76.47%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

2015 G37 Sedan Meet-up (August 29) Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 08:29 AM
PG-v36_6MT

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Yes!!!! I have been twice and the last time was this past May Unforgettable experience, I even have a short 3-4 min video of the run, get some suspension upgrades before you go, sway bars for sure!
Love your ride! We're almost like twins.

I'm running RS-R Sports-i coilovers with Eibach Sways with Moonface Front Swaybar endlinks and Whiteline Rear swaybar endlinks and relatively sticky Conti ExtremeContact DW rubber. Hopefully, that should be good enough.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:14 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
The Tail of the Dragon looks like fun.

I think to do it justice I'm going to need a BBK...maybe flappy paddles as well. While with the AT I can brake the motor, via the shifter, I'd like both hands on the wheel and some real stopping power. My suspension set-up should be fine.

Sean
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (09-03-2015)
Old 09-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by PG-v36_6MT
Love your ride! We're almost like twins.

I'm running RS-R Sports-i coilovers with Eibach Sways with Moonface Front Swaybar endlinks and Whiteline Rear swaybar endlinks and relatively sticky Conti ExtremeContact DW rubber. Hopefully, that should be good enough.
Thank you!

I see your suspension is looking a bit better than mine with those premium coilovers, and you've got a nice package there yourself, you should be good although Michelin PSS at all four corners could make that even better.

What is that I'm seeing, moonface front swaybar endlinks?!!! Details please!!!!! I thought only SPL made those for our cars and they're like $300, I do have the rear Whiteline endlinks for my hotchkis swaybars but I'm missing the fronts, so if you could please PM me with more info or just share it here!

And post some pics of your ride!

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 09-01-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:58 AM
04G35NYC
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Damn i would so do this if it wasn't so damn far. Anyone looking for invidia exhaust by any chnace?
Old 09-01-2015, 12:13 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by 04G35NYC
Damn i would so do this if it wasn't so damn far. Anyone looking for invidia exhaust by any chnace?
  1. You already missed the event
  2. We had two members from Rochester, NY and Brooklyn, NY
  3. Link to the Classifieds
Old 09-01-2015, 12:24 PM
PG-v36_6MT

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts
Thank you!

I see your suspension is looking a bit better than mine with those premium coilovers, and you've got a nice package there yourself, you should be good although Michelin PSS at all four corners could make that even better.

What is that I'm seeing, moonface front swaybar endlinks?!!! Details please!!!!! I thought only SPL made those for our cars and they're like $300, I do have the rear Whiteline endlinks for my hotchkis swaybars but I'm missing the fronts, so if you could please PM me with more info or just share it here!

And post some pics of your ride!
The Moonface front swaybar endlinks cost a pretty penny, but they're the only adjustable ones I know of for the V36 chassis that uses a traditional sealed ball joint. I bought mine from more-japan. Here's the link: Moonface Adjustable Swaybar-Link for G37 (V36), 370Z (Z34) - Front

Please note that the pic on the site isn't the actual endlink; as you're probably aware, the endlinks for our cars will have a much longer bolt on one end to pass through the lower control arm and shock bushing.

The SPL endlinks are beautiful pieces too, but they use Heim Joints which, after doing some research, are subject to making noise. That might be fine for a track car, but for a street driven DD that was essentially a deal breaker for me.
Mik3G37S (09-03-2015)
Old 09-01-2015, 12:27 PM
pledes23
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by connoisseurr
  1. You already missed the event
  2. We had two members from Rochester, NY and Brooklyn, NY
  3. Link to the Classifieds
3 members, Westchester County, NY
Old 09-01-2015, 04:27 PM
NYTEG37
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
That's Connor's Coupe... his mirrors are black, like his roof.
Nah...I was answering the question PG-v36_6MT asked about if you can tell what's different from his car than everyone else's that's you can tell the year of it. His mirrors are shaped differently.

ok...I can see now that you guys have figured that out now.
uuuuuhhhh...I should have caught up on the thread first. lol

Last edited by NYTEG37; 09-01-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:20 PM
NYTEG37
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 04G35NYC
I'm interested.

PM me the particulars.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:28 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Someone at the meet-up had a BBK where the rotor top-hats were all corroded. Who was it, and what's up with that? In comparison, my rotors are all original, and no rust. And that's with Upstate NY winters, where the roads are heavily salted.

