G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Roof Wing for the G-Sedan - HappyBuyItNow Extreme3

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 03:24 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
You've got a lot of close-ups...how about a whole profile shot of the car...or a couple more with a little wider angle so we can take the car in as a whole.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by pledes23
That looks great!! Once you get the final install I'm pretty sure that you will like it. It's so subtle yet adds a depth to the rear that is much needed matched with the trunk spoiler.
That's the operative word: depth.

In OEM trim, the rear window makes a very unremarkable line with the roof. This little piece adds a component of depth to that transition, without going crazy with an upswept lip that actually runs counter to the lines of the car.

Originally Posted by Dj1ofDet
It does indeed look good. So I guess the next question is when will might they become available?
You'll have to reach out to HappyBuyItNow. Here: extremespoilerus@gmail.com

He answers to both AJ and PeterX.

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
You've got a lot of close-ups...how about a whole profile shot of the car...or a couple more with a little wider angle so we can take the car in as a whole.
Sorry. It's off the car now, and a storm is rolling into the area overnight. Plus that, the car is dirty, and my summer wheels are in the basement... so it's going to be a while before I do any whole-car photo shoots.

Originally Posted by pledes23
Good point sir, I didn't think about that rain run-off.
Actually, I think your first instincts were right, and it looks better butted up tight to the roof-line, rather than allowing for the gap between the glass and the roof.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-10-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
Do you think the ultra flexibility may lend itself to maintaining this shape?
Originally Posted by Rochester
IDK. Since most cars have a curvature to the roofline where it meets up with the rear window glass, it only makes sense that the adhesive tape is stronger than the roof-wing material's tendency to go back to form. Otherwise HappyBuyItNow wouldn't be able to actually sell these things... right?
Just using 3 little squares of 3M tape for the test-fit, that was strong enough to hold the roof wing in position... almost, but not perfect. The point being, I'm no longer concerned about this. With two strips of outdoor-strength, double-sided tape going the full length of the piece, I am 100% confident that it will hold just fine.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:40 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
I like it. It's subtle but not overboard. It's one of those mods that doesn't stand out so much that it screams for attention.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:51 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
I like it. It's subtle but not overboard. It's one of those mods that doesn't stand out so much that it screams for attention.
This^^
It's the perfect touch to your car John, subtle but different. I like the black too, goes well w/ the roof seals.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by blnewt
This^^
It's the perfect touch to your car John, subtle but different. I like the black too, goes well w/ the roof seals.
Thanks, Brad!

Like I said, it's a keeper. And now I'm going to keep it in my attic for about 4 more months.

Come Springtime, I'll have the Vossens back on the car, this roof wing fully installed, and new exhaust tips with FI's catback... so I'll be sure to bump this thread with some whole-car photos.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:06 PM
BobPezz

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
The sun is setting, so I took some more pictures without direct sunlight. IMO, these actually showcase the roof wing better than the morning pics did.

You know what? I'm calling it. This is a keeper. (Sorry, Pedro.)

I'm still not going to install it for real until Spring 2015, though. Until then, I've got these pics to look at.
It looks VERY nice! The black is a great detail touch. Though I'm curious how white would look. I agree w/ you 100%, wait for spring to permanently mount it. The 3M tape will hold fine if applied properly & you leave it alone a few days, to allow the tape to fully cure.

Last edited by blnewt; 12-10-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:10 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
Loooks pretty good, oddly enough the subtlety of the design makes it stand out amongst the rest. Not sure how well it would coordinate with the OEM decklid spoiler, designs may clash, tough to tell.

But ouch on the brake light cutout on the rear window, hate when installers do that
Old 12-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by STownSaint
But ouch on the brake light cutout on the rear window, hate when installers do that
Yeah, never been too happy about that myself.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:34 PM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
I like the look of your test fit Rochester, so today I put one of these in Moonlight White (QAA) in queue. I'm not only anxious to receive the spoiler, but also to see how good the paint job is. Time will tell!
Old 12-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dj1ofDet
I like the look of your test fit Rochester, so today I put one of these in Moonlight White (QAA) in queue. I'm not only anxious to receive the spoiler, but also to see how good the paint job is. Time will tell!
Cool. Hope it works out to your liking. Post pics either way.

I'm particularly interested because MW.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:00 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this on the car in person John, looks good.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (12-10-2014)
Old 12-12-2014, 02:53 PM
txg37x

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Looks awesome Rochester! Thanks for going out on a limb for us all. It looks better than the shadowspeed one I bought a couple years ago; it looks less angled up and more flat. Are these not available to buy on ebay yet? Did the one you receive come pre-painted? I'm ready to order
Old 12-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by txg37x
Looks awesome Rochester! Thanks for going out on a limb for us all. It looks better than the shadowspeed one I bought a couple years ago; it looks less angled up and more flat. Are these not available to buy on ebay yet? Did the one you receive come pre-painted? I'm ready to order
Thank you. But I didn't go out on any limb... they sent me a prototype for free, and it's a keeper. So win-win.

Agreed on the design... exactly what I had in mind.

IDK how to order one. Haven't a clue. I was expecting at this point HBIT would bump their screen name and get involved in the discussion.

Yes, mine came pre-painted, with the KH3 Paint Code (Obsidian Black) written on the backside.

Good luck with ordering. If you do it, come on back here and let people know the details.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
I just received my spoiler in QAA moonlight white in today and pics will be coming before the night is over. For the record, I reached out to see what the ordering process is. More to come on that.

Quick Reply: New Roof Wing for the G-Sedan - HappyBuyItNow Extreme3