G37 Sedan

I'm Done For a While

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 11:13 PM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
I'm Done For a While

Hey all - I finished the last little change this past week and think for now, I'm done making changes. I think I've made it a little out of the ordinary but stayed within OEM for the most part.

I'm still on the fence on the chrome trim piece I added to the tongue that sticks out the lower front grill. I don't have any monitoring devices there so it doesn't block anything. Let me know hat you think. All comments welcome.

I added the rear spoiler a couple of weeks ago. I think it looks great for $108 shipped.

I may look into a sport muffler set-up and some post MAF tubes somewhere down the line.

Untitled by Codeggs, on Flickr

thanks!
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (10-22-2014)
Old 10-18-2014, 11:24 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
Looks good, but the chrome trunk lid lip looks out of place with the rear spoiler. Needs vinyl wrapped or paint matched.
ToeKnee Sea (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Since you don't have a front plate, and you have all that chrome finish on the front grille, and you have the non-sport front-end.... all that into consideration, I think the little chrome strip on the lower grille looks great. It's a keeper, IMO.

...that said, a Midnight Grille would look better; either OEM or custom.

The AE rims also look real good, far better than duckfeet or non-Sport 17's.

...that said, a mild drop would look better still.

From these pictures, it looks like you're keeping real good car of the car's finish. Not an easy task for a black car, so you're probably developing some excellent skills. There's so much shine here, right down to the tires and the exhaust tips.

...that said, those OEM exhaust tips, although clean, are kind of fugly, stunted, and angled downward. Considering you're preference for OEM-ish mods, a simple Tanabe Medalion axle-back would look much better.

I like that particular aftermarket spoiler, sitting over the chrome lip. In some ways I even like it better than the OEM duckbill spoiler.

...that said, I agree with Lego here, and you should have the chrome lip painted to match. Or (and this is just an idea) have it painted flat-black to match a flat-black lower diffuser area at the bottom of the rear bumper.
ToeKnee Sea (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 09:30 AM
Global Reach

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Where did you get that spoiler from? Was it already painted, and how was it installed?

I like your dog
ToeKnee Sea (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 09:49 AM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Looks good, but the chrome trunk lid lip looks out of place with the rear spoiler. Needs vinyl wrapped or paint matched.
Interesting idea. I do like factory chrome on a black car. Maybe for a change of pace down the line a wrap would be something to try. Cheers.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:52 AM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Global Reach
Where did you get that spoiler from? Was it already painted, and how was it installed?

I like your dog
eBay. Painted. They use our paint codes. And I have to say they packed it very well. they r out in California.

The dog is my girl Layla... she comes with some factory white...
Old 10-19-2014, 09:57 AM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

I like your dog
PS - they preinstalled a nice - not too thick - not too thin strip of 3m double sided tape around they entire perimeter. All I had to do was measure, tape and install. That sucker isn't going anywhere without fishing line and heat.
Global Reach (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 10:29 AM
Yazovets

That's a great looking car!
ToeKnee Sea (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 10:32 AM
DBall

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Got a link to that spoiler or the seller of it? Looks great and the price seems right!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Global Reach

I found it. Thanks Sea

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-13-Infiniti-G35-G37-4DR-Sedan-Rear-Trunk-Tail-Lip-Spoiler-Painted-ABS-/181341299914?fits=Model%3AG37
Old 10-19-2014, 12:26 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Or (and this is just an idea) have it painted flat-black to match a flat-black lower diffuser area at the bottom of the rear bumper.
Nice idea John, that would provide just the right amount of contrast.

Tony, nice work keeping the car so immaculate and sticking close to OEM but not quite. Nice improvements that are enhancing rather than detracting from the look.

Also agree on the dog, looks like a real pal
ToeKnee Sea (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 12:55 PM
txg37x

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Looking good man. I second Rochester's advice on midnight grill and to blacken the chrome piece under the spoiler. OEM Midnight grills are on ebay from $160 shipped. You considered getting a front lip? It's not near as cool as the lip for the sport version, but it's still better than plain.
ToeKnee Sea (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 01:04 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 232 Likes on 194 Posts
I was on the fence with this spoiler, but I think I'm sold. This looks really good. It really looks more like an OEM spoiler than the duckbill OEM spoiler. For the price and ease of installation, this one is almost too good to be true. I also like how it integrates and blends the stock chrome spoiler into the design as opposed to covering it up. Looks really good. Question, with the link above, where does one enter the paint code when checking out?
ToeKnee Sea (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 01:18 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 232 Likes on 194 Posts
How much room is there between the spoiler and the chrome piece? Is there enough room to push a towel in there to dry after a wash?
Old 10-19-2014, 02:50 PM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

Yes. That's the exact one I choose. There are a couple others that sell them preprinted in that price range. I picked this one and was not disappointed. Took a cheap flyer and for now I' m happy.

They packed it nice. Needed a bit of medium cutter wax and then a double coat of Meguiars NXT wax to get the shine to match my car.