Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Need help!! Diy turn as tail diode dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 08:19 PM
Upser88
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need help!! Diy turn as tail diode dynamics

Just purchased the diy tail as turn from diode dynamics I wired everything fine rings blink with turn signal and lights up when brake is pressed but when I press the brake with the turn signal on it hyperblinks and 4 ways with brake don't

Last edited by Upser88; 06-29-2015 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Missing info
Old 06-29-2015, 09:13 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Did you install a 6ohm resistor on each side?
Old 06-29-2015, 09:20 PM
Upser88
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No. What line do I install it on ?? Thnks in advanced
Old 06-29-2015, 10:58 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Upser88
No. What line do I install it on ?? Thnks in advanced
Turn signal power wire
Old 06-29-2015, 11:46 PM
Thirty_Seven

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
Turn signal power wire
I went from the turn signal power wire to a ground and I'm still getting hyperblink. DD doesn't know what the problem is. Resistors are getting hot like they should. Anybody know what's wrong?
Old 06-30-2015, 12:51 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
The load resistor should be in parallel with the LED circuit. Have you confirmed your ground is a good ground using a DMM?
Old 06-30-2015, 01:12 AM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by Jsolo
The load resistor should be in parallel with the LED circuit. Have you confirmed your ground is a good ground using a DMM?
Yes, I tried wiring into the tail light ground (black wire) and also tried using the factory ground (it's a metal bolt right near the wiring). Neither stopped the hyperblinking.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:58 AM
MILcityBoi

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Just buy some load resistors from diode dynamics or eBay. I have the same tail as turn set up and wired the resistors that I bought from eBay ($4) without any issue....One wire connected to the Yellow wire of the tail as turn module and the other resistor wire to the ground wire of the turn signal bulb. Simple as can be and works flawlessly. Hope this helps.

And yes, the load resistor will get hot if the signal is used for a period of time. As long as you are just using it for turning I don't see a problem with overheating though.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:15 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Originally Posted by Thirty_Seven
Yes, I tried wiring into the tail light ground (black wire) and also tried using the factory ground (it's a metal bolt right near the wiring). Neither stopped the hyperblinking.
Does the rate of flash change with or without the load resistor?

Could very well be a bad resistor or incorrect value.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:50 AM
jman09

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i would definitely try a new resistor making sure they are the right values, but if he is having hyperflash issues on both sides, then i'd be skeptical at first that both are bad resistors.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:33 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
You need to make sure that you have the wiring configured correctly, and make sure that you've tapped the correct wires

Feel free to give us a call if you are still having issues: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:56 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Originally Posted by jman09
i would definitely try a new resistor making sure they are the right values, but if he is having hyperflash issues on both sides, then i'd be skeptical at first that both are bad resistors.
Could be both are bad or incorrect values. If it were me I'd start by re-examining how the module is hooked up and measure the resistors. I don't believe our car has an actual flasher, so the flash function is part of the BCM. If the former, it's be easy to replace with an electronic flasher.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:02 PM
jman09

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Could be both are bad or incorrect values. If it were me I'd start by re-examining how the module is hooked up and measure the resistors. I don't believe our car has an actual flasher, so the flash function is part of the BCM. If the former, it's be easy to replace with an electronic flasher.
yep, first step should be recheck all the wiring and connections and then the resistors.

i installed this DIY kit on my g37x coupe with no issues. definitely recommend a multi-meter to help with the installation.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:06 PM
Thirty_Seven

No it stays the same. And I don't know because I doubt both resistors would be bad.

It's a 6 ohm, 50 watt resistor which is what DD uses in their plug and play kit so I don't think it's an incorrect value.

yep, first step should be recheck all the wiring and connections and then the resistors.

i installed this DIY kit on my g37x coupe with no issues. definitely recommend a multi-meter to help with the installation.
What resistors did you use and how did you wire them? I went from the yellow wire in the kit to a ground and nothing changed, then I tried turn signal power > ground and still got nothing.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:07 PM
Ipp391
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thank you for bringing up the subject because I didn't even kno that DD sold these!! I've been wanted to do this for a while but the forum member that was making his homemade kit wanted like $75.. I couldn't justify spending that much. But for $15 shipped, done deal.

Quick Reply: Need help!! Diy turn as tail diode dynamics