Sponsored by:

Future Setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 08:42 AM
grojas112
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Future Setup

Hey Guys, I plan on adding and exhaust to my G sedan but dont want it to be too loud. This is what I have in mind.

tanabe axle back
fast intention high flow cats
r2c intake

All inputs are welcome.

thank you
Old 10-02-2014, 01:17 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by grojas112
Hey Guys, I plan on adding and exhaust to my G sedan but dont want it to be too loud. This is what I have in mind.

tanabe axle back
fast intention high flow cats
r2c intake

All inputs are welcome.

thank you
Should accomplish your goals, but for a bit milder tone the Resonated FIs would be better.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:30 PM
bat6wc

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
in my opinion, dont waste your time with the Tanabes. Go with Top Speed.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
I'd do the exhaust first and see how you like the sound, then intake and or cats based on the results since you don't want "too loud".
Old 10-02-2014, 02:42 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
ARK and Invidia are quiet.

I have ARK with Fast Intentions resonated high flow cats and I still feel it's too quiet.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:04 PM
grojas112
Registered Member

Will I accomplish the sound I am looking for with upgrading to just FI RHFC
Old 10-09-2014, 05:34 PM
alfredo24pr

Originally Posted by grojas112
Will I accomplish the sound I am looking for with upgrading to just FI RHFC
not even close.

I installed the FI RHFC before my catback and the sound was the same as stock. Almost unnoticeable.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
not even close.

I installed the FI RHFC before my catback and the sound was the same as stock. Almost unnoticeable.
I still have the OEM cat-back, matched up to FI RHFC, and the R2C Intake kit under the hood... and absolutely there is a difference in sound. I like you, Alfredo, and I seriously respect the rapid fire dyno-mod-dyno activity you've been doing this past year. But that statement you just made is not even remotely true.

Get your ears checked, son.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:53 PM
alfredo24pr

Originally Posted by Rochester
I still have the OEM cat-back, matched up to FI RHFC, and the R2C Intake kit under the hood... and absolutely there is a difference in sound. I like you, Alfredo, and I seriously respect the rapid fire dyno-mod-dyno activity you've been doing this past year. But that statement you just made is not even remotely true. Get your ears checked, son.
He is asking just with the RHFC. None of my friends could tell that I had them installed and tbh neither could I, if I hadn't checked under the car.

I think the OP would get the sound he wants with the axleback, rather than with the RHFC only.

I might have a video of the FI RHFC with the OEM catback somewhere in my computer. I will check when I get back home.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
He is asking just with the RHFC. None of my friends could tell that I had them installed and tbh neither could I, if I hadn't checked under the car.

I think the OP would get the sound he wants with the axleback, rather than with the RHFC only.

I might have a video of the FI RHFC with the OEM catback somewhere in my computer. I will check when I get back home.
No, his top post said he was planing on FI RHFC, R2C Intake and the Tanabe Medallion axle-back. Telling him that setup will sound the same as stock is just bad advice, Alfredo.

Now, will he get the sound he's looking for? Who freaking knows what he's looking for? I suspect the OP doesn't, either.

Would that setup be quiet? Relatively speaking to a more aggressive cat-back, yes, it will. But it will also certainly be louder and more engaging than stock, by a noticeable amount.

Also, personal values and expectations come into play with subjective things like this. You yourself said your setup was still too quiet. I think you need to run open-headers for a while.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:44 PM
bri

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I have just the Tanabe. It makes the exhaust slightly more audible from outside the car but it's hardly noticeable at all inside the car. Even at higher rpm's it's maybe 10 - 15% louder. Which is fine, all I wanted is for it to be audible because compared to my last car the G was as silent as an electric.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:38 PM
alfredo24pr

Originally Posted by Rochester
No, his top post said he was planing on FI RHFC, R2C Intake and the Tanabe Medallion axle-back. Telling him that setup will sound the same as stock is just bad advice, Alfredo.

Now, will he get the sound he's looking for? Who freaking knows what he's looking for? I suspect the OP doesn't, either.

Would that setup be quiet? Relatively speaking to a more aggressive cat-back, yes, it will. But it will also certainly be louder and more engaging than stock, by a noticeable amount.

Also, personal values and expectations come into play with subjective things like this. You yourself said your setup was still too quiet. I think you need to run open-headers for a while.
My quote was in response to post #6, not the OP.

I agree that not even OP knows what he wants either.
No thanks on the headers lol.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Here's an idea: keep the OEM cat-back, but replace the cats with FI's non-resonated model. Weld in some new tips for looks, or get that Tanabe axle-back you were planning on. Non-resonated cats + axle-back might just be what you're looking for with regards to sound.

However, if you're under the car and eye-balling those OEM pipes... ew-w. Personally, I can't wait to get rid of my OEM cat-back. Just like Alfredo here, I want more noise. Neighbors might not like it, but I like my car to make noise. Half the fun of owning a 6MT is playing with the throttle.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:55 AM
grojas112
Registered Member

thank you guys
Old 10-10-2014, 11:10 AM
kluthage421
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Why not Stillen Gen2 CAI, HFCs, remove the stock mufflers leaving the resonators, then weld in some pipe and put some new aftermarket tips on? Sounds nice and saves money and weight.

Quick Reply: Future Setup