I'm asking because if those are aftermarket rotors, it would be good to know which ones. The general consensus on the forum is that StopTech is the go-to for replacement rotors. But if those are StopTechs, and they rust out, then no bueno.
Looks like you guys had an awesome meet this past weekend. Wish I still lived out on the East Coast (not really ;-) so I could participate.

Not to thread jack, but I just wanted to add my two cents regarding brake rotor options. If you haven't looked at the Racing Brake 2-Pc rotors yet that I would at least give them a look. I live very close to Racing Brake out here in SoCal and helped them with the development of these rotors (see the threads over on the G35Driver forum) and they did all of the measurements and test fitting on my car, so I have had these on my car for quite some time and they have help up VERY well. They have coated aluminum hats so not only will this help resist corrosion, but they are also very lightweight. The fronts themselves reduce unspring weight by almost 10lbs per corner! The rear save you around 4 lbs per corner. They also have a patented open slot design which allows for increased cooling area and also helps keeps the slots from getting clogged by creating a vacuum effect through the vanes and from experience with the rotor it seems to work very well. The only real drawback to these rotors is the cost.. they are not cheap. Here's a link for more info.
Two-piece rotor (Open Slot) - 370Z (Sport) FRONT 2009
http://www.racingbrake.com/370Z-Spor...-11-p/2134.htm
Disc Surface Finish - RacingBrake.com
Old 09-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
$2000 in rotors alone isn't something I can rationalize, no matter the awesomeness. But thanks for the info.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:08 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
BRP - Blue Ridge Parkway. The southern end starts somewhere in NC - https://goo.gl/maps/Saf2u , not far from where you were. Goes on for 475 miles north east. The southern 50-75 miles of it are the most technical with significant corners and elevation changes. Hit on a good day it's just as exciting as the dragon without the traffic or enforcement.

Professional or not, due to the way the bike leans, even if the wheels are physically in the correct lane, the upper body and head can still cross over the invisible vertical line and be in the other lane. This concept was instilled years ago by a fellow rider who had much more seat time than I at the time. It's easy to focus on the lines only on these roads and forget you're still on a public road.

Unfortunately I didn't get to hit TN28 and not sure what BRP stands for, but Foothills Parkway was quite nice on the way there from our cabin in Pigeon Forge.

Yes it certainly looks like he was begging for his head to be taken off but trust me he was a professional, he rides there all day probably every other day must have been a local seeing how incredibly fast he was gone from our sights was just unbelievable and I wasn't going slow either.. I guess I am guilty of cutting one turn but that was when I knew it was clear as I had my buddy co-piloting me when I couldn't see certain angles from my position and he could see more and also saw the photographers on that curve so I wanted to take that turn as quick for a nice picture or a few. All the other times I was in my lane except this one time where I knew I was good, so just incase anybody decides for negative comments, no need for that
Mik3G37S (09-03-2015)
Old 09-02-2015, 05:03 PM
Motoboat

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Someone at the meet-up had a BBK where the rotor top-hats were all corroded. Who was it, and what's up with that? In comparison, my rotors are all original, and no rust. And that's with Upstate NY winters, where the roads are heavily salted.

I'm asking because if those are aftermarket rotors, it would be good to know which ones. The general consensus on the forum is that StopTech is the go-to for replacement rotors. But if those are StopTechs, and they rust out, then no bueno.
Well if I could have made it you could have checked out mine. I havee had stoptechs on for a year now and they held up pretty through a northeast winter. I'd recommend them or the 2 piece fronts from z1 seem appealing for the price (can't vouch for longevity on those though)
Old 09-02-2015, 07:28 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Originally Posted by Motoboat
Well if I could have made it you could have checked out mine.
Why weren't you there anyway?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Motoboat

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Why weren't you there anyway?
I didn't have a car, well one that would make it out there. I had been having trouble and found out one of my HFC bit the dust. Just got the stock ones back on yesterday. Seems good so far, butt dyno says so too. It sounds and drives better now, I guess it had happened so gradually I didn't even notice how much rattle it really was making. Can't post a pic now, but over in the engine section I started a thread when I was trouble shooting, you can see how the material inside just started to disintegrate...only about 20k on them too.

Quick Reply: 2015 G37 Sedan Meet-up (August 29) Chat Thread