G37 Sedan

Where do you put your cell phone while it's charging?

Old 02-22-2015, 10:13 PM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I use one of those sticky rubber pads. It sits on the edge of the dash right above the screen.
It works pretty well, actually.

Amazon.com: Jelly Sticky Pad by HandStands: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Jelly Sticky Pad by HandStands: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 02-22-2015, 10:46 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by South3rn
So, how come you run a GPS app in front of the G37 Nav? (Understand that I am new and have yet to even try the Nav....)
Google maps has real time traffic info for most streets. Everyone who runs Google maps helps add info to the traffic database.
If Google notices that 100 people in front of you are going 5mph, then the map is updated to show red which is bad traffic.
The following 2 users liked this post by G37Xtreme:
socketz67 (02-23-2015), South3rn (02-23-2015)
Old 02-23-2015, 05:39 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by South3rn
So, how come you run a GPS app in front of the G37 Nav? (Understand that I am new and have yet to even try the Nav....)
The Waze app not only warns of police ahead but also road hazards, pot holes, etc

Telcoman
The following users liked this post:
South3rn (02-23-2015)
Old 02-23-2015, 08:09 AM
tchoke

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
thanks for the idea of the mountek just purchased.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:48 AM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

Originally Posted by tchoke
thanks for the idea of the mountek just purchased.
I'm thinking of getting one also. Did you get the magnet type or clamp type? I have a pretty thick case and I wonder how well the magnet will grip, but it looks cleaner.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:11 AM
tchoke

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by smilinsteve
I'm thinking of getting one also. Did you get the magnet type or clamp type? I have a pretty thick case and I wonder how well the magnet will grip, but it looks cleaner.
got the cd mount at amazon
Old 02-23-2015, 11:47 AM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

Originally Posted by tchoke
got the cd mount at amazon
They are both CD mounts, but one holds your phone with a magnet and a metal piece you put on the back of the phone, the other one has the more traditional clamp that grabs the phone.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:00 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
They are both CD mounts, but one holds your phone with a magnet and a metal piece you put on the back of the phone, the other one has the more traditional clamp that grabs the phone.
I use the clamp style, but had to get one large enough for a Nexus 7 tablet in order to hold my Note 4 with case.

I have it all the way off to the left so it's not in the way. I do not have a charging cord that extends over there.

Also, placement of my mount has me wishing that Infiniti didn't tilt the whole steering column and gauges. Unlike my Maxima, which only tilted the steering column, my Infiniti bumps into my phone mount. I'd prefer to have it resting on top of the gauge cluster, but I can't as this cluster moves. It's not a big deal, I am less than a half inch above it, but would rather be on it.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:27 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
If you wish to use a CD slot style mount for a phone, I'd recommend one of the two below. I've used a lot of different mounts of these styles and these are among the best I've used and reviewed:

FYI - All links below point to Amazon.

Satechi Mount Satechi Mount

Exogear Exomount Exogear Exomount

If you wish to use a larger device like your Note 4 up to a full size iPad or Galaxy Tab, go with the ExoMount tablet version below:

Exogear Exomount Tablet Exogear Exomount Tablet
Old 02-23-2015, 12:55 PM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

Originally Posted by connoisseurr
If you wish to use a CD slot style mount for a phone, I'd recommend one of the two below. I've used a lot of different mounts of these styles and these are among the best I've used and reviewed:

FYI - All links below point to Amazon.

Satechi Mount

Exogear Exomount

If you wish to use a larger device like your Note 4 up to a full size iPad or Galaxy Tab, go with the ExoMount tablet version below:

Exogear Exomount Tablet
Have you tried the Mountek? The magnet attachment is something that your suggestions do not have. I'm wondering how well that works.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:12 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
This is what I use and works great for me
Name:  20150222_164851_zpss8r7cesn.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  251.6 KB

Kenu Airframe+ - Kenu
Old 02-23-2015, 02:54 PM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
This is what I use and works great for me

Kenu Airframe+ - Kenu
That's good to know. I wondered if those would slip down on a vent with vertical slats.

Definitely smaller and simpler than the CD slot type mounts.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:16 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Have you tried the Mountek? The magnet attachment is something that your suggestions do not have. I'm wondering how well that works.
Yes I have - however I personally don't wish to adhesive a metal plate to the back of my phone case. Also I'm sure a light nudge would make the phone go flying off the mount. I wouldn't have that.

That's good to know. I wondered if those would slip down on a vent with vertical slats.

Good recommendation by Zo - Kenu makes some great products. That vent mount is nice and sleek.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:36 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts

It works great for me even though my S4 is a bit on the heavier side since I use a zerolemon extended life, oversized, battery with their oversized otter box type case. It does does swing a little left to right on sharp turns but I attribute that to the weight of the battery.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:20 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 232 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
The Waze app not only warns of police ahead but also road hazards, pot holes, etc

Telcoman
I heard on the news the other day that police across the country are being encouraged by their management to post phony information on Waze, reducing its effectiveness.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where do you put your cell phone while it's charging?