76.47%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

2015 G37 Sedan Meet-up (August 29) Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 11:00 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Something has me doubting we'd have as many people showing up this year as last, and I have no issues with opening this up to Coupe owners.

I still prefer to address this as a Sedan Meet, but the Coupes are very much the same car, so...

2-cents
Old 01-20-2015, 11:04 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Something has me doubting we'd have as many people showing up this year as last, and I have no issues with opening this up to Coupe owners.

2-cents
I'd personally love to come, but I won't be able to. You know that look your family gives you when you put your summer wheels and tires in the living room and stare at them in awe? My family would likewise think I was a little off my rocker if I drove several hours to hang out with a group of Infiniti owners

They just don't get it.

Now if it was a summer meet...there's a chance we'd be passing through the area as our summer vacation this year will either be Charleston SC or Ocean City MD...the latter of the two would likely put me in the area of the meet.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:45 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
It's an easy drive, Kirk and I did it last year. 14 / 15 hours no sweat. This year Rochester is going to come to Memphis he just hasn't committed yet.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:55 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
It's an easy drive, Kirk and I did it last year. 14 / 15 hours no sweat.
It's difficult to sweat when it rained the entire way there...

This year Rochester is going to come to Memphis he just hasn't committed yet.
He's playing hard to get...
Old 01-20-2015, 10:19 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
A trip down to NC/TN might be a good destination. Can drive some famous roads while down there, get your picture taken, etc..
Old 01-20-2015, 10:33 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jsolo
A trip down to NC/TN might be a good destination. Can drive some famous roads while down there, get your picture taken, etc..
That's the spirit! (Gotta be careful though, MPD takes my picture all the time. Costs me $50 every time)
Kirk and I may have a two sedan mid-south meet during ZCON in Memphis. Hoping to get Rochester, blnewt and connor down here for that.

But back to the May meet. I'll try and move around the Orlando trip. If I cut it short I should have a few days vacation I can use. I was going to try and get tuned around the meet but I don't know if I can extend enough time to hit CT as well we'll see.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:35 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
In to see where you guys pick as a destination.

I'm east coast'ish and might be interested. Like Rochester I'd probably want to stay within 4-5 hours one way....
Old 01-21-2015, 08:19 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Like Rochester I'd probably want to stay within 4-5 hours one way....
That's really the problem. What I did last year was start collecting geographic locations for members who really wanted to go, then tried to triangulate an equitable distance for everyone. That's how we ended up outside of Wilkes-Barre, PA. There were a number of guys coming from NJ, MA and NYC.

The snag in that math was Chris and Kirk... driving all the way from Memphis and Lexington respectively. However, both of them are very comfortable with long road trips, and they were meeting up for the drive to PA.

If I were to drive alongside one or two cars, a day-long road trip would be lots of fun. But by yourself, to attend a small car meet-up, it can get old quick.

Connor, start keeping a list of members and their locations. Get familiar with mapping software.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:39 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
That's really the problem. What I did last year was start collecting geographic locations for members who really wanted to go, then tried to triangulate an equitable distance for everyone. That's how we ended up outside of Wilkes-Barre, PA. There were a number of guys coming from NJ, MA and NYC.

The snag in that math was Chris and Kirk... driving all the way from Memphis and Lexington respectively. However, both of them are very comfortable with long road trips, and they were meeting up for the drive to PA.

If I were to drive alongside one or two cars, a day-long road trip would be lots of fun. But by yourself, to attend a small car meet-up, it can get old quick.

Connor, start keeping a list of members and their locations. Get familiar with mapping software.

It's not so much the drive time, it's how much good will equity I'd have to cash in with the wifey. Good will equity that could otherwise used for mods

Still, I'm in to see where you guys end up
Old 01-21-2015, 08:44 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Kirk may feel differently but we may need to be kept out of the equation for planning since we're outliers and would likely throw off any triangulation. Though if by including us you wound up in Ohio that would be kinda cool... That aside, I can't commit right now but will be monitoring to see where it winds and hope to be an active member of the peanut gallery.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:48 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Though if by including us you wound up in Ohio that would be kinda cool...
Cleveland is a straight highway shot for me right down the south side of Lake Erie. I've done that a number of times before.

Columbus or Cincinnati... er-r-r.

Kirk may feel differently
Oh, I suspect he does. Given all that he's done to his car since the last meet-up, I bet he's pretty motivated to show it off. He'd certainly be the only car there with a Meisterschaft exhaust. And truth be told, I'd like to hear that in person.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:50 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Kirk may feel differently but we may need to be kept out of the equation for planning since we're outliers and would likely throw off any triangulation. Though if by including us you wound up in Ohio that would be kinda cool... That aside, I can't commit right now but will be monitoring to see where it winds and hope to be an active member of the peanut gallery.
Nope, completely agree. I'd like to go and may still, but can't commit till the details come together and I don't feel like it would be fair for our word to throw a vote one way or the other. It would be a long drive for us either way. Worst case scenario we have the ZCON meet.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:24 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Oh, I suspect he does. Given all that he's done to his car since the last meet-up, I bet he's pretty motivated to show it off. He'd certainly be the only car there with a Meisterschaft exhaust. And truth be told, I'd like to hear that in person.
I'd love to, trust me, no one in KY really appreciates our cars like the we do. I don't want the fact that we have to drive 14+ hours to depict the location of the meet up. Even if Chris couldn't make it I may still try to come, or at least guilt him in to going.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:37 AM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
Look forward to this years meet and just need to know the exact day and location. Pretty sure Mike would want to be there as well to show off his lights!
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (01-22-2015)
Old 01-21-2015, 06:06 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
All who are available to make that mid-May date I mentioned above, please PM me your zip code and I will start to track some data on a good center point. Not everyone has their location set in their MyG37 profile so that makes it a bit difficult to track.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2015 G37 Sedan Meet-up (August 29) Chat Thread