bad. For some reason or another my car did accelerate a bit more quickly with the new setup (tested it against a friend's car before and after), and makes the power band SLIGHTLY peakier. I enjoy it although the drone is still there, so if possible buy a full system, not just mufflers. Lots of fun though! First time I've had an aftermarket exhaust and it's a lot of fun!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:12 PM
MarkyMark97

Originally Posted by Alcaponed
All I have are the Hi-Power mufflers, and they sound pretty awesome from outside. They drone like crazy on the inside but I got custom J Pipes on there so it's not as bad. For some reason or another my car did accelerate a bit more quickly with the new setup (tested it against a friend's car before and after), and makes the power band SLIGHTLY peakier. I enjoy it although the drone is still there, so if possible buy a full system, not just mufflers. Lots of fun though! First time I've had an aftermarket exhaust and it's a lot of fun!
Great feedback, thanks! Im thinking cold air intakes, rims or eibach springs next!
Old 09-21-2016, 10:51 PM
XyncSector

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Axleback as well. Love the look because I love aggressive styling, and it's HKS so no rice-factor there haha. Wish it sounded louder, but getting a Stillen Gen 3 intake in and hopefully install some Motordyne ART pipes which I'm sure will free up some added sound potential.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:03 AM
MarkyMark97

Originally Posted by XyncSector
I have the Axleback as well. Love the look because I love aggressive styling, and it's HKS so no rice-factor there haha. Wish it sounded louder, but getting a Stillen Gen 3 intake in and hopefully install some Motordyne ART pipes which I'm sure will free up some added sound potential.
Thanks for the feedback, sounds like those who have the hks really like it. I cant wait for mine. Does it sounds good with stock pipes? Looking for a mature sound, nothing to loud.

Quick Reply: Reviews on HKS axle back?