Ordered NAVIKS and a camera, install coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 04:40 PM
Bocian
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Ordered NAVIKS and a camera, install coming soon

Finally bit the bullet and ordered Naviks
Fits Infiniti G35 G37 2007 2013 Navigation Video Interface Add TV DVD Backup Cam | eBay
For those that don't know, this adds two av inputs to the factor screen in our g's, it basically adds a harness in between the screen and factory harness with extra cables leading to a interface box with the two av input. Camera will go to one and an av input for my phone in the other. The one switches on automatically when it receives power (camera turning on upon reverse) and the other av input has an external switch. This supposedly works on both navigation and non-navigation units. Obviously the nav equipped g's come with a back up camera but lack the aux so honestly this is worthless if you have nav and aux but for non nav or non aux, this is pretty cool and not too expensive for what it does.
Also this is only video and no audio. "Luckily" my g is 09 so I do have the aux which I already use for mirroring my phone on the screen.

Tried looking for some reviews and recommendations on here but not much luck but what the heck, ordered one and a backup camera as obviously my g didn't come with one. I used a cheap on my maxima years and years ago and it is working fine to this day. So I bought this one for a whopping 9.82$ I'm not too worried about the picture quality since it's going through av cables so this will do just fine.
Gino 1/4" CCD Flush Mount Backup Rear View Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B2ZD7OS..._1XzHwbK86925D
I'm looking to install it in that chrome trunk lip where the stock one goes just a little off center since the trunk release is already occupying that spot. We'll see, I'll be sure to update my progress but I'm also in the middle of repairs from an accident so bear with me, info will be coming
Old 01-04-2016, 02:01 AM
Dizzleoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This sounds pretty cool. I have a 2013 non nav but i do have a camera. I'm pretty interested in the part where you mentioned phone mirroring. Would i be able to mirror my iphone?

Originally Posted by Bocian
Finally bit the bullet and ordered Naviks
Fits Infiniti G35 G37 2007 2013 Navigation Video Interface Add TV DVD Backup Cam | eBay
For those that don't know, this adds two av inputs to the factor screen in our g's, it basically adds a harness in between the screen and factory harness with extra cables leading to a interface box with the two av input. Camera will go to one and an av input for my phone in the other. The one switches on automatically when it receives power (camera turning on upon reverse) and the other av input has an external switch. This supposedly works on both navigation and non-navigation units. Obviously the nav equipped g's come with a back up camera but lack the aux so honestly this is worthless if you have nav and aux but for non nav or non aux, this is pretty cool and not too expensive for what it does.
Also this is only video and no audio. "Luckily" my g is 09 so I do have the aux which I already use for mirroring my phone on the screen.

Tried looking for some reviews and recommendations on here but not much luck but what the heck, ordered one and a backup camera as obviously my g didn't come with one. I used a cheap on my maxima years and years ago and it is working fine to this day. So I bought this one for a whopping 9.82$ I'm not too worried about the picture quality since it's going through av cables so this will do just fine.
Gino 1/4" CCD Flush Mount Backup Rear View Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B2ZD7OS..._1XzHwbK86925D
I'm looking to install it in that chrome trunk lip where the stock one goes just a little off center since the trunk release is already occupying that spot. We'll see, I'll be sure to update my progress but I'm also in the middle of repairs from an accident so bear with me, info will be coming
Old 02-08-2016, 05:24 PM
Bocian
Registered Member

I installed this a couple of weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. Ran all the wires through factory holes/rubber tubes. I'm very pleased with it. I'll put up the entire install later but as far iphone mirroring, here what you'd need plus av cables and a short hdmi cable.

I already have this set up for my aux inputs (one major benefit of having a pre-2010 G) in the center arm rest. I'm using all three aux input since the stock aux has video and audio connection but the naviks only has video, however that's no problem since you can use Bluetooth to get the sound.
naviks actually sells this, but with a huge mark-up in price and no other necessary cables.

I'm not totally sure if this works better but don't expect anything revolutionary in terms of screen resolution as this is all going through av cables but I use it to watch anything I want on my screen as well as the Waze app.

Oh and the naviks main unit has two av inputs and comes with three cables, two of which are connected to a switch for av 1 and the other is a single wire for av 2 which I used to tap into the reverse lights so av 2 turns on when that cable receives 12v. If you have the rear camera you could potentially add anything you want to the second av as well as another switch giving you the the ability to go between the stock screen and two av inputs.

