Need help with rear Fortune Auto 500 shock/spring install

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 08:44 PM
P'sLPG

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm actually not feeling a 100% good about the order. Someone else said they wish they had the 8 inch spring too. What's the lowest it will go with the 8 inch? I should have asked and will probably call FA again

Originally Posted by jsampsell
Good to know you got enough info to feel good about your order. If I didn't drive 80-100 miles a day, I'd probably go down to 26.5 or even 26.25 like Brad. I see pictures of cars that look as good as his does and think I would love my car to look that good. But I just can't deal with that much low for so many miles each day. I like that I have the ability to adjust it for special occasions now though.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:05 PM
jsampsell

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by P'sLPG
I'm actually not feeling a 100% good about the order. Someone else said they wish they had the 8 inch spring too. What's the lowest it will go with the 8 inch? I should have asked and will probably call FA again
I never tested how low they could go. Sorry. When I saw it was lower than I wanted at max height, I didn't try anything else. It's too big of a purchase not to be 100% though so ask as many questions as you want man. I had a ride height goal in mind. What I care about is getting my ride height at close to the middle of the adjustment range just in case I needed or wanted to put it back up. I don't know what your goals are but maybe looking at it that way will help you make sure you get to feeling 100% good about it.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:22 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
I just placed my order. I went with Swift upgrade regular 7" height springs up front and 8" springs for the rear. 11k front and 8k rear spring rates with the extenders. Also ordered the SPC front and rear camber kits, Hotchkis sways, Whiteline rear end links and Cusco STB. Might as well get it all done at once. I'll be happy come spring. Now I need my brakes and tune. May go with an UpRev e-tune now.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:25 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Originally Posted by P'sLPG
If you want to be able to get close to stock height I'd call them and ask them to swap out the 7" rears for 8". Worst case you can always order higher rear springs and swap them later. Not big money for those, but maybe FA would let you swap them straight up if you only set the car down after install to check the height.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:29 PM
P'sLPG

Did they tell you what the lowering range was with the 8 inch rear springs? They told me 1.5-3 inches lower than stick with the normal 7 inch springs. I really have no clue what I should do so hopefully they gave you some more info

Originally Posted by Upscale Speed
I just placed my order. I went with Swift upgrade regular 7" height springs up front and 8" springs for the rear. 11k front and 8k rear spring rates with the extenders. Also ordered the SPC front and rear camber kits, Hotchkis sways, Whiteline rear end links and Cusco STB. Might as well get it all done at once. I'll be happy come spring. Now I need my brakes and tune. May go with an UpRev e-tune now.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:32 PM
P'sLPG

I don't necessarily want to be real close to stock heightbut maybe would be nice to be inch lower at max rather than 2 inches at max and still be capable of 3 inch drop

If you want to be able to get close to stock height I'd call them and ask them to swap out the 7" rears for 8". Worst case you can always order higher rear springs and swap them later. Not big money for those, but maybe FA would let you swap them straight up if you only set the car down after install to check the height.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:38 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

With the 8" it should be .5"-1" max at heights setting,. That would work perfect for me for the winter. In the summer I'll lower it 1.5" below stock and set the camber. If max ride height is still too high for the winter I'll just order 9" springs and see how that flies. at 9" I'll have to max out the rear shocks ride height too, but I'm betting it will work.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:40 PM
jsampsell

Damn...nice man.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:44 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
With the 8" it should be .5"-1" max at heights setting,. That would work perfect for me for the winter. In the summer I'll lower it 1.5" below stock and set the camber. If max ride height is still too high for the winter I'll just order 9" springs and see how that flies. at 9" I'll have to max out the rear shocks ride height too, but I'm betting it will work.
Yeah, it's not a bad look at all if the rear is higher up, the raked look can add some aggression to the overall stance, and a higher rear helps quite a bit when backing down steep drives. Look forward to seeing this all come together, should post up a thread in the "build thread" folder
Old 02-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Yeah, it's not a bad look at all if the rear is higher up, the raked look can add some aggression to the overall stance, and a higher rear helps quite a bit when backing down steep drives. Look forward to seeing this all come together, should post up a thread in the "build thread" folder
I have a thread in the build thread going already. Lots of stuff to do to get my car exactly where I want it.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:23 PM
jsampsell

I have not received my 8" springs yet. They are shipping straight from Swift in California today since FA doesn't keep them in stock. I'm not sure when to expect them yet since I have not received any tracking information on them. I would hope to have them before the weekend but I don't know.

I thought I'd post some updated pictures of the max ride height on my car. The height isn't bad but it is still just a bit lower than I intended. Plus, if the springs settle any then I'm definitely going to be lower than I want. This is just for reference purposes. To show a better picture of what the height is like.

Name:  IMG_5014_zpskga9mvm8.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  101.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5015_zpsurylix7f.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  100.0 KB
Old 02-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Furlow

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by jsampsell
I have not received my 8" springs yet. They are shipping straight from Swift in California today since FA doesn't keep them in stock. I'm not sure when to expect them yet since I have not received any tracking information on them. I would hope to have them before the weekend but I don't know.

I thought I'd post some updated pictures of the max ride height on my car. The height isn't bad but it is still just a bit lower than I intended. Plus, if the springs settle any then I'm definitely going to be lower than I want. This is just for reference purposes. To show a better picture of what the height is like.

This looks damn near perfect to me, but I appreciate your passionate approach for what you want. Have you thought about thicker rear bushings? Rochester on here is trying that with his. He has Swifts and doesn't like the rear sag.

Personally I think it's the stock shocks. I have the Swifts but I also installed the Koni's and it came out perfect (in my opinion).

Name:  IMG_20141123_133302_468.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  63.6 KB
Name:  IMG_20141219_130614_983.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  62.0 KB
Old 02-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Furlow, it's not the shocks. He's on Coilovers with Swift springs, and has too short of a spring.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Arrogant

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Wait a second, are you on 20's or 19's? What is the profile of that tire? I am glad this thread is here, that pic is way too low for me for max height. This is really really good to know as I will pull the trigger on F500's this month.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:47 PM
P'sLPG

Yeah I'm thinking I need to call FA back and have them switch the rear spring to the 8 inch instead of the 7 inch. Why wouldn't the front need to be bigger as well? I'm thinking 2 inches lower than stock at max setting(even though I was told 1.5) is way too low also. I feel like the skid plate up front would scrape everthing.

Quick Reply: Need help with rear Fortune Auto 500 shock/spring install