G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Woohoo! Picking up my 09 G37S 6mt sedan tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 01:18 AM
Bocian
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Damn thanks for the welcome! Just got it back a couple hours ago so no pics yet, def coming soon. Its an 09 g37s, older front but the newer heart obviously, it doesn't have nav but no prob, im looking into the prodigy one system, shes got black interior, grey exterior (didnt check the color code yet) and 76k on the ticker and i can see that both qtr panels were painted but not replaced and very little body filler, lines all perfect. Cant complain since i got it for 12k, it was garaged with a cover that i was also given along with a set of blizzaks! Maaaan was it fun taking it down the nj turnpike, several times i had to check if i wasnt in 5th when passing at 75-80 maaan do i love this ride... My max had tokico illuminas with eibach pro, 6 gen brakes, full audio with appradio, bop, short shift (which i dont think ill be needing) different grill and lip, still was a fun car but this is night and effing day! I cant even think of what to do first, right i just wanna drive it, with the vdc off! Im still deciding on suspension, dont wanna go too low but the wheel gap isnt pleasant but the eibach/illuminas was rough on my max, the g is so much more comfortable and little body roll. Maybe sway bars... We'll see but def gonna keep it clean, no dumbass stickers or crap like that, maybe flat black lettering and emblems/grill but its all tbd
Glad to be here, i loved the org, this is a nice fit ��
�� cheers, i def celebrated!
Old 11-19-2014, 01:31 AM
Bocian
Registered Member

Ohhhh rochester, i remember you from the org, you had one sweet 5.5 gen, gonna be checking yours out, probably stealing some ideas hope you dont mind
Old 11-19-2014, 08:21 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Bocian
Damn thanks for the welcome! Just got it back a couple hours ago so no pics yet, def coming soon. Its an 09 g37s, older front but the newer heart obviously, it doesn't have nav but no prob, im looking into the prodigy one system, shes got black interior, grey exterior (didnt check the color code yet) and 76k on the ticker and i can see that both qtr panels were painted but not replaced and very little body filler, lines all perfect. Cant complain since i got it for 12k, it was garaged with a cover that i was also given along with a set of blizzaks! Maaaan was it fun taking it down the nj turnpike, several times i had to check if i wasnt in 5th when passing at 75-80 maaan do i love this ride... My max had tokico illuminas with eibach pro, 6 gen brakes, full audio with appradio, bop, short shift (which i dont think ill be needing) different grill and lip, still was a fun car but this is night and effing day! I cant even think of what to do first, right i just wanna drive it, with the vdc off! Im still deciding on suspension, dont wanna go too low but the wheel gap isnt pleasant but the eibach/illuminas was rough on my max, the g is so much more comfortable and little body roll. Maybe sway bars... We'll see but def gonna keep it clean, no dumbass stickers or crap like that, maybe flat black lettering and emblems/grill but its all tbd
Sounds like you'll fit in well here, hell, that could've been Johns (Rochesters) post right there^^^, lol.
Sounds like you got a steal, look forward to what you decide to do w/ it.
Oh, and welcome to your new org.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Sounds like you'll fit in well here, hell, that could've been Johns (Rochesters) post right there^^^, lol.
No, I write in paragraphs.

My max had tokico illuminas with eibach pro, 6 gen brakes, full audio with appradio, bop, short shift (which i dont think ill be needing) different grill and lip, still was a fun car but this is night and effing day!
Those are familiar mods. What, no phenolic intake spacers?

And in case anyone is wondering what a "bop" is, that stands for "Block-off Plate". There was a common mod on the VQ35DE in the 5.5 Gen, where people removed the VIAS valve at the turn on the upper intake manifold, replacing it with a solid plate. That left the upper and lower shelf in the UIM wide open (wider, actually), which stole some torque from the low-end, but added HP at WOT.

All the cool kids were doing it. Mine was polished SS, with titanium bolts.

short shift (which i dont think ill be needing)
You say that now.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts

Welcome to the forums, great to find out there is another 6mt sedan owner not too far away from me and also turns out to be native guy too

I will go ahead and say, that for your first mod, which You're most likely already wondering about, you should do a 10+ front end swap or at least start gathering the parts for it, since it is a 37 so all you're missing is the updated front end ! I'm not exactly sure about all the parts that you need, since I didn't need to do a swap, but definitely the obvious, 2010+ sport bumper, grille, headlights, and not sure what else but the guys here will help you out !

