Sponsored by:

Show me your Graphite Shadow G37

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 03:42 PM
G37X GraSdadow
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Show me your Graphite Shadow G37

So I decided to keep my car as it is.. (Thank you myg37!)

Here is the list of mods I will be doing next weekend.

1) R2C intake
2) Muffler delete with megaflow straight pipe
3) Swift springs (Mine is x.. )

And I'm planning to get the front lip, midnight grill, and paint my 17" OEM wheels to black !(My car is graphite shadow.. i hope it looks good)

I tried to look for modded graphite shadow g37 sedans but its very limited. I remember seeing really nice looking GS g37s.. but can't find it anymore..

Please share your GS g37 pics!

EDIT: I forgot to mention about painting the window trim chome to chrome black like the middle part of the window trim. It looks so much sportier!!!

Last edited by G37X GraSdadow; 06-07-2015 at 02:18 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:50 PM
G37xsfun

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Here's my GS X. Not many mods but Swift Springs (yes, you need front and rear camber kits, expect over a $1000 for all unless you install it all), tint and 19" coupe wheels. Hopefully later this year it will get HFCs, cold air intake and a tune. Have fun with your car.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:01 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Wow for awd models just to lower your car with springs you're required front and rear arms making the total nearly $1,000? That's stupid expensive. Not even worth it imo
Old 06-06-2015, 05:23 PM
G37X GraSdadow
Registered Member

Looking nice! I am not trying to another wheels for long time.. so I'm stuck with 17" oem. lol

That is not what I heard. I even asked a custom shop here in chicago, they told me i would just need to swap the stock springs to swift springs - would cost about 900 including labor+ parts

Originally Posted by G37xsfun
Here's my GS X. Not many mods but Swift Springs (yes, you need front and rear camber kits, expect over a $1000 for all unless you install it all), tint and 19" coupe wheels. Hopefully later this year it will get HFCs, cold air intake and a tune. Have fun with your car.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:02 PM
G37xsfun

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Swift Springs are $300.
After this if you want your car to have the factory camber alignment specs you will need front and rear camber kits. The toe is adjustable from the factory and you can get it back to factory specs without any kits. You can skip the camber kits but your car will have approximately 2 degrees negative camber (this is what I got with my 2011 g37xs on swifts) at each corner which will wear the inner edge of your tires quicker. In either case get a alignment approximately one week after spring install so the new springs will have some time to seat. You need an alignment to adjust the toe as that is what will quickly wear out your tires.
SPC front and rear camber kits $500
Installations for springs and camber kits around $500+.
Alignment $50-$100.

Have fun!
The following users liked this post:
mdmill1 (06-07-2015)
Old 06-06-2015, 07:34 PM
hdub499
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice ideas for the mods, I have the r2c intake waiting in my garage at home for when I have some time away from work to put it on lol

I was thinking of powder coating my rims black as well.. I wanna go for the black chrome, I found a pic online of the same rims I have in that color and I think its gonna look pretty cool with the graphite shadow. I just gotta shop around for prices now
Attached Thumbnails Show me your Graphite Shadow G37-107913d1245638472-pic-request-gunmetal-graphite-powdercoated-g37-wheels-oemblackchrome.jpg  
Old 06-06-2015, 08:50 PM
takeapieandrun
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Just plastidip it first to see if you like it. I like the look of the sport 18's in black. Here's mine in black + metalizer:
Show me your Graphite Shadow G37-tiwski5.jpg
Old 06-07-2015, 12:10 AM
mdmill1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is my 2011 g37xs with 19's, front lip, and rear wing done. Next will be Sport Brakes,Swift Springs. Still trying to figure out what exhaust and intake I want.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:17 AM
G37X GraSdadow
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37xsfun
Swift Springs are $300.
After this if you want your car to have the factory camber alignment specs you will need front and rear camber kits. The toe is adjustable from the factory and you can get it back to factory specs without any kits. You can skip the camber kits but your car will have approximately 2 degrees negative camber (this is what I got with my 2011 g37xs on swifts) at each corner which will wear the inner edge of your tires quicker. In either case get a alignment approximately one week after spring install so the new springs will have some time to seat. You need an alignment to adjust the toe as that is what will quickly wear out your tires.
SPC front and rear camber kits $500
Installations for springs and camber kits around $500+.
Alignment $50-$100.

