G37 Sedan

I'm Done For a While

Old 10-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
OP, you know what would look good on your car? Sport sills.

It's something you would never really notice unless side-by-side between a sport and non-sport Sedan. But once you recognize the design difference, it's something to appreciate. And it's a direct, bolt-on replacement OEM mod.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:35 PM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
OP, you know what would look good on your car? Sport sills.

It's something you would never really notice unless side-by-side between a sport and non-sport Sedan. But once you recognize the design difference, it's something to appreciate. And it's a direct, bolt-on replacement OEM mod.
Thanks. I didn't look it up but are those the rocker panel extensions that include the small splash guards?
Old 10-20-2014, 12:42 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by ToeKnee Sea
Thanks. I didn't look it up but are those the rocker panel extensions that include the small splash guards?
Rocker panel is probably the right word, although more of a truck thing. But yes, the length of plastic extension that runs down each side of the car.

However, the splash guards are an entirely separate item. AFAIK, the front and back splash guards are the same sport vs. non-sport, regardless of the rocker panels.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:15 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ no, the sport has different front splash guards due to the different sills (rockers). i believe the rears are the same.

OP - nice looking ride. i agree with suggestions to black out window trim and the trunk piece. i'm a fan of the OEM trunk lip which covers up the chrome strip anyways.
The following users liked this post:
ToeKnee Sea (10-20-2014)
Old 10-20-2014, 03:26 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
I'm Done For a While
This is what I tell my wife everytime a new package comes in..

Car looks good though! Nice subtle touches and anything I would recommend has already been recommended. (or shouldn't be recommended if you want to keep the same theme..)
ToeKnee Sea (10-20-2014)
Old 10-20-2014, 03:27 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by canucklehead
^ no, the sport has different front splash guards due to the different sills (rockers). i believe the rears are the same.
No kidding? GTK. Thanks, canucklehead.

Last edited by Rochester; 10-20-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:53 PM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

Originally Posted by canucklehead

OP - nice looking ride. i agree with suggestions to black out window trim and the trunk piece. i'm a fan of the OEM trunk lip which covers up the chrome strip anyways.
Thanks man. Come to think... Not sure I remember seeing one with just the extensions and not the splash guards. Do you generally buy all... Six? Pieces or, none at all? Maybe I have and didn't know it or remember.

Cheers.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:56 PM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

Originally Posted by tonyHTX
This is what I tell my wife everytime a new package comes in..

Car looks good though! Nice subtle touches and anything I would recommend has already been recommended. (or shouldn't be recommended if you want to keep the same theme..)
Lol. There is that sport exhaust I mentioned...

I had a 2006 FX35 and it had a great stock note. Nice growl at start up. Droned a bit on the highway however.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:47 AM
txg37x

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks. Some mentioned a front lip - I looked at a few. The car being black, like the unpainted lips I see on eBay - how would that look if I left it unpainted?

I'd be more into drilling under there since its all plastic to plastic to attach one of those - no?
I was recommending the OEM lip. I got both the OEM front lip and OEM spoiler for around $700 shipped; don't recall how much each one cost individually though. Prices can be found on various OEM Infiniti websites. The front lip did need some holes to be drilled for bolts, but it does have 3M tape as well.

I also have a black non-sport and can post some photos of the OEM front lip if needed.
ToeKnee Sea (10-21-2014)
Old 10-21-2014, 09:17 AM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

Originally Posted by txg37x
I was recommending the OEM lip. I got both the OEM front lip and OEM spoiler for around $700 shipped; don't recall how much each one cost individually though. Prices can be found on various OEM Infiniti websites. The front lip did need some holes to be drilled for bolts, but it does have 3M tape as well.

I also have a black non-sport and can post some photos of the OEM front lip if needed.
Would love to see your car - sure.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:47 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 232 Likes on 194 Posts
I emailed them through the eBay auction to ask about installation type - I didn't want to drill. They confirmed it was a 3M deal, I bought it and replyed again stating I just purchased one and gave them my eBay ID name to match up with the order. I confirmed the paint code in that last email to them.

I was still worried about weight and no bolts but once I picked up the box and wondered if there was anything it, I was sold. It weighs very little.
Here's what they said when I emailed them through eBay (in case anyone else is considering):

"When you check out, go ahead and put the color code in side paypal message, and we will know which color to send out.
If you are not able to located it, send me an ebay message after you make the purchase, we will update your invoice and get the correct color to you."
Old 10-22-2014, 06:29 PM
txg37x

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Would love to see your car - sure.
Here's the front lip. It's not anything near as aggressive as the sport version, but I still recommend it.

The following 2 users liked this post by txg37x:
STownSaint (10-23-2014), ToeKnee Sea (10-22-2014)
Old 10-22-2014, 08:53 PM
ToeKnee Sea
Registered Member

Nice. I almost bought a set of those EX sport wheels. They look great on your G.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:21 PM
Paratrooper

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
I got to check out your ride sometime, I'm over near the white water center.
ToeKnee Sea (10-23-2014)
Old 10-23-2014, 12:29 PM
skeener

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Subtle, classy, nice. People sometimes do not appreciate "understated." I'd have to see the trunk lip/chrome in person however - maybe too much. Nice dog for sure!
ToeKnee Sea (10-23-2014)

Search this Thread