Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Do they make blank fog light covers for g37?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
I'm sure every non-sport Sedan owner here who's ever messed with their fogs, is shaking their heads and thinking we're a bunch of idiots.

Anyway, nice bit of research and miscellaneous G info.

I wonder why the difference, though. Is it because there's a LED DRL option available to the Sport?

Last edited by Rochester; 09-12-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:15 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by GAWD
Tony - I'm in Houston a few times a year @ Baylor/Rice med center. I'll look you up maybe, grab a beer, etc.
^ Definitely would be good to grab a beer with you! If I can find time away from the two little ones that is!

Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm sure every non-sport Sedan owner here who's ever messed with their fogs, is shaking their heads and thinking we've a bunch of idiots.

Anyway, nice bit of research and miscellaneous G info.
This has been a very interesting learning experience (at least for me) that I'm sure has totally derailed/threadjacked the intended purpose for the thread that OP had in mind!
Old 09-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I was looking at the fog light area on a G37x yesterday, up close and detailed, with this thread in mind. Very clearly that mesh area is a molded component of the bumper.

Go figure.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:27 AM
GAWD

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I wonder why the difference, though. Is it because there's a LED DRL option available to the Sport?
"stacked" Sport OEM DRL:

"triangular" non-sport OEM DRL:

non-sport w/ a/t part # b66m0-1nf01
sport w/ mt part # b66m0-1nh00
sport w/ a/t part # b66m0-1nh01
Old 09-24-2014, 12:25 AM
landslide03

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The non sport DRL lights remind me of the ones on the prius!
Attached Thumbnails Do they make blank fog light covers for g37?-2013_toyota_prius_plugin_1.jpg  
Old 09-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by landslide03
The non sport DRL lights remind me of the ones on the prius!
Honestly, I think they both look more silly than otherwise, like someone is trying way too hard to put extra lights on their car. Personally, I've never been interested in adding the DRL's. Even though OEM, they still look aftermarket.

However, the non-sport assembly sure is designed to fit that section of bumper perfectly, even if the actual lights themselves are goofy. With the lights off, they fill that area nicely.
Old 07-14-2023, 11:30 PM
InfinitiDriver1
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiDriver1
Slightly off-topic questions, but:

(1) Where can I find headlight covers that look like this?

(2) Where can I find a mechanic/shop who would install the covers if I buy them online? I also want them to paint the grille just like this, and to install fog lights just like these. So far it has been an uphill battle trying to find a shop who will install parts that are bought online at places such as EBay. And since I may not be able to acquire the skill to do it myself by the time that I want the mods to be made (in two weeks), I am basically left with no options. I have wasted a lot of time surfing the web looking for parts only to have no one to install them. In your experience, are there shops out there who will do this type of work, or am I left with trying to find an independent mechanic somewhere?

I really want to make the front of my 2009 G37x (Sedan) look exactly like this car.[/QUOTE]

Also, is there a front lip spoiler on the market for a 2009 sedan that looks like this one on this car? The only lip spoiler styles that I saw like this one seemed to be for 2010-2013 (not 09). I am curious if the car in this picture has a side body kit, too, as I would probably be interested in getting that as well.
Old 07-16-2023, 04:10 PM
InfinitiDriver1
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiDriver1
Slightly off-topic questions, but:

(1) Where can I find headlight covers that look like this?

(2) Where can I find a mechanic/shop who would install the covers if I buy them online? I also want them to paint the grille just like this, and to install fog lights just like these. So far it has been an uphill battle trying to find a shop who will install parts that are bought online at places such as EBay. And since I may not be able to acquire the skill to do it myself by the time that I want the mods to be made (in two weeks), I am basically left with no options. I have wasted a lot of time surfing the web looking for parts only to have no one to install them. In your experience, are there shops out there who will do this type of work, or am I left with trying to find an independent mechanic somewhere?

I really want to make the front of my 2009 G37x (Sedan) look exactly like this car.
Also, is there a front lip spoiler on the market for a 2009 sedan that looks like this one on this car? The only lip spoiler styles that I saw like this one seemed to be for 2010-2013 (not 09). I am curious if the car in this picture has a side body kit, too, as I would probably be interested in getting that as well.[/QUOTE]

I ended up finding a shop that has been great so far, so I am all set in that regard. My question about the front lip was also answered on another thread.