G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was sold a Infiniti Certified Pre-Owned, but it is NOT

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Furlow

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
I sold cars for a couple of years, here is your best bet...

Go into the dealership on a busy Saturday when there a lot of customers, and stand in the middle of the area where they are closing deals. Do not sit down and do not go into anyone's office. Talk just loud enough so that other customers can hear you. They will be afraid that your negativity will rub off on potential customers and ruin those sales, and you will get your way. This works pretty much every time (within reason of course).
The following users liked this post:
eljoker (01-20-2015)
Old 01-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Michael440

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Furlow
I sold cars for a couple of years, here is your best bet...

Go into the dealership on a busy Saturday when there a lot of customers, and stand in the middle of the area where they are closing deals. Do not sit down and do not go into anyone's office. Talk just loud enough so that other customers can hear you. They will be afraid that your negativity will rub off on potential customers and ruin those sales, and you will get your way. This works pretty much every time (within reason of course).
Sorry but that's a pretty bad advise. They will ask him to lower his voice or take him to a room and deal with him there or just ask him to leave.

If he has all paperwork proving his point I would get a lawyer if I were him. Lawyer can also get them pay legal fees with could be around $1000 could be less ( usually they take for something like that $300 - $400 an hour)
I'm sure they would try to work out some deal right away.
The following users liked this post:
Absinthe (01-25-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Michael440

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
G37_driver,
Anything new on this issue?
I'm wondering how it played out?
Old 01-28-2015, 01:52 PM
Furlow

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael440
Sorry but that's a pretty bad advise. They will ask him to lower his voice or take him to a room and deal with him there or just ask him to leave.

If he has all paperwork proving his point I would get a lawyer if I were him. Lawyer can also get them pay legal fees with could be around $1000 could be less ( usually they take for something like that $300 - $400 an hour)
I'm sure they would try to work out some deal right away.
They can ask him to leave all they want, as long as he's not physically threatening anyone he can do as he pleases. And "take him to a room?" Like I said, do NOT go into a separate room with anyone. I've seen this work multiple times, and I've tried it myself. It works as long as you don't take it too far.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:02 PM
Moultese
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If they ask him to leave, and he doesn't, he's trespassing. There doesn't have to be the threat of physical violence for it to be trespassing. Holy **** that is horrible advice
Old 01-28-2015, 03:29 PM
RIZAMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some first post for me...Long time forum user, first time on here.

I just bought a "CPO" 2013 G37 Journey with Sports Package 3 days ago. The vehicle was advertised as CPO, and had the required 142-point inspection. When doing the paperwork for sale, untill that point I was under the assumption that the 72 month/100,000 mile limited warranty AUTOMATICALLY CAME with every CPO vehicle.

The dealer explained everything to me as we went over documents to sign. When it came to the CPO warranty I was told up front that this warranty costs an extra $1000, that this is what Infiniti requires the dealer to pay them to cover the vehicle with said CPO warranty (72/100,000, plus the $50 deductible).

There was no smoke and mirrors and no deception.

Although I was curious after the sale I did contact Infiniti about it. I spoke to one individual and then called back with the same question and got the same answer. "It's up to the dealer's discretion", meaning that a dealer can throw in the CPO warranty as a selling point, but at the end of the day it is an add-on item to further "certify" the vehicle for its after-purchase lifetime.

How true that is remains to be seen, and we all know how reputable the auto dealership industry is - not very.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Awgd8

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Just an FYI,

There are 2 kinds of CPO Infiniti. The $900 CPO is only covers the drivetrain and maybe few other parts?
The other CPO is called CPO Wrap. ($1,300-1,500) The CPO wrap is the same as the Infinti Elite Extended Warranty coverage for the new car. It is like bumper to bumper warranty, but does not cover upholstery, carpet, paint, glass exterior trim, etc..)

CPO covers 1,1366 items
CPO wrap covers additional 289 parts in addition to regular CPO.

If you want the details of each, I can email you the list.