G37 Sedan

Front Chin Spoiler Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 08:18 PM
NA2126

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SheLLz
Because I have both and the quality is night and day.
Is it painted? Can you post a pic of it? Or, do you mean difference in quality with material?
Old 06-18-2015, 09:07 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by NA2126
Is it painted? Can you post a pic of it? Or, do you mean difference in quality with material?
The ebay one does not come painted.

As with most "oem replica" parts, quality & fitment is usually the issue
Old 06-24-2015, 02:53 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
The Clock Just Started

Originally Posted by OBJ
I ordered my OEM lip from Grubbs Infiniti Parts. They are a dealer out of Texas. Their pricing is a little better to start and Infiniti is offering a 25% off spring promo to reduce the cost. Shipping is killer though. If you find a local dealer participating in the promo you could always pick up locally.

https://grubbsinfinitiparts.com/

Promo Code: ESTORE2015

Keep in mind they don't always have these in stock so it takes some time before they ship it. I believe mine took 3 weeks.
Thanks for the Grubbs tip. Just ordered mine. The Promo Code still works. We'll see when it gets here. Not that I'm concerned. I'll try to forget about it ... then Christmas in July!!!

For those numbers minded folks: $315.90 delivered. $270.00 for the lip... Which is fine with me...no sales tax ($15.00) and no three gallons of Shell's finest brew ($9.00). Plus I can sit on my copious behind while someone in blue shorts lugs the thing to my door.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:25 PM
SurreyG

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnylicio

Also dropped it on Swifts and 20mm spacers all around.
Any clear pics? How is the chin spoiler after lowering on Swifts? Front ground clearance height? Any scraping issues?
Old 06-28-2015, 02:44 AM
SheLLz
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by NA2126
The ebay lip is much lower quality than the OEM one material wise. It warps unlike the OEM one which fits perfectly flush on the bumper. However, if someone is still interested I'll sell mine.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:36 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by SpddyG
Yeah if I remember correctly it come with hardware....but it's an easy install...did it my self...I recommend not to install/make hole for the side brackets just incase you ever want to remove it...that way you don't ruin your stock bumper!
I used the bottom clips and the factory 3M on there and it's been on fine no problems!!!

On the directions for my non-S x, there is an instruction to drill a 1" hole for a large spring clip M5 in the middle of the bumper.

Was that in your instructions? Did you do it? This has a pucker factor of about 5. I might want to de-mod this.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 07-14-2015, 02:49 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by ShockinG37
There was no hardware if i remember...
The screws are already in the bumper, remove them and the bottom of the lip lines up with the same holes, replace screws.
The lip should just have some 3M tape on it.

It also suggests a rivet through the front? i skipped on that, didn't want a hole in my bumper incase i took it off
How did that work? My OEM lip doesn't line up with screws in the bumper. I have to drill a series of hole since the bottom lip sticks out from the bumper. The directions do say to remove those bumper screws before installation, but I suspect that is so you can get the bolts on the side which I will not be using.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 07-14-2015, 02:55 PM
OBJ

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by VIVID
On the directions for my non-S x, there is an instruction to drill a 1" hole for a large spring clip M5 in the middle of the bumper.

Was that in your instructions? Did you do it? This has a pucker factor of about 5. I might want to de-mod this.

Thanks,
Sean
Sean, I did drill all the holes in my bumper (non-sport). It definitely is a large hole but you aren't going to notice underneath. You will notice the ones on the side though since those are visible. I actually used this DIY here. Infiniti G37 Coupe chin spoiler installation steps

How did that work? My OEM lip doesn't line up with screws in the bumper. I have to drill a series of hole since the bottom lip sticks out from the bumper. The directions do say to remove those bumper screws before installation, but I suspect that is so you can get the bolts on the side which I will not be using.

Thanks,
Sean
Not sure if this is the sport lip difference, but mine required drilling of all the holes for install.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:52 PM
flyng_fool
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the Grubbs tip. Just ordered mine. The Promo Code still works. We'll see when it gets here. Not that I'm concerned. I'll try to forget about it ... then Christmas in July!!!

For those numbers minded folks: $315.90 delivered. $270.00 for the lip... Which is fine with me...no sales tax ($15.00) and no three gallons of Shell's finest brew ($9.00). Plus I can sit on my copious behind while someone in blue shorts lugs the thing to my door.
Where did you put in the promo code? I didn't see a place for it.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:48 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by flyng_fool
Where did you put in the promo code? I didn't see a place for it.
At checkout step two, after you've selected your new chin and the color, you have to check a box accepting shipping information. Below that is a box for the promo code. Enter the code and click redeem.

Sean
Old 07-15-2015, 08:58 PM
flyng_fool
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks!
Old 07-19-2015, 08:40 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

The Chin Is In

I installed my front chin spoiler today. It took longer to cut out the templates (which I didn't use ) than the actual installation took.

Left me time to change my oil with a new oil drain plug and washer. All tight and tidy...

Anyhow,

Before:

After:

Sean

Last edited by VIVID; 07-19-2015 at 08:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NSH PREDS (07-24-2015)
Old 07-20-2015, 03:15 AM
stewartsw1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I installed my front chin spoiler today. It took longer to cut out the templates (which I didn't use ) than the actual installation took.

Left me time to change my oil with a new oil drain plug and washer. All tight and tidy...

Anyhow,

Before:

After:

Sean
Looks great man, I really need to get around to doing this mod I just have wayyyy too many things I want to do at the moment though.

Anyone have one of these? I really like the look although it is out of stock. right now
Infiniti G37 / Q60 Coupe TS-Style Polyurethane Front Lip
Old 07-23-2015, 12:18 PM
NA2126

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered mine as well. After chatting with SheLLz a bit, I opted to go with an OEM quality lip versus the eBay version. The code is still valid, in case anyone is wondering. Wound up paying $320 shipped. I plan to respray my bumper and slap this lip on right after. Also looking to maybe upgrade to a midnight grille instead of painting my chrome one black. Painted grilles never hold up too well.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:09 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Originally Posted by stewartsw1
Anyone have one of these? I really like the look although it is out of stock. right now
Infiniti G37 / Q60 Coupe TS-Style Polyurethane Front Lip

Looks good...however the quote from the web site has a quote that set off alarms in my head: 'WE RECOMMEND THAT ALL AFTERMARKET PARTS BE INSTALLED BY A PROFESSIONAL PREFERABLY A BODY SHOP. THE FITMENT ON AFTERMARKET PRODUCTS DO NOT FIT 100% PERFECT AND NEEDS SOME ADJUSTMENT TO MAKE IT FIT PROPERLY.'

The one I got was OEM and it stayed on with a dry fit and no fasteners. It was absolutely perfect for my car. Needless to say, I did the final install with the supplied fasteners. Not sure if what I installed is considered 'aftermarket' since it's OEM...but I did buy it after the car was manufactured...pointless observation, I'm sure.

Sean

Last edited by VIVID; 07-23-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Front Chin Spoiler Install