2013 G37x Tire recommendation advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 09:31 PM
sharmelan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jpg37
I have the Continental DWS, there are good dry, wet and snow, but suck on hard packed snow or ice, feels like the car is all over the road compared to all season Michelin's, my 2 cents.
So what is the best All Season Tire that is good in snow, or better than the rest in snow?

(Sport oriented all season tire that is V rated)
Old 07-14-2015, 10:13 PM
securityguy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The Contis are very nice as are the Michelin's. Subjective really but I am a Michelin man.
The following users liked this post:
dbeachy1 (07-15-2015)
Old 07-16-2015, 10:14 AM
sharmelan

Originally Posted by securityguy
The Contis are very nice as are the Michelin's. Subjective really but I am a Michelin man.
Got a quote from local firestone. They would install the Continental DWS 06, for 620 all in. Sounds okay to me. Is this the price range? can this be had for cheaper anywhere else?
Old 07-16-2015, 10:30 AM
jman09

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by sharmelan
Got a quote from local firestone. They would install the Continental DWS 06, for 620 all in. Sounds okay to me. Is this the price range? can this be had for cheaper anywhere else?
price seems pretty good to me? are you sure that includes everything? what size tires are you going with?
Old 07-16-2015, 10:44 AM
CPJ LB
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
^ just to compare, I ran a quote on TireRack - I believe the price listed on their site is without shipping - $128 per tire. So if Firestone can install everything for $620, sounds like a good deal.

http://www.tirerack.com/cart/HoldingArea.jsp
Old 07-16-2015, 01:46 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Tire rack for the Contis I got:

CONTINENTAL
EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06
Ultra High Performance All-Season
Size: 245/45ZR18 XL
Blackwall
Per Tire: $169.00
Availability: In Stock
Can be delivered for $14.06 per tire.
Set of 4: $676.00
Free Road Hazard Protection
($52.80 value. Exclusions apply.)

Sean
Old 07-17-2015, 10:28 AM
sharmelan

Originally Posted by jman09
price seems pretty good to me? are you sure that includes everything? what size tires are you going with?

price changed. Maybe I was quoted something to get lured in? maybe. The size I was going with is the default, or 225-55-17.

Another place quoted me 677 + tax. Around 720ish maybe. I even quoted from walmart for 707 + Tax. Yes Walmart has them too. Midas quoted me 930 all inclusive.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:32 AM
sharmelan

Originally Posted by VIVID
Tire rack for the Contis I got:

CONTINENTAL
EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06
Ultra High Performance All-Season
Size: 245/45ZR18 XL
Blackwall
Per Tire: $169.00
Availability: In Stock
Can be delivered for $14.06 per tire.
Set of 4: $676.00
Free Road Hazard Protection
($52.80 value. Exclusions apply.)

Sean

yup. rather than shipping them, I can have the local shop get it and install for me for about 720'ish.

Now after doing some additional research, I am even more confused. I am okay with the price, however this tire seems to have some reviews that indicate bubbling issues on sidewalls. Anyone have this happen to them?

I do not want to get into the cycle of changing one tire or another every several months due to the bubble forming on tire sidewalls. This can quickly become expensive, and I'd rather go with Michellin Pilot Sport A/S for that price.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:50 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by sharmelan
yup. rather than shipping them, I can have the local shop get it and install for me for about 720'ish.

Now after doing some additional research, I am even more confused. I am okay with the price, however this tire seems to have some reviews that indicate bubbling issues on sidewalls. Anyone have this happen to them?

I do not want to get into the cycle of changing one tire or another every several months due to the bubble forming on tire sidewalls. This can quickly become expensive, and I'd rather go with Michellin Pilot Sport A/S for that price.
Wow. I hope not. They got two or three good reviews out of two or three reviews on Tire Rack. There is also a test drive video there.

This is a new version of that tire that came out in the spring so there is limited feedback. I hope they don't have a new-product-manufacturing-bug (don't ask me about my first-generation BMW X5 ). Maybe give them a call and talk to them. I believe they are one of our vender sponsors.

Anyhoo, they have a good warranty so I should be covered for a while. If not, it's just an indication from the mod gods to step up to a premium wheel and tire combo.

Sean
Old 07-17-2015, 02:55 PM
sharmelan

Originally Posted by VIVID
Wow. I hope not. They got two or three good reviews out of two or three reviews on Tire Rack. There is also a test drive video there.

This is a new version of that tire that came out in the spring so there is limited feedback. I hope they don't have a new-product-manufacturing-bug (don't ask me about my first-generation BMW X5 ). Maybe give them a call and talk to them. I believe they are one of our vender sponsors.

Anyhoo, they have a good warranty so I should be covered for a while. If not, it's just an indication from the mod gods to step up to a premium wheel and tire combo.

Sean

I am putting away my installation for another week or two till I gather more info and reviews on this. I drive between Iowa and Michigan all the time, and I do pass through rough patches in road that I have no control over.

My next choice is Pirelli's. But not sure if they are any better since they do have softer side wall as well.

The model in question is
P Zero All Season Plus

Any experienced users who currently own a set, please provide your feedback.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:08 PM
sharmelan

bump up.

Any new suggestions?

I have decided to go with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06. I have owned a non ExtremeContact before which bubbled out on me (sidewall), as well as I read reviews about this tire having problem even under normal driving conditions for some. Leaving the judgement out, I will genuinely believe these drivers could have been treating their tires nicely and driving normally and still got the bubbles, but the great reviews on these tires are convincing me to take a second look.

Any other tires that has proven track record of not bubbling out or non soft sidewall?

Sportier feel and road manners are important to me as well as quieter ride. I also live in the snow belt, hence I will appreciate great snow handling as well to the sake of my safety during my everyday commute (must do for living). I believe anything but Eagle RS-A will give me that based on many feedbacks. However I am trying to find some names of tires that I can look at, specifically at non Michelin prices.

Please leave your feedback and suggestions.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:07 PM
mvyas2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my 2013 G37xS used at 19K miles with OEM dunlop sport maxx a1/as. These tires were OK in the beginning but got progressively worse. After moving from the midwest to SanDiego I started to notice the tires didn't soak up bumps well. Given that San Diego has the 8th worst roads in the nation this didn't surprise, however I drove another G RWD and noticed the ride was better than mine.

After a lot of research to figure out the next tire set I decided to go with the Michelin mxm4's. Let me tell you these tires are absolutely as good as advertised. As soon as I put a set of primacy's on my car the ride changed significantly. The bad bumps on my street didn't seem too bad anymore. The car rides significantly quieter and smoother. I strongly urge users with the x models to go for touring style tires than the high performance all seasons that come with the car. The OEM tires are way too sporty and aggressive and frankly you don't need that for a stock all-wheel drive G sedan. Given I drive mainly on highways the G now drives like a competent highway cruiser and feels more refined.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:28 PM
xkunalx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2010 x sedan with 140k miles. Just replaced a set of Bridgestone Turanza Serenity that had 79k miles on them with 4/32 still remaining. They got loud over time and wet grip was starting to slip (pun intended). Overall, they were fairly quiet and lasted a long time.
I, after a lot of research, decided to replace them with:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ll+Season+Plus