Need help with rear Fortune Auto 500 shock/spring install

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 10:19 PM
P'sLPG

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I ordered mine jan 30th and Luke said they usually get them out in 2 weeks. I thought they had everything figured out but now I'm wondering if I need to call and tell them to send the different size springs also.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:23 PM
jsampsell

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by P'sLPG
So jethro and the others that had no problems. They had the 8" from the beginning?
Good question. I don't know for sure. Jethro is running his lower than I want to so if that's what he wanted then he may not have even questioned it. Would be interesting to find out though.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:26 PM
P'sLPG

Fortune auto told me it was an inch lower than stock at the highest setting. And you couldn't get it there?
Old 02-09-2015, 10:35 PM
jsampsell

Fortune auto told me it was an inch lower than stock at the highest setting. And you couldn't get it there?
My stock ride height was 28.5. The springs that were sent to me, when installed at max ride height, made the car sit at 26.5. That's 2" right there. At max. So, technically, I could have gone lower. I wanted to go higher so the only way I know how to get higher is to have a taller spring. I hope that gets me what I'm after.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:59 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
My G Sedan is 26.25" all four corners, but different coilovers, just a pic to show you what 26.25 all around will look like

The following users liked this post:
Upscale Speed (02-10-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 07:38 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Great info in here I may call FA myself. I'm sitting lower than Brad at max height in the rear on the 7 inch Swifts.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:55 AM
P'sLPG

Before I purchased these I read all the reviews and talked to fortune a couple times and they said the ride height is about an inch lower at max setting. Are you saying this isn't true? Ride height at max setting is 2 inches lower than stock?

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Great info in here I may call FA myself. I'm sitting lower than Brad at max height in the rear on the 7 inch Swifts.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:31 PM
jsampsell

Before I purchased these I read all the reviews and talked to fortune a couple times and they said the ride height is about an inch lower at max setting. Are you saying this isn't true? Ride height at max setting is 2 inches lower than stock?
With the fact that there are different spring heights available, I'm certain that one of the lengths allows for the one inch lower than stock at maximum ride height. But what I was sent produced a two inch drop at max ride height. It's possible that I was just sent the wrong length springs to begin with by mistake. If others have not specified a spring height when they ordered and theirs came out with more adjustability, then maybe they were sent taller springs than me. I won't contradict what FA told you. Because they may have told you the correct information. All I can tell you is what my experience was. That doesn't mean everyone will have the same experience as me. Actually, unless really low is your goal, I hope that it was just an honest mistake so that nobody else has to deal with it. The good thing about this discussion is that it could help people in the future who want to buy this setup. They'll at least be equipped with information that they could discuss with FA ahead of time in order to make sure they get what they really want. It sucks that it happened to me but I'll be happy in the end, I'm sure.
Baby Jumpman (02-10-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 12:45 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
What is the range of the coil overs? If someone wanted a max height of stock, and a max drop of 2" is that possible?
Old 02-10-2015, 12:55 PM
jsampsell

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
What is the range of the coil overs? If someone wanted a max height of stock, and a max drop of 2" is that possible?
I don't know what the range is for the front coilovers. I couldn't find that information on the internet anywhere. I also haven't asked FA directly about that. There "should" be enough room for stock height and down two inches but I didn't have any problems with the fronts so I haven't needed to test the minimum and maximum height. Somebody will need to call FA to get that information, I suspect. If they call me back about the longer springs today, I'll see if I can get that info.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
My G Sedan is 26.25" all four corners, but different coilovers, just a pic to show you what 26.25 all around will look like

What size wheels and tires are you running in the rear again? Do you rub at all? Your car looks awesome by the way!
blnewt (02-10-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 04:18 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Upscale Speed
What size wheels and tires are you running in the rear again? Do you rub at all? Your car looks awesome by the way!
Thanks!
My setup is 20x8.5 +40 front on 245/35/20 and the rear is 20x10 +45 on 295/30/20 and no rubbing, I initially rubbed a bit on the "felt" fender liner under heavy compression but I guess I rubbed enough out that it's no longer an issue
Old 02-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Thanks!
My setup is 20x8.5 +40 front on 245/35/20 and the rear is 20x10 +45 on 295/30/20 and no rubbing, I initially rubbed a bit on the "felt" fender liner under heavy compression but I guess I rubbed enough out that it's no longer an issue
295's are wide. Can't wait for spring here. So much snow here I think spring will be coming later this year.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:06 PM
P'sLPG

I just got off the phone with FA and they said the range is 1.5-3 inches and if you want it to be closer to stock you will need the longer spring. It just depends on what you want I guess. I told them to go ahead with my normal order that they had. I feel that 2 inch drop I shouldn't have to worry too much about scraping atleast that's what I hear from the other guys in the forum.

Originally Posted by jsampsell
I don't know what the range is for the front coilovers. I couldn't find that information on the internet anywhere. I also haven't asked FA directly about that. There "should" be enough room for stock height and down two inches but I didn't have any problems with the fronts so I haven't needed to test the minimum and maximum height. Somebody will need to call FA to get that information, I suspect. If they call me back about the longer springs today, I'll see if I can get that info.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:35 PM
jsampsell

I just got off the phone with FA and they said the range is 1.5-3 inches and if you want it to be closer to stock you will need the longer spring. It just depends on what you want I guess. I told them to go ahead with my normal order that they had. I feel that 2 inch drop I shouldn't have to worry too much about scraping atleast that's what I hear from the other guys in the forum.
Good to know you got enough info to feel good about your order. If I didn't drive 80-100 miles a day, I'd probably go down to 26.5 or even 26.25 like Brad. I see pictures of cars that look as good as his does and think I would love my car to look that good. But I just can't deal with that much low for so many miles each day. I like that I have the ability to adjust it for special occasions now though.

Quick Reply: Need help with rear Fortune Auto 500 shock/spring install