Have fun!
Hmm.. Since we have both cars, I guess this is necessary for me? But I have read lots of threads and I've been reading AWD g37s doesnt require camber kits.. Isn't it depends on the gap length? (I'm noob forgive me)

Originally Posted by hdub499
Nice ideas for the mods, I have the r2c intake waiting in my garage at home for when I have some time away from work to put it on lol

I was thinking of powder coating my rims black as well.. I wanna go for the black chrome, I found a pic online of the same rims I have in that color and I think its gonna look pretty cool with the graphite shadow. I just gotta shop around for prices now
YES. I have the same rims as well. Those looks really good. I'm deciding if I want gunmetal or black.. I was leaning towards to gunmetal but after looking at your pic.. black chrome looks nice as well..

Here is the picture of gunmetal rims on GS G37.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/interio...-cf-or-fg.html

Originally Posted by mdmill1

Here is my 2011 g37xs with 19's, front lip, and rear wing done. Next will be Sport Brakes,Swift Springs. Still trying to figure out what exhaust and intake I want.
Nice rims! your car looks like it doesn't need swift springs.. It looks good with those big wheels!! My first mod will be intake.. just gotta love that sound!! Where did you get the rear wing? Is it like you put it on the chrome accent on the trunk? then paint spoiler+chrome accent? or is it a whole piece?
Old 06-07-2015, 03:13 AM
mdmill1

Nice rims! your car looks like it doesn't need swift springs.. It looks good with those big wheels!! My first mod will be intake.. just gotta love that sound!! Where did you get the rear wing? Is it like you put it on the chrome accent on the trunk? then paint spoiler+chrome accent? or is it a whole piece?[/QUOTE

Mine is lower than some that I have seen but it still has a gap. The wing I got from discount Infiniti. Check the diy section a lot of people have done the wing. It replaced the chrome peice.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:03 PM
G37X GraSdadow
Registered Member

Nice rims! your car looks like it doesn't need swift springs.. It looks good with those big wheels!! My first mod will be intake.. just gotta love that sound!! Where did you get the rear wing? Is it like you put it on the chrome accent on the trunk? then paint spoiler+chrome accent? or is it a whole piece?[/QUOTE

Mine is lower than some that I have seen but it still has a gap. The wing I got from discount Infiniti. Check the diy section a lot of people have done the wing. It replaced the chrome peice.
do you have any uRL where I could get them?
Old 06-07-2015, 08:25 PM
mdmill1

Originally Posted by G37X GraSdadow
do you have any uRL where I could get them?

Look here https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...on-ebay-2.html

Look for Discount Infiniti Parts Link posted by San~Man this is where I ordered my front lip and rear spoiler from.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:02 PM
VQXauvas
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
My 2011Xs dropped on swifts and sitting on Avant Garde m310 19x9.5

Old 06-07-2015, 10:06 PM
G37X GraSdadow
Registered Member

Look for Discount Infiniti Parts Link posted by San~Man this is where I ordered my front lip and rear spoiler from.
Nice ride. I searched 'San~man' and found some posts.. but what I found is the website discountinfinitiparts.com. However I don't think it comes as painted. Do you know where I could get painted part? (And I can't find the rear spoiler in that website.. just stock spoiler..)

Originally Posted by VQXauvas
My 2011Xs dropped on swifts and sitting on Avant Garde m310 19x9.5
NICE !! Mine will look pretty much same. I would have painted window trim/taillight/grill as black though. When you dropped it with swifts, did you get camber kits? and do you have specs/measures on your swift? how much did you drop?
Old 06-07-2015, 11:32 PM
mdmill1

Yes it comes painted. It takes a little looking around but it's in there or just email them they will tell you the right part number. I can't recall the exact number at the moment.

Quick Reply: Show me your Graphite Shadow G37