ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Is this dyno tune any good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Scott B.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Is this dyno tune any good?

Got my car dyno tuned at APH in Markham. It was a 2 hour car ride to this place and for my first tune ever .. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement... Would I recommend this place to anyone..,not a fn chance !! My tune was scheduled for 430. Think it was around 640 that they finally pulled my car in... Did I get an apology or appreciate your patience etc... Never even got a hello or proper introduction !! I had to go find him to ask if he was the owner for crying out loud. Nothing was explained to me, nothing was said on what I wanted or what he was going to do, just got in my car with his laptop and away he went. I was trying to be polite, positive and not come off like an *******, even offered to buy him a coffee ... I should have just left but came all that way and really wanted the tune and to have my car running at its best. My stupidity I guess!! I got there about 4:20 and left around 8:45.... There are a few other awd tuners in Toronto so will definitely be looking else where ..
Ok so with that out of the way....rrrrrrrrr. Here is the dyno graph from my tune. I was hoping the car would be around 285 hp.. Is that unrealistic for the mods I have ?? Is the tune good ?? Did gain around 15 hp and torque ?? The a/f ratio was around 13.1 that I saw anyways ?? The car sputters now every time I let off the throttle, like it's not burning all the gas ?? fast slow doesn't matter it sputters as soon as I take my foot off the gas... It did not do this prior to the tune .. Is this going to damage the catalytic or resonant chambers ?? Ohhh and if anyon3 would know..... if the air conditioning was left on during the tune, would that make the numbers low or 5brow off th3 tune?? Would appreciate any input and comments....Thanks....
Attached Thumbnails Is this dyno tune any good?-image.jpg  

Last edited by Scott B.; 07-04-2015 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 07-05-2015, 09:11 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Hey Scott sorry this went so bad for you man. Places like that suck :/ I had a similar experience here also with a place, They even had the dyno set wrong and AWD light was blinking during the pulls.

The 276 seems low but the dyno can not be set right and don't get hung up on the numbers. However the graph doesn't look that good The TQ should be almost flat to 6k or so yours spikes then falls off. The WHP looks right even the squiggles up top mine looks like that also. ( AWD fighting the dyno).

I would look else where for sure. Sorry again
BTW the pics upside down LOL
Old 07-07-2015, 12:36 AM
CPJ LB
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
sucks that you had to experience that for your first tune... was the guy who tuned your car the shop's main guy or owner? I'd call back and ask to speak with the shop owner to see about coming back and having 'another set of eyes' look at your tune and diagnose what is causing your sputtering.

Did you get 5 maps with the tune? If so, I'd find out what maps were added - performance, stock, valet, anti - theft, etc...could be that your car is in a specific map...?

I also have an AWD and when I got my tune, initially we were getting some issues with the AWD system, but were able to resolve it and get some strong pulls. My tune was done at Church's Auto in CA prior to me moving to CT.

let us know if you get this issue resolved with your tune.