G37 Sedan

2012 G37s running extremely sluggish!?

Old 10-09-2014, 10:36 AM
luiscar93

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver37
The flash should definitely help until the car has time to learn and do its own thing. Let us know if it keeps the fire or ends up running like pooh like mine does occasionally, even with the latest flash.

My car is acting up once again! That update lasted 2 days lol... next remedy? Maybe a tune(chip)?
Old 10-09-2014, 11:36 AM
luiscar93

Originally Posted by luiscar93
My car is acting up once again! That update lasted 2 days lol... next remedy? Maybe a tune(chip)?

Btw I love driving this car with the paddle shifters lol I just finished doing some power slides around the neighborhood! Hahaha
Old 10-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by luiscar93
Btw I love driving this car with the paddle shifters lol I just finished doing some power slides around the neighborhood! Hahaha
Sorry you are running like pooh again, but don't say I didn't warn you!

It's interesting you mention the paddle shifters....my car always ran great after it got the latest update UNTIL I started shifting with the paddles again. It was like clockwork every time. This is one inconsistent car.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:38 PM
luiscar93

Sorry you are running like pooh again, but don't say I didn't warn you!

It's interesting you mention the paddle shifters....my car always ran great after it got the latest update UNTIL I started shifting with the paddles again. It was like clockwork every time. This is one inconsistent car.
Like I I told my girlfriend, it has a mind of its own and every day the car surprises me lol. Anyways I reset my ecu after work it's running amazing. Do you think resetting the ecu weekly would somehow damage the ecu? Btw what do you think about tunning/chipping? Would this solve are issue? Are we honestly the only ones experiencing this? I'm starting to think others choose to ignore it!
Old 10-09-2014, 10:42 PM
luiscar93

What about an ecu replacement? Maybe if I continue complaining to the dealer they will do something.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:25 PM
alxmlr789

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
I personally wouldn't get tuned if you are still under warranty. This may void the warranty.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:42 PM
luiscar93

Originally Posted by alxmlr789
I personally wouldn't get tuned if you are still under warranty. This may void the warranty.

-_- I'm so annoyed. Maybe an exhaust and cai will make a difference? Lol I'm so in love with this car but at the same time frustrated. Do experience this sluggish feeling?
Old 10-10-2014, 03:45 AM
zrixter
Registered Member

just did the ecm/tcm update, positive changes noticed right away. accelerates quicker, smoother shifting. under warranty, so no cost involved. VAN NUYS Infiniti
Old 10-10-2014, 06:33 AM
Silver37
Registered Member

I don't have any experiences with tuning, but there's plenty of feedback already on the forum on that topic. My guess is that it would be like every other mod - you gain some things, but you also lose others in the process, so research carefully before you take the plung. I doubt resetting the ecu weekly would do any damage based on what others have stated before on the forum.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:21 AM
luiscar93

Originally Posted by zrixter
just did the ecm/tcm update, positive changes noticed right away. accelerates quicker, smoother shifting. under warranty, so no cost involved. VAN NUYS Infiniti
Let's hope that update last more than a few a days! Mine lasted about 2 days lol...
Old 10-10-2014, 09:26 AM
luiscar93

I don't have any experiences with tuning, but there's plenty of feedback already on the forum on that topic. My guess is that it would be like every other mod - you gain some things, but you also lose others in the process, so research carefully before you take the plung. I doubt resetting the ecu weekly would do any damage based on what others have stated before on the forum.
I'm going to give the car a week and see how it goes. Maybe a cbe and cai will wake up the car lol.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:39 PM
conkus805
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Everytime you reset your ECU you need to do a throttle calibration. Look in the service section to learn how to do it. I had the same issues as well but did the throttle calibration after ECU reset and it's fine. Also, my car needs about 250 miles of driving after a reset to feel good again. Before that it feels sluggish, it just need time to relearn. Also do your ECU reset via the pedal method, seems to work better for my car. Good luck!
Old 10-10-2014, 09:33 PM
luiscar93

Originally Posted by conkus805
Everytime you reset your ECU you need to do a throttle calibration. Look in the service section to learn how to do it. I had the same issues as well but did the throttle calibration after ECU reset and it's fine. Also, my car needs about 250 miles of driving after a reset to feel good again. Before that it feels sluggish, it just need time to relearn. Also do your ECU reset via the pedal method, seems to work better for my car. Good luck!
For sure I will check that out! Thanks for your input man. Btw I went on a little road trip with my car today, it felt great drove with the paddle shifters.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:50 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
This is a great thread as it is my biggest complaint of my G. Inconsistent performance. Mine will run great and then run like crap for no apparent reason. Cleaning throttle bodies helps, but the problem sometimes appears where it goes into a funky mode and doesn't accelerate strongly and the brakes get very touchy. Yes, it's as if the brakes were dragging, but it eventually clears up. It's almost like the VDC or parking brake is on. I doubt it's stuck calipers, brake wear has always been reasonable, but I'll also check the rotor temp to see what they look like.

What's a good temperature range to target?
This is exactly what I was experienceing with my G (when I had it...I sold it now). I used to think my car was moody. It would be perfect for a few weeks. Then for no apparent reason, I would get in one morning and it would drive like crap (sluggish, unresponsive, jerky). This would last for a couple days to sometimes over a week. Then one day, all these symptoms would be gone and the car is back to being wonderful again.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:11 PM
luiscar93

Originally Posted by sniper27
This is exactly what I was experienceing with my G (when I had it...I sold it now). I used to think my car was moody. It would be perfect for a few weeks. Then for no apparent reason, I would get in one morning and it would drive like crap (sluggish, unresponsive, jerky). This would last for a couple days to sometimes over a week. Then one day, all these symptoms would be gone and the car is back to being wonderful again.
Yea she's acting moody again lol. My car was running wonderful for about a week and now it went back to its moody self. I might set up an appointment with another dealer.