Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie lookin for more

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 08:23 PM
Scott B.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Newbie lookin for more

Hey everyone... I have been reading a ton on this forum all winter long trying to find the perfect mods for my 2009 G37x sedan. And finally joined !! Would like to thank everyone that contributes as it is your remarks and comments that lead me to the purchases I made. So far I bought ExoticSpeed HFC's, Ark grip CBE ( Which should be arriving later this week ) K&N drop in filters and Mishimoto intake tubes. My question is .... Are there any further bolt ons or fairly inexpensive mods I can still do to make decent horse power or is it only tt or sc left ?? Like the plenum or just the spacer etc. I want all mods done before I go for my uprev tune at the end of June. Thanks again, you rock !!!
Old 05-26-2015, 11:31 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott B.
Hey everyone... I have been reading a ton on this forum all winter long trying to find the perfect mods for my 2009 G37x sedan. And finally joined !! Would like to thank everyone that contributes as it is your remarks and comments that lead me to the purchases I made. So far I bought ExoticSpeed HFC's, Ark grip CBE ( Which should be arriving later this week ) K&N drop in filters and Mishimoto intake tubes. My question is .... Are there any further bolt ons or fairly inexpensive mods I can still do to make decent horse power or is it only tt or sc left ?? Like the plenum or just the spacer etc. I want all mods done before I go for my uprev tune at the end of June. Thanks again, you rock !!!
Lightweight wheels and grippy summer tires (for the time of year you can let them loose), about the best mod you can do, also sway bar upgrades are almost a must for the X sedans, the stock sway bar is very small.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:19 AM
Scott B.

Hey brother, thanks for the reply. I have 18" Dub dirty dog rims and supposed to be stickier summer tires..lol. Continental extreme contact DW ... I was debating on the sway bar but that can be done pretty much at any time. I want to get any engine mods done before end of June to optimize the uprev tune.... So many very nice toys and so little funds....ughhhh
Old 05-27-2015, 11:53 AM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
What made you go for exoticspeed over fast intentions, Z1, berk technology, etc?
Old 05-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Scott B.

I had an opportunity to purchase these locally at a decent price, plus no shipping !! Before I purchased , I actually called ExoticSpeed to give me some info in fit on my X sedan as the awd seems to be an issue for exhaust and hfc's. Some other items as well...ugh. I am in central Canada so the awd just made sense due to winters, this is my daily driver. I can post pics of them but they look awesome and Canadian company so no high exchange rates.. Polished, welds look perfect apparently will fit perfectly on my awd G... The only thing I would have liked 200 cell count as these are 300 but reading out here... You would only need 200 if using a supercharger or turbo and the price I paid justified it.....
Attached Thumbnails Newbie lookin for more-image.jpg  

Last edited by Scott B.; 05-27-2015 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Add photo
Old 05-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Scott B.

Here is both HFC's cuz I couldn't put both pics in previous reply...ughhh
Attached Thumbnails Newbie lookin for more-image.jpg  
Old 05-27-2015, 06:25 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
That's pretty attractive in polished SS, although I suspect the heat from those cats will make quick work of that. And no bracket supports on the Exoticspeed, eh? Same problem as Fast Intentions.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:37 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
I'm seeing what I feel are decent gains with the Motordyne m370.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:40 PM
Scott B.

Thanks !! Ya they looked way better than i imagined and bigger too... 2.5" tubing and thick flanges. The polished finish is sweet and will accent my Ark exhaust well I think?? .... I know what you mean about the support brackets, my first choice would have been Berks becuz of the support brackets. But I figured no brackets were good enough for F.I. , Stillen, etc. and after seeing how well they were made ... Absolutely grabbed em..lol. I will do up a sound clip maybe over the weekend. I tracked my exhaust and should be here tomorrow?? Hopefully have it installed Friday. There is no sound clips with Ark and ExoticSpeed that I could find....
Old 05-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Scott B.

Hey RexHavoc.... Do you have a CBE and HFC's ?? I am on the borderline if I want to change out the plenum...from what I read, it only helps in the top end ?? I am totally all about torque.... 0- traffic court in 4 seconds ...lol.