G37 Sedan

Q50 Eau Rouge Driven - Worth The Money?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Nothin2Somethin

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I honestly don't think this car will be $100k, probably more like $70k-$85k. As for it selling, there will always be people out there who like being different and don't want to settle for the norm, so if they limit production it could move very well. Especially if it is supposed to be in the 400-500hp range, the fact that it is an infiniti with that much power is an accomplishment, now to put that power down. I think the tranny will be what makes or breaks this car.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:26 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by chris_s
yeah, and Usain Bolt barely beat Seabiscuit in the 200M backstroke, so what?
LOL
Old 10-09-2014, 03:42 AM
4WDve

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by chris_s
yeah, and Usain Bolt barely beat Seabiscuit in the 200M backstroke, so what?
Im assuming the reason for your funny comment is because you was thinking I started another orange/apple compa. I didnt.
I were trying to point out that when a car is truely special (Lexus LFA), it isnt about performance per dollar. The GTR, on the other hand, a pure hp/$ example. Ppl will forget about the R35 GTR when the newer and better R36 roll out. 10-15 years from now, we will see the LFA in the museum while the R35 GTR will do drag races in high school parking lots

Last edited by 4WDve; 10-09-2014 at 03:49 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:40 AM
chris_s

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 4WDve
Im assuming the reason for your funny comment is because you was thinking I started another orange/apple compa. I didnt.
I were trying to point out that when a car is truely special (Lexus LFA), it isnt about performance per dollar. The GTR, on the other hand, a pure hp/$ example. Ppl will forget about the R35 GTR when the newer and better R36 roll out. 10-15 years from now, we will see the LFA in the museum while the R35 GTR will do drag races in high school parking lots
no my comment was because you compared the results of two vehicles doing something they weren't designed to do particularly well (drag race).

Both the GTR and LFA were built for road course action, neither of them is anything special in a drag race. It always kills me when magazines/reviewers/whoever take a super or grand touring or hyper car and run it down a 1/4 mile strip. I guess it's something that's pretty easy to do, but not a particularly valuable stat for showing what the car does well.

I think the GTR is (was) special because it was doing what the big guys were doing for a fraction of the cost. The cost is up substantially these days, so yeah maybe it doesn't have that edge anymore. I really doubt they'll be showing up in high school parking lots at any point, it's a hand built engine that requires a lot of very specialized maintenance, not a 1996 z28.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:27 AM
4WDve

This is the first time I have hear somobody said the GTR isnt any good for drag races. Not know enough about the car scene in NA, i will take for words for it.
I hope you right about the GTR wont easily fall into the hards of irresponsible youngster because that is the new trend in where i live right now. High school kids have been doing stupid stuns on the streets with their cheaply obtained GTR and M6 ( being cool with the bros is always comes first, anythingelse comes later)
Old 10-09-2014, 09:36 AM
GAWD

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
Driving thru my parking garage today I see that there are now 3 Hyundai Equus ($60K+) owners working here. And atleast one Kia K900 ($66K). I thought of this thread and suddenly the concept of a $100K Infiniti wasn't shocking.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:46 AM
chris_s

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 4WDve
This is the first time I have hear somobody said the GTR isnt any good for drag races. Not know enough about the car scene in NA, i will take for words for it.
I hope you right about the GTR wont easily fall into the hards of irresponsible youngster because that is the new trend in where i live right now. High school kids have been doing stupid stuns on the streets with their cheaply obtained GTR and M6 ( being cool with the bros is always comes first, anythingelse comes later)
I didn't mean to imply the GTR isn't "good at" drag races, just that drag racing isn't where it shines

And where do you live that highschool kids are buying GTRs? or are you talking about older skyline GTR imports? at a glance, nissan GTR r35's are still selling for over $50k. M6s on the other hand are less than half that, but still a lot for a high school kid.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:42 PM
4WDve

In Vietnam, we pay extremely high price for car. So paying +$100K for a normal car is really the norm here. Local car enthusiast lost the interested in the R35 GTR after the first two model years. Mainly the drive too punishing for the bad roads we have here and lack of qualified service tech. A used 09-10 R35 GTR used to cost +$200k couple years ago. Now dealers and owners want to sell get rid of them likes dead flies. A 09-10 model can be bought for about 120k now. Kids after they got their driving permit can either buy a C or 3 series for 100k or GTR for a bit more. Tough choice for them.
We dont have R34 in Vietnam because of its right hand drive.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:34 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
Where would the performance be relative to what's out there now?

Sounds like it would out perform CTS-V, M3, M5, RS7, ISF, C63, etc.

I'm sure that would help draw in a crowd not looking at Infiniti otherwise
Old 10-10-2014, 09:07 PM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I can see it being more around 80K max. Fits right in to undercut the AMGs, Ms and RS/S's. With that, they would dominate the sport sedan world and still keep up with Tesla in most of their technological advancements.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:09 AM
brizey

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
I view Infiniti as superior to all those other brands, except maybe...maybe...Porsche. Until they can build a car screwed together better than a $15 Kia, color me unimpressed. German engineering superiority is, and always has been, a myth. Anyone can build nice stuff if you throw money at it. They just have the market position to maintain that as a business.

My biggest concern for this car is that it is not a ground up design. It's old school hot rodding--stuff the biggest motor in a smaller car. Watch the car and driver review video. They run through the parts list. It's cobbled together. Which is exactly what I am not looking for when buying a Japanese car.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:20 AM
John B

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Dare I say there isn't any other car manufacture with more legendary motors than Nissan. Yes Chevy had LS series but it's all variants of the same motor. Have you heard of the Silvia, Skyline R33/34 these are legendary cars . The Eau rogue is what a M or AMG or RS is to the German companies.
Originally Posted by ToeKnee Sea
True - guess the GTR isn't your typical Nissan either. But it is it's own car - meaning it's not based on another car and has it's own sheet metal. The Eau Rouge still looks like a Q50 from the outside - even with the added body bolt on's.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:29 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

I do agree with the statement about Nissan motors. Hell, the GTRs have a TT 3.8L V6 that blows away a lot of the V8's on the market. That kind of HP and TQ pulled out of a V6 is amazing to me. I still wouldn't pay $110K+ for the Infiniti though. There is more quality with the German makes and for that price a new RS5, RS7, C63 AMG, or M6 is what comes to my mind.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Nothin2Somethin

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
^^ More quality ? Would you own one of the aforementioned vehicles out of warranty ? Especially if the eau rogue is priced at 70-80k?
Old 10-12-2014, 12:46 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

I'd own one of the aforementioned vehicles NEW in a heartbeat if I could afford one. The Q50ER will be priced well over $100K NEW. ALL of the mentioned vehicles have great warranty programs. Out of warranty? I didn't think that this was a part of the original discussion, but for the sake of the comment I'd suppose that if I could afford on of these vehicles PERIOD I wouldn't really care about that kind of stuff. You know: MPG, Preventative Maintenance, Tires, Breakdown Maintenance, etc. All of which are factors for people who don't have the deep pockets to buy these machines.

Quick Reply: Q50 Eau Rouge Driven - Worth The Money?