Originally Posted by Rochester

You say that now.
Nah, a different shift **** with shorter base will do, *cough* hebi *cough* bebi *cough* .
Old 11-19-2014, 09:45 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I will go ahead and say, that for your first mod, which You're most likely already wondering about, you should do a 10+ front end swap or at least start gathering the parts for it, since it is a 37 so all you're missing is the updated front end ! I'm not exactly sure about all the parts that you need, since I didn't need to do a swap, but definitely the obvious, 2010+ sport bumper, grille, headlights, and not sure what else but the guys here will help you out !
Are you kidding? That's your first mod recommendation... a couple grand in OEM parts to make his car look like a 2010+? Haha, no. Wow, Mike.

Let's dial that back to something very inexpensive, necessary and DIY. I'm thinking jsolo's clutch pedal return spring. Best $20 he'll ever spend.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/group-b...g-for-6mt.html

As for the admittedly bland 2007 - 2009 front end, he could dress that up nicely with an aftermarket grille from Ionic Dynamics:

Old 11-19-2014, 10:41 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Wow man welcome and congrats good deal on her to can't wait to see pics and see what you decide on changing first
Old 11-19-2014, 12:04 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

Are you kidding? That's your first mod recommendation... a couple grand in OEM parts to make his car look like a 2010+? Haha, no. Wow, Mike.

Let's dial that back to something very inexpensive, necessary and DIY. I'm thinking jsolo's clutch pedal return spring. Best $20 he'll ever spend.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/group-b...g-for-6mt.html

As for the admittedly bland 2007 - 2009 front end, he could dress that up nicely with an aftermarket grille from Ionic Dynamics:
Wow, John, wow. Are you kidding? Typical "Rochester" response LOL. If that was me that's what I'd be thinking about, I didn't necessarily say that he should jump right on it, but maybe start thinking about it and perhaps start doing some research or just slowly start gathering parts for that.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:19 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
+1 for the jsolo clutch spring.

First real mod: swaybars
The following users liked this post:
ScrewstonNismo (11-21-2014)
Old 11-19-2014, 08:24 PM
Yazovets

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your G37 purchase!!
Old 11-19-2014, 09:53 PM
joeltender

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome. Ive had mine for 6wks and am enjoying more than i even expected.
First snowfall, not installing my snows yet, virtually abandoned roads and tc off= good times
ScrewstonNismo (11-21-2014)
Old 12-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Bocian
Registered Member

Sorry guys, been mia, busy as all hell, i do landscaping and its leaf season... Anyways, ill have some pics up soon, its a stock g35 looking k51 for now. I did the clutch spring and theres a bit of difference but nothing dramatic, ill keep it for now, and i wrapped that damn peeling steering wheel bezel, looks like my next mod will be the csc, i think it just died on me... Wtf...
Old 12-30-2014, 03:19 PM
4DOORFUN

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on the 2009 6MT. RWD is so much more fun to drive and the 6MT is the only way to go on this car. The motor and gearing are a perfect match.

I would be careful about the clutch spring mod. I was getting grinding on the my 4-5 shift and ever since I went back to the stock spring the grinding has been gone. I can't be sure it was the aftermarket clutch petal spring that caused my issues, but it was the first thing I removed when I noticed the gear grinding. I'm just not sure the aftermarket spring allows the clutch to engage and disengage correctly.

One last thing, anyone that says their G feels slow or does not feel like it has 328hp probably drives the AWD or AT RWD. The 6MT is a different beast.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:33 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DOORFUN
I would be careful about the clutch spring mod. I was getting grinding on the my 4-5 shift and ever since I went back to the stock spring the grinding has been gone. I can't be sure it was the aftermarket clutch petal spring that caused my issues, but it was the first thing I removed when I noticed the gear grinding. I'm just not sure the aftermarket spring allows the clutch to engage and disengage correctly.
I've been running the spring in my own car for 3 years now without any issues. There's been no reports of this on here or the 370z site.

If you're getting grinding, it's likely due to syncro wear. Where are you feeling the grinding? In the pedal or shifter?

Did you mess with the master cylinder push rod adjustment? On a properly adjusted and working hydraulic system, the spring changes the pedal feel, nothing more.

Observe the system design, you'll notice the clutch assist spring actually works AGAINST the pressure plate, making it easier to depress the pedal.Spring is under full load when pedal is completely off the floor. Tension is released as pedal is depressed. There are no adjustments to make with the spring, just installation. Side effect of the stock assist spring is masking of pedal feel. Any other alterations would directly affect engagement and possibly not allow full clutch disengagement resulting in difficult gear changes or grinding.
Lego_Maniac (12-31-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 04:38 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
Congratulations on the new purchase. What mods do you plan on doing?
Whoa...you guys start fast.

It's a disease...I know