Sponsored by:

G37x sedan price?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Razorr

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
G37x sedan price?

Hey guys,

So I'm trying to sell my stillen supercharged 2013 g37x sedan with only 14500 miles for quite sometime now without any luck. I have priced the car at $32000 seeing that a lot of the g37x with more miles are priced at 28-29k. Now I have a lot of other mods on the car and I know those don't really add any value, but doesn't a supercharger add at least some value?

Do you think my price is reasonable? So far I have it posted on CL of two nearby major cities, mautofied, and ebay with not luck.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:16 AM
the_wolff
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
I don't think you're too off-base. Last month I got a 2012X NoNav with 16k miles for 24k, bone stock. I got it from a dealer, and there may be a bit of a hit doing a private sale, since people don't have an assurance they can bring it back, or that it's been through an recent inspection (think certified used).

I wonder how much of a factor is the fact that it's already built. Lots of guys that do a bunch of mods get enjoyment from shopping and picking their specific mods. Surely some would love (and be willing to pay for) having all that power without doing the work, but it might be a smaller target audience.

I wonder if you'd have better luck with a bigger audience, like a nationwide classifieds paper or ebay (although their seller fees are a killer). I'd hope this sites classifieds would be a good spot for it. I just checked it out, you sure did a great job putting it together! Good luck with your sale!
Old 10-07-2015, 12:52 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Try Autotrader and Cars.com to get the biggest audience, which is exactly what you are going to need to sell that car. When I was looking for my 6spd. sedan for a few months I came across one that was Stillen supercharged for roughly $28k that I think had a little more mileage than yours (maybe 22k), but it was a 2011. I saw it on cars.com last month and it is not listed anymore so it must have sold.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:00 PM
RavensMinded00
Registered Member

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts
I agree, you're going to want to spend some cash and put the car on Autotrader, cars and even Ebay. I think some might be turned off by the fact the car is already built but you're only looking for one person. Broadening your advertising can only help.

For what its worth, if you go a few months with still no offers that tells you the price might be out of the reach of where it should be.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Razorr

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was actually unsure of putting it up on autotrader since most people seem to have better luck on craigslist, so I didn't bother. But then again most people were selling cars for under 10k.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:45 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Sounds like a very nice ride.

I wonder if auto enthusiasts who are after a SC car might go for a 6MT RWD. Though yours is anything but, an X might be perceived as a family car.

I sure would love it.

Sean
Old 10-08-2015, 12:49 AM
Razorr

Originally Posted by VIVID
Sounds like a very nice ride.

I wonder if auto enthusiasts who are after a SC car might go for a 6MT RWD. Though yours is anything but, an X might be perceived as a family car.

I sure would love it.

Sean
I know that's the biggest drawback of my car, it's a stupid automatic. But then again they don't really offer a manual awd sedan.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:05 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
Your mods make the car desirable to a very narrow market of buyers. CL is very hit or miss with cars. As indicated, you need to post to a wider audience. Ebay's fee is $100 for a car sold through ebay. I've sold a car and bike using ebay to get leads but conduct actual sale outside of ebay. Be sure to include a phone number in your listing so potential buyers can contact you directly.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:32 AM
Razorr

Originally Posted by Jsolo
Your mods make the car desirable to a very narrow market of buyers. CL is very hit or miss with cars. As indicated, you need to post to a wider audience. Ebay's fee is $100 for a car sold through ebay. I've sold a car and bike using ebay to get leads but conduct actual sale outside of ebay. Be sure to include a phone number in your listing so potential buyers can contact you directly.
I've run an ebay auction listing twice now and spent $40 just for inserting the car. So far, I've got 1 bid for $15000, other than that I had no bites at all. So pretty much giving up on ebay and will target autotrader next.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:49 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
I thought ebay gives 6 free annual auto listings?

If you're not getting bites on ebay then list-it-until-sells is an option with autotrader (if they still offer it).

Did you try listing this on the370z site too? Given how performance oriented the car is, that target a more appropriate audience.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:10 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Razorr
Thanks for the feedback guys. I was actually unsure of putting it up on autotrader since most people seem to have better luck on craigslist, so I didn't bother. But then again most people were selling cars for under 10k.
I have yet to use craigslist to sell a car. So correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that generally for a very small, specific area? I know most people on there usually sell very cheap cars.

You need a big audience to sell that and Autotrader and cars.com have the most listings. They are the only two I use when I am looking for a vehicle. I sold my M3 on Autotrader very quickly because it was seen by so many people.
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (10-08-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 10:30 PM
Razorr

I have the car posted on autotrader for a few days now. Still no bites, only spam. I'm considering taking the supercharger off and parting it out. Do you guys think I can get more money or sell the car faster that way?
Old 10-11-2015, 12:16 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Razorr
I have the car posted on autotrader for a few days now. Still no bites, only spam. I'm considering taking the supercharger off and parting it out. Do you guys think I can get more money or sell the car faster that way?
Possibly. Let me know if you do that. I may be interested in the supercharger
Old 10-11-2015, 01:32 AM
salmonslayer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
With the SC on your car its hard to sell your car for that price. Though I like my G37 better than the Q50, there were used Q50s in my area selling for low $32k to $36k used with 30k miles or so. I think only an enthusiast would know and care for a SC'ed G.

For reference, I just got my RWD G37s with 30k miles for low $20k. I was seeing 13 models on the lot with 20k miles or listed for $28k range.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:54 PM
Razorr

From the looks of it, I might be parting out at least the supercharger. Anyone know how much a 2013 g37x with 14,500 miles would go for if I sell privately? Also, if I part it out would it be a good idea to just take the stock car to Carmax?

Quick Reply: G37x sedan price?