Sponsored by:

Was sold a Infiniti Certified Pre-Owned, but it is NOT

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 05:38 PM
g37_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was sold a Infiniti Certified Pre-Owned, but it is NOT

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2012 G37xS what was listed on the Infiniti dealership website as a Infiniti Certified Pre-Owned. All listings on their website indicated that it was Infiniti CPO, but now I found it that it is not.

I still carries to regular full warranty but not Infiniti CPO.

What should I do about this?

thanks
Tom
Old 01-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
Return it or have them certify it
Old 01-16-2015, 06:14 PM
rob145
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah dude nuts to that. Cancel the contract or have them honor the CPO as was listed when you bought it.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:53 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I'm guessing that it doesn't say that the car is CPO anywhere in any of the paperwork you signed? If so, you may have a tough time. If you were indeed told explicitly that it was CPO, have a talk with the sales manager or general manager and explain the situation. It's possible that they'll inspect it and offer to give you the CPO warranty, but more likely they'll offer it to you at a discounted price for the misunderstanding.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:29 PM
Michael440

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Print that webpage were it says it's certified and ask them to certify it. If they refuse you can return this car and ask for money back. If you bought this car a few days ago you can return it.

Btw. Dealers do those kind of tricks. They put online that car is fully certified while it's actually not. Or listing the car as G37s while it's G37 journey.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:16 AM
roxx

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
That's pretty ****ty man, I'm sorry! My only suggestion would be get all your paperwork in a row before contacting the dealership. Try to find anything at all that they posted making the CPO claim, then explain what happened and if this was no accident and they try to give you a hard time have the paperwork on hand. If the paperwork doesn't turn the heat up enough for them to give you the certified status you probably either have to live with it or get legal.. I'm no lawyer, this is just how I'd handle the situation.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
The only paperwork or documentation that really matters legally is the signed contract. He can say the car was represented as a '62 Ferrari GTO 250, but if the contract states differently that's all that matters. If his sales agreement says CPO then it is Nd they'll honor the warranty. If not, his option is to try to convince the management that it was represented to him as CPO and he simply signed a contract without reading it and would they be willing to "do the right thing" and offer the warranty at no cost or deeply discounted.

Contracts differ in every state, but generally you can't simy change your mind and just tak it back after you've contracted a sale. There are short periods of a few days in some states. And some used car dealerships offer some longer satisfaction guarantees, buy it back programs, or options to get a different car if you're not happy.

Good luck.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:10 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Did you sign a White folder that had a 2 page check sheet? Thats the only thing that I recall that says it is certified. Now WE (our dealership) writes it out on the Buyers Guide and Purchase contract and we have customers sign and Initial those documents. So WE have 3 areas where it would say it is sold certified. But Other than the Check Sheet, I dont know what other dealers do.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:33 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Usually CPO is registered to a VIN so if that didn't happen they might have pulled a fast one.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:55 PM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
Did you sign a White folder that had a 2 page check sheet? Thats the only thing that I recall that says it is certified. Now WE (our dealership) writes it out on the Buyers Guide and Purchase contract and we have customers sign and Initial those documents. So WE have 3 areas where it would say it is sold certified. But Other than the Check Sheet, I dont know what other dealers do.
My contract specified the car as CPO in the vehicle description, it also had a CPO reference number listed as well. The window sticker stated CPO on the options list and the warranty window sticker stated CPO with the reg number listed.

The contract required my signature in several places including an initial by every listed service option offered with the car. I also had to sign a separate set of papers outlining the CPO program, listing what is covered and for how long.

Its a pretty long and involved process here in CA
Old 01-19-2015, 08:52 AM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Absinthe
My contract specified the car as CPO in the vehicle description, it also had a CPO reference number listed as well. The window sticker stated CPO on the options list and the warranty window sticker stated CPO with the reg number listed.

The contract required my signature in several places including an initial by every listed service option offered with the car. I also had to sign a separate set of papers outlining the CPO program, listing what is covered and for how long.

Its a pretty long and involved process here in CA
Yours is definitely certified then. Im not sure about OP.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:54 AM
AMai1215

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
How did you find out or what makes you think your car isn't a CPO? It seems to me if you signed and initialed all those papers (especially the one outlining the CPO) then it should be a CPO.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:36 AM
vqsmile

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by AMai1215
How did you find out or what makes you think your car isn't a CPO? It seems to me if you signed and initialed all those papers (especially the one outlining the CPO) then it should be a CPO.
The OP was not the one that posted that.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:14 PM
AMai1215

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
The OP was not the one that posted that.
Sorry, my bad...didn't see that the OP didn't post that.

OP: How do you know the car is not a CPO?
Old 01-20-2015, 03:09 AM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by AMai1215
Sorry, my bad...didn't see that the OP didn't post that.

OP: How do you know the car is not a CPO?
Probably no CPO warranty (6yr/100k)

Quick Reply: Was sold a Infiniti Certified Pre-Owned, but it is NOT