Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Just installed my Diode Dynamics Interior LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 06:09 PM
ckopacz

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just installed my Diode Dynamics Interior LEDs

I was looking for an inexpensive visual mod for my G37XS and found these suggested many times on this forum. I have a blue slate, so I ordered all blue for the map, vanity, glove box, rear, doors, and trunk. everything works great, but that it a LOT of blue. I think i may be exchanging them for the white ones, at least the vanity and map ones anyways. the doors, trunk, and glove box doesnt really matter, but if im driving at night and need a quick light for whatever reason, Im not sure how much the blue will help.

I'll give it a day or two to see if it grows on me. Keep ya all posted. Just curious if anyone else has the blue and what they think of it?

ps. dont criticize too much, first thread post here.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:25 PM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
It would help to post pics of how it looks, don't know if i would like blue for my interior bulbs.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:29 PM
brianf23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get white LED's for the entire interior, looks much cleaner. & white LED's for the license plate as well.

Disclosure: LED's on the license plate dont add horsepower, but they do look cool
Old 01-16-2015, 08:04 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ckopacz
I was looking for an inexpensive visual mod for my G37XS and found these suggested many times on this forum. I have a blue slate, so I ordered all blue for the map, vanity, glove box, rear, doors, and trunk. everything works great, but that it a LOT of blue. I think i may be exchanging them for the white ones, at least the vanity and map ones anyways. the doors, trunk, and glove box doesnt really matter, but if im driving at night and need a quick light for whatever reason, Im not sure how much the blue will help.

I'll give it a day or two to see if it grows on me. Keep ya all posted. Just curious if anyone else has the blue and what they think of it?

avoid Diode at all cost, in my experience one bulb goes out they never replace it - i dont know what business they are in
Old 01-16-2015, 09:57 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts

I went red in the map, front doors and vanity, white for the rear doors and amber for the plate. I like the red as its easier on my eye adjustment at night.

Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST
avoid Diode at all cost, in my experience one bulb goes out they never replace it - i dont know what business they are in
They've been great with me. Super responsive, quick advance shipping and RMA information. If anything I would way that's the way customer service should be handled.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:20 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
I have the cool white ones in my G and I like them a lot. I'd recommend them.

Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST

They replaced mine that burned out with no issues.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:49 PM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
What stage blue did you get for your map lights? I went with stage 2 interior blue, and stage 1 white for the vanity lights. The map light, though blue, provide plenty of light. I'll also be ordering the clear map buttons from the GTR as well.

Trending Topics

Old 01-17-2015, 12:13 AM
G37xhibeet

Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen
Old 01-17-2015, 12:22 AM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
Yea i can also vouch for diode for their amazing customer service and quickly resolved my issue with a bulb that was defective. Provide pics of your lights if you can.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:28 AM
ckopacz

Pictures

Name:  IMG_2362_zpsa07c3f15.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  43.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2366_zps6e7c64e4.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  40.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2365_zps6d12258f.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  40.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2363_zpsd322bf3e.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  34.8 KB

Sorry for daytime pictures. will get better ones tonight. and as far as which stage, I just clicked blue and the first bulb available.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:41 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
I didn't get mine from diode, but I have swapped all my lights with white led. It's nice. My doors however got the projectors, and I've been meaning to take out the Panthers logo now that the season is over. I think I'll go the Infiniti logo, hopefully this weekend.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:20 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Sorry for daytime pictures. will get better ones tonight. and as far as which stage, I just clicked blue and the first bulb available.
It might be pretty, and for lots of people that's a win.

However, just like you were wondering in your post, if you ever look to getting practical use out of those bulbs at night... good luck. Even bright-white LED's are weird at night, IMO. Warm white is the way to go for things like map lights.

I suspect you'll keep the blue in the doors and the dome, but swap functional white bulbs back into the map and visor lights.

LOL. Man up. Welcome to the forum.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:22 AM
ckopacz

Originally Posted by Rochester
It might be pretty, and for lots of people that's a win.

I suspect you'll keep the blue in the doors and the dome, but swap functional white bulbs back into the map and visor lights.

LOL. Man up. Welcome to the forum.
Chances are thats whats going to happen. Ill decide tonight when I take it out for a cruise, testing it out.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:34 AM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
The HP3 LEDs are the stage 2 ones. From what I read, the ones you picked up were on par, or slightly dimmer than stock. Being the HP3 is slightly brighter than stock, you can see in my post below, why they provide good lighting.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ml#post3854919

Last edited by Dj1ofDet; 01-17-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Jays
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've installed stage 2 cool white LEDs from DD and I love them. Way better than the stock bulbs. Although the blue seems nice, it just isn't as practical as the white or stock bulbs. But if you like them, then who cares?

Quick Reply: Just installed my Diode Dynamics Interior LEDs