Sponsored by:

Sluggish Acceleration???

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 02:02 PM
Mr.Grant

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Sluggish Acceleration???

Hey Guys/Gals,

I thought i would never have to post anything like this, but here I am asking for a little assistance and thoughts that I could hope help my situation or at least put my mind at ease.

So today I used my lunch break to get some gas, and the car behaved as usual all the way there. While pumping the gas I did notice the pump would stop after a few moments and i would have to start re filling again, almost as if the tank was full which i know couldnt be the case. So I shrugged it off as if it just might be a junk pump that I'm at. So I got back in the car to head to work and a few miniutes of driving I put my foot down to pass someone, and my car basically was not having it. The best way I can describe was like my car decided to go on a diet without telling me and is now a 3 clynder engine or something. If i kept my foot to the floor it took a long time for the revs to build up then I suddenly got a boost of power. Or a better way to describe it was like I have extreme turbo lag or something.

I imediately pulled over, checked for lights and didnt see anything. So I cut of the car and let it sit for a few moments, started drving and all was fine again.

Is this normal, or could i've just experienced a brief moment of limp mode.

Just as a FYI it is very hot today, and I had the AC on while going and coming back. Also yesterday I changed my oil, I used Mobil 1 5w-30 and I would say I put a whole 5 quart bottle in there and little bit of a 1 quart bottle and the oil level checked out fine. I'm relly confused on this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
Old 07-22-2016, 06:46 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Grant
Hey Guys/Gals,

I thought i would never have to post anything like this, but here I am asking for a little assistance and thoughts that I could hope help my situation or at least put my mind at ease.

So today I used my lunch break to get some gas, and the car behaved as usual all the way there. While pumping the gas I did notice the pump would stop after a few moments and i would have to start re filling again, almost as if the tank was full which i know couldnt be the case. So I shrugged it off as if it just might be a junk pump that I'm at. So I got back in the car to head to work and a few miniutes of driving I put my foot down to pass someone, and my car basically was not having it. The best way I can describe was like my car decided to go on a diet without telling me and is now a 3 clynder engine or something. If i kept my foot to the floor it took a long time for the revs to build up then I suddenly got a boost of power. Or a better way to describe it was like I have extreme turbo lag or something.

I imediately pulled over, checked for lights and didnt see anything. So I cut of the car and let it sit for a few moments, started drving and all was fine again.

Is this normal, or could i've just experienced a brief moment of limp mode.

Just as a FYI it is very hot today, and I had the AC on while going and coming back. Also yesterday I changed my oil, I used Mobil 1 5w-30 and I would say I put a whole 5 quart bottle in there and little bit of a 1 quart bottle and the oil level checked out fine. I'm relly confused on this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
When we were in Las Vegas a couple weeks ago our G was in the hottest weather it's ever been in. On the dash temp readout it posted 124 and went between that and 122. The outside temp was 115 but in that asphalt jungle it radiates to 124. My G was certainly more sluggish than normal, especially from a dead stop after idling in hot traffic.
You may have some ventilation problems in your fuel fill or you may have had a sensitive pump combined w/ high heat.
I wouldn't be too concerned, you should throw a code if it's a consistent vapor/ventilation issue.
Since that day in Vegas all has been fine, the 770 mile drive home went without issue as well
Old 07-23-2016, 08:35 AM
TBau651

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
We have had lots of fluctuating temps up here in MN this summer. Anywhere from the humid 100's all the way down to the mid 60's. I have noticed a significant loss in power in those higher temps, feels like the car is gasping for air. It seems to be more noticeable this year with my SR intake setup vs. last year with the stock air boxes.. FWIW.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:36 PM
Huaniitoo
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The same happened to me a few days ago. I let go of the gas waited a few second ands like nothing happened. Weird.