76.47%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

2015 G37 Sedan Meet-up (August 29) Chat Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 11:07 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Don't be a bully, John.

We are currently at 11 members and 6 guests.

Updated list below. For the few that are still listed as flexible, we can add some additional bags of chips or grill items. I know the few of us who are bringing grill items will need to stay cool. I'll have a cooler and will grab some extra ice when we're close to the park. If we could get an extra cooler and ice for drinks, that would be great.

Last edited by connoisseurr; 08-28-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,569 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
Don't be a bully, John.
Aw, heck.

Someone has to step up and play the role of immature old man. Are you questioning my qualifications?

On topic for an uncharacteristic moment, the weather is awesome for this event. I must say, I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning. Figure to be leaving at 8:00 AM and arriving some time after Noon. And I'm excited to see your new Coupe, Connor.

Someone should bring a boombox. Preferably one that only plays STYX or Neil Diamond.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:35 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Aw, heck.

Someone has to step up and play the role of immature old man. Are you questioning my qualifications?

On topic for an uncharacteristic moment, the weather is awesome for this event. I must say, I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning. Figure to be leaving at 8:00 AM and arriving some time after Noon. And I'm excited to see your new Coupe, Connor.

Someone should bring a boombox. Preferably one that only plays STYX or Neil Diamond.
I kid, I kid - you bring the humor we need to the forums

I'm convoying with PG-v36 from the NoVA area. We should arrive around 11:00am. That will give us plenty of time to get checked in and scope out the area. I will also bring my Bluetooth speaker and a backup as well.

Nothing exciting on my coupe as of yet - just lowered and an exhaust. It's been sitting the past few months as I've been on frequent int'l travel. The coupe will be a garage project this winter. And if any of you comment the absolutely hideous 3M front bumper wrap or the roof vinyl wrap by the previous owner, I'll put a nail in your tires
Old 08-28-2015, 03:11 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

A few notes for everyone who is driving in tomorrow. I suggest you STUDY google maps and the surround areas. In order to get where we are holding the event (Pavilion #3) you'll need to drive around the park to the correct Pavilion.

Rochester made a great point that the address provided in the OP directs to you the park office which is where you DON'T need to be going. Please reference the image below. It is suggested that you attempt to target the church or the house highlighted in lime green. I was unable to find an address of the house, however if any of you are Google Maps users, you can target almost anything and it will get you there.

The address of the Church is:

Canoe Creek Brethren in Christ
Beaver Dam Rd
Hollidaysburg, PA 16648

Again, load up that address on your own Google Maps device and become familiar with the area. I will be forwarding a link to the spreadsheet to everyone via PM this evening. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:12 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Lastly, I forgot to add this in an earlier post:

Can someone bring condiments for burgers and dogs? Looking for Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo and BBQ sauce. Anything else you'd like to bring, go for it. I'll have lettuce and onions for the burgers. Maybe bacon - we'll see.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:08 PM
Rochester
Administrator

If anyone is relying on their car's built-in Navigation System (like me), you might discover some awkwardness defining a destination for this trip. Of if you're like me, some goddamn &**^$%(*# serious frustration.

Anyway... (deep breath), I've figured out an alternative. The on-board Nav System will accept the following address:

3771 Birmingham Pike, Alexandria, PA 16611

...which is a house just before Rt 22. If you drive South on Rt 22 from that point about 12 miles, you'll get to a bend in the road with Flowing Springs Road first in the bend, and then Beaver Dam Road around the bend. Either way, you turn into Beaver Dam road (Flowing Springs works too). Drive North just a few blocks on Beaver Dam Road, then turn into the Park, where our event is located.

Wow. We are seriously in the sticks, folks.

Here's a large image from that point to Pavilion #3. Note the red line, not the blue one:

And here's a zoomed in image from where you turn off Rt 22:

Old 08-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Upser88
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will get the condiments
Old 08-28-2015, 04:55 PM
Falker11
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
If anyone is relying on their car's built-in Navigation System (like me), you might discover some awkwardness defining a destination for this trip. Of if you're like me, some goddamn &**^$%(*# serious frustration.
Good advice here but remember you can always manually move the pointer to the location you want to nav to. So once you find an address in the area, or in my case I just put in beaver dam road, you can choose to 'move location' prior to 'start route'. Then move the pointer to the intersection of beaver dam road and that unknown street that goes to our pavilion.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Falker11
Good advice here but remember you can always manually move the pointer to the location you want to nav to. So once you find an address in the area, or in my case I just put in beaver dam road, you can choose to 'move location' prior to 'start route'. Then move the pointer to the intersection of beaver dam road and that unknown street that goes to our pavilion.

I didn't know that. Thanks. I almost never use my Nav system. I suspect there's more about it that I don't know than I do.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Baby Jumpman
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
Sigh I know it's very last minute but I can't make it tomorrow. Unfortunately my car isn't riding right since getting it back from the dealership. Sorry for the inconvenience it may cause. With that being said someone please step up and bring the items I was supposed to bring. I will still PayPal the $20 connoisseurr so shoot me a message with your PayPal email when you can.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:58 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Sorry you couldn't join us today. Hopefully will see you next year if we have a meet. I'll PM you tomorrow.

Doublea88 had a family emergency and couldn't make it today.

Can anyone pickup some flatware and a case of water? I meant to grab an extra one but forgot while at the store.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:25 AM
pledes23
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Hey guys
I got held up but I'm on my way.
Should be there in like 3hours.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:29 AM
NYTEG37
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
Sorry you couldn't join us today. Hopefully will see you next year if we have a meet. I'll PM you tomorrow.

Doublea88 had a family emergency and couldn't make it today.

Can anyone pickup some flatware and a case of water? I meant to grab an extra one but forgot while at the store.
I'll try to find a supermarket in the area and pick up the extra stuff.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:40 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by NYTEG37
I'll try to find a supermarket in the area and pick up the extra stuff.
I snagged a case of water. Flatware should be good, along with another case of water.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:27 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I just remembered... We owe Conner money for pavilion rental. Connor... Paypal?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 G37 Sedan Meet-up (August 29) Chat Thread