Views: 243
Size:  34.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2375_zpsc9b02d85.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  33.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2377_zpsc2e850c9.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  38.7 KB

I like the look of the blue tint in the interior. And as rarely as I use the map lights and vanity lights, I'm not sure its worth the hassle of exchanging them for the white ones... aw well.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:52 AM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Just grab yourself a set of white vanity lights on your next order from them. It will only set you back a few dollars, and you will gain some function back.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:59 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,569 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Originally Posted by Dj1ofDet
Just grab yourself a set of white vanity lights on your next order from them. It will only set you back a few dollars, and you will gain some function back.
+1

The next time the OP has a woman in the car will be the last time he has blue LED bulbs in the vanity lights.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
Jethro (01-19-2015), roxx (01-18-2015)
Old 01-18-2015, 10:56 AM
roxx

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
What is the Cool White set up would you guys recommend in terms of the light level (amount of lumens)? I want it pretty bright but nothing obnoxious... Thanks!
Old 01-18-2015, 04:35 PM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
+1

The next time the OP has a woman in the car will be the last time he has blue LED bulbs in the vanity lights.
I was thinking the same. My wife loves the stage 1 whites I put in there
Old 01-18-2015, 04:37 PM
cmackin

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by roxx
What is the Cool White set up would you guys recommend in terms of the light level (amount of lumens)? I want it pretty bright but nothing obnoxious... Thanks!
My setup in cool white:

HP3 bulbs for dome lights, door lights, rear lights.

Stage 2 for interior trunk light

Stage 1 for license plate lights

Stage 1 for vanity lights.

IMO it is the perfect amount of light in those places. I like the brighter interior light with stage 2, but I think any brighter would be irritating at night.

Vanity lights I went stage one because I don't want to blind myself at night looking in the mirror.

License plate lights I went stage one because IMO if it was any brighter it would take away from the tail lights at night. I didn't want a ton of white light spilling out everywhere. It gives it a classy look.

For the person above complaining about customer service, they sent me one warm white bulb instead of cool white. I sent an email with a picture showing the difference in color, along with my order number, and they sent out a new pair immediately. Great service.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

I used these descriptions from DD to help me decide.

Stage 1: slightly dimmer than stock
Stage 2: slightly brighter than stock
Stage 3: significantly brighter than stock.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:01 PM
cmackin

Stage 1 is brighter than stock in my experience, especially in license plate lights.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:13 PM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cmackin
Stage 1 is brighter than stock in my experience, especially in license plate lights.
I'm just a messenger.

"Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb:

SMD1: Slightly lower brightness than OEM bulbs, but still provides the crisp, modern color of LED.
SMD2: Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs.
HP3: Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright!
HP5: Nearly triple the brightness of stock OEM bulbs!"
The following users liked this post:
Vizard_87 (03-09-2015)
Old 01-18-2015, 11:36 PM
cmackin

Originally Posted by Dj1ofDet
I'm just a messenger.

"Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb:

SMD1: Slightly lower brightness than OEM bulbs, but still provides the crisp, modern color of LED.
SMD2: Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs.
HP3: Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright!
HP5: Nearly triple the brightness of stock OEM bulbs!"
I think when I ordered my bulbs the SMD2 was the lowest available. So this makes sense.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST
avoid Diode at all cost, in my experience one bulb goes out they never replace it - i dont know what business they are in
If you've had an issue with one of our products, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033 or send an email to our customer service team: contact@diodedynamics.com

We offer a 3-year limited warranty on our products, so if you had a bulb go out, getting a replacement is very simple procedure.

We are in the business of providing the highest-quality automotive lighting products for a fair price.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help

Nick C.
The following 2 users liked this post by Diode Dynamics:
Dj1ofDet (01-19-2015), RexHavoc (01-19-2015)
Old 01-19-2015, 10:52 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
If you've had an issue with one of our products, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033 or send an email to our customer service team: contact@diodedynamics.com

We offer a 3-year limited warranty on our products, so if you had a bulb go out, getting a replacement is very simple procedure.

We are in the business of providing the highest-quality automotive lighting products for a fair price.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help

Nick C.
I'm telling you, this is an example of customer service the way it oughta be.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:55 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
When I get my G back tomorrow I can try to take a picture of my set up to try to give you an idea. I think I did stage 2 on everything except the trunk and flood lights, which I did stage 3.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:30 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
I almost always recommend the second bulb model listed for every location, with the exception of the trunk since it's such a large amount of space.

Usually the 3rd option listed is the best for the trunk

Nick C.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:49 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
I almost always recommend the second bulb model listed for every location, with the exception of the trunk since it's such a large amount of space.

Usually the 3rd option listed is the best for the trunk

Nick C.
I would agree. I wen went stage 2 for everything but the map lights. The output is great as long as you have the G37 OEM lenses in as it softened and diffused the stage 3. Once I went to the GTR lenses the boards shone through a little too much for my liking which was due to the changes I made, not an issue with the lights.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just installed my Diode Dynamics Interior LEDs