Here how my rear camera looks

Personally I'm very happy with it and it's virtually all plug and play, aside from tapping into a 12v source and ground
Old 02-13-2016, 04:17 PM
navtool.com
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hi, we offer all in one solution , 2 video inputs plus HD mirroring via built in HDMI, works on car with and without navigation all for $299, its made in USA and 100% automotive grade,
Old 02-13-2016, 05:10 PM
Bocian
Registered Member

Originally Posted by navtool.com
hi, we offer all in one solution , 2 video inputs plus HD mirroring via built in HDMI, works on car with and without navigation all for $299, its made in USA and 100% automotive grade,
I've heard about this system but the naviks was cheaper and I assumed it was in essence the same thing. Can you please elaborate on what this system uses to get the phone mirroring? If it's a composite video Cable then HD won't be possible. Also is the phone mirroring in addition to the 2 av inputs? Or is one input for the phone mirroring?
If this has true HD mirroring then I will be definitely upgrading.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:31 PM
navtool.com
Former Sponsor

I've heard about this system but the naviks was cheaper and I assumed it was in essence the same thing. Can you please elaborate on what this system uses to get the phone mirroring? If it's a composite video Cable then HD won't be possible. Also is the phone mirroring in addition to the 2 av inputs? Or is one input for the phone mirroring?
If this has true HD mirroring then I will be definitely upgrading.
hi we have 2 composite video inputs plus built in HDMI input for limitless HD smartphone mirroring, we take your smartphone output in HD quality and convert in to the highest output resolution that car screen can accept

Unlike Naviks we are 100% made in USA, 100% automotive grade, and HD quality vs composite input from year 1960 that offered by naviks
Old 02-13-2016, 07:20 PM
Bocian
Registered Member

Well you definitely have a leg up on naviks with the HD resolution. I mainly got the naviks for the reverse camera but HD would be nice. I'll see how much I'll actually use the phone mirroring. Thanks for the info and nice product
Old 02-13-2016, 07:51 PM
navtool.com
Former Sponsor

Well you definitely have a leg up on naviks with the HD resolution. I mainly got the naviks for the reverse camera but HD would be nice. I'll see how much I'll actually use the phone mirroring. Thanks for the info and nice product
You welcome
Old 02-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Dizzleoc

Hello,

Is this system plug and play? Also, would I need to buy the corresponding cables for my iPhone 6 or does this system provide cables?
Old 02-18-2016, 05:43 PM
navtool.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dizzleoc
Hello,

Is this system plug and play? Also, would I need to buy the corresponding cables for my iPhone 6 or does this system provide cables?
hi, yes its plug and play, you would nned lightning to hdmi connector
Old 02-18-2016, 06:49 PM
Dizzleoc

Great thank you. Can you tell me what the order process is please
Old 02-18-2016, 07:01 PM
navtool.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dizzleoc
Great thank you. Can you tell me what the order process is please
please PM ill send you digital order form
Old 02-19-2017, 03:51 PM
MrDooley
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd like the same info, @navtool.com
Old 02-20-2017, 01:38 AM
Peruviann
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
this seems pretty cool. would def been interested in the iphone mirroring. gonna have to look this up
Old 03-11-2017, 11:40 AM
bbillard1

iPhone mirroring

I have a 2009 g37 sedan so if I purchased the things you have hear from Amazon I would be able to mirror my phone?
I installed this a couple of weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. Ran all the wires through factory holes/rubber tubes. I'm very pleased with it. I'll put up the entire install later but as far iphone mirroring, here what you'd need plus av cables and a short hdmi cable.

I already have this set up for my aux inputs (one major benefit of having a pre-2010 G) in the center arm rest. I'm using all three aux input since the stock aux has video and audio connection but the naviks only has video, however that's no problem since you can use Bluetooth to get the sound.
naviks actually sells this, but with a huge mark-up in price and no other necessary cables.

I'm not totally sure if this works better but don't expect anything revolutionary in terms of screen resolution as this is all going through av cables but I use it to watch anything I want on my screen as well as the Waze app.

Oh and the naviks main unit has two av inputs and comes with three cables, two of which are connected to a switch for av 1 and the other is a single wire for av 2 which I used to tap into the reverse lights so av 2 turns on when that cable receives 12v. If you have the rear camera you could potentially add anything you want to the second av as well as another switch giving you the the ability to go between the stock screen and two av inputs.

Here how my rear camera looks

Personally I'm very happy with it and it's virtually all plug and play, aside from tapping into a 12v source and ground

Quick Reply: Ordered NAVIKS and a camera, install coming soon