G37 Sedan

IS G7 Sedan Maintenance expensive???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 10:55 AM
dlyte1534

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IS G7 Sedan Maintenance expensive???

Thinking about buying a 2010 or newer g sedan but i hear minor things such as oil changes and brakes or very expensive when comparing to 07 altima. FEED BACK PLEASE??
Old 07-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Mongolian
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you take it to the dealer, it does add up very quick. I do my own so the maintenance cost is minimal
Old 07-26-2014, 11:02 AM
dlyte1534

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does the brakes and oil filter have to be infiniti brand?
Old 07-26-2014, 11:16 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by dlyte1534
Thinking about buying a 2010 or newer g sedan but i hear minor things such as oil changes and brakes or very expensive when comparing to 07 altima. FEED BACK PLEASE??
Well I'm on my second Infiniti and maintenance wise both have been excellent vehicles. I traded in my 2006 G35 6 speed manual with 171796 miles. Other than sometimes using a qt of oil per 1k miles it was relatively maintenance free with few problems. I did 48 out of the 53 oil changes myself.

On my present G37S I've gotten lazy and let the dealer do the oil and filter changes. I don't consider $40 excessive for an oil change as they wash and vacuum my vehicle returning it to me cleaner than when I dropped it off.

You can always use Jiffy Lube for $19.95 and have them not only possibly ruin your vehicle but try to scam you into items or services that you don't need.

your choice!

Telcoman
Old 07-26-2014, 02:24 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
If you have to question maintenance costs of a vehicle, whether you can afford it or not, then maybe you shouldn't buy said vehicle.
The following 2 users liked this post by '11G37S:
CRiME (07-30-2014), telcoman (07-26-2014)
Old 07-26-2014, 10:38 PM
chris_s

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by dlyte1534
my infiniti's maintenance costs (oil change) is the same as what my 2003 altima v6 was. I use a corner shop for my oil changes, and do them every 5000km.

BMW oil changes cost more because they use more oil, I think

I think my infiniti uses more gas than altima did though
Old 07-26-2014, 10:54 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
It's oil and a filter. You can take it to a quick lube place or DIY and it's going to cost the same as any other car

Brakes are basically sliding calipers. Pads and rotors are going to be on par with pads and rotors on any other car. They are also an easy DIY.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:09 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
Well I'm on my second Infiniti and maintenance wise both have been excellent vehicles. I traded in my 2006 G35 6 speed manual with 171796 miles. Other than sometimes using a qt of oil per 1k miles it was relatively maintenance free with few problems. I did 48 out of the 53 oil changes myself.

On my present G37S I've gotten lazy and let the dealer do the oil and filter changes. I don't consider $40 excessive for an oil change as they wash and vacuum my vehicle returning it to me cleaner than when I dropped it off.

You can always use Jiffy Lube for $19.95 and have them not only possibly ruin your vehicle but try to scam you into items or services that you don't need.

your choice!

Telcoman
Did you say you pay $40 for an oil change and they wash and vacuum the car??
If the answer is yes omg you my friend thats is a good deal because I think I pay over $110 and no car wash and vacuuming here lol.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:16 AM
pricojorge

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Infiniti or Nissan are always running Oil change deals, I get them for 30$

Last Dealer I went to gave me it for 30$ and free wiper blades
Old 07-27-2014, 05:40 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Originally Posted by pricojorge
Infiniti or Nissan are always running Oil change deals, I get them for 30$

Last Dealer I went to gave me it for 30$ and free wiper blades
Labor rates in Florida are lower than in NJ
Old 07-27-2014, 07:19 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Originally Posted by flipmode007
If the answer is yes omg you my friend thats is a good deal because I think I pay over $110 and no car wash and vacuuming here lol.
For the $40 at the dealer it also includes free bagels, coffee, tea, juice, cookies,bottled water, and cans of soda.
Free WiFi, two computer stations with a printer.
I can use the free WiFi and my VPN to access my office and work from there while I wait. 7 Presidents park is only a few miles away in Long Branch, NJ and I sometimes take a free loaner and go the the beach on the Jersey Shore.
Not a bad deal for a $40 oil change.

Not a fancy dealer like the one only 8 miles from me in Edison ,NJ but one of the best automobile dealers that I've ever discovered.

Name:  MyInfinitiDealer032_zps7e5ce86d.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  55.9 KB

One of the other members on this forum traveled to the other fancy dealer in Edison and thought he got a great deal. He almost certainly would have gotten a much better deal if he traveled another 25 miles to West Long Branch, NJ
He knows who he is

Telcoman
Old 07-27-2014, 12:46 PM
alrockaz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oil changes in the G37 are cheap, especially because you can use dino oil vs. synthetic. No, you do not need to use Infiniti brand oil, filter, pads or just about any part. But do buy good quality parts when you get replacements. I got this car in part because the maintenance on it is very reasonable and easy to perform.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:10 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by telcoman
For the $40 at the dealer it also includes free bagels, coffee, tea, juice, cookies,bottled water, and cans of soda.
Free WiFi, two computer stations with a printer.
I can use the free WiFi and my VPN to access my office and work from there while I wait. 7 Presidents park is only a few miles away in Long Branch, NJ and I sometimes take a free loaner and go the the beach on the Jersey Shore.
Not a bad deal for a $40 oil change.

Not a fancy dealer like the one only 8 miles from me in Edison ,NJ but one of the best automobile dealers that I've ever discovered.

One of the other members on this forum traveled to the other fancy dealer in Edison and thought he got a great deal. He almost certainly would have gotten a much better deal if he traveled another 25 miles to West Long Branch, NJ
He knows who he is

Telcoman

LOL, the person who knows who he is responding. I may have gotten a better deal, but the gas wasted going the 15 miles down to West Long Branch would have negated the savings.

In addition, this dealer is a few miles away from work and I get a loaner on every service without question.

The car was basically free, meaning oil changes and the like. They charged me $250 for the 15K service. As you say, this is one of the best dealers I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. As opposed to the displeasure felt in negotiating in most dealerships. Even my spouse said, when the time is ready, she wants to buy a car from THAT dealer. And she despises car shopping.

Oh yes, and my dealer stocks food in the refrigerator.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:15 PM
chris_s

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by flipmode007
Do they at least offer reach-around service with that? I've never used service at the dealership here in Winnipeg but I have trouble believing it would be $110 for oil change.

I pay $40ish at my corner shop, but it's just one dude so he doesn't vacuum/wash. I'm particular about washing anyway so I don't want some dealership monkey spraying my car
Old 07-27-2014, 03:10 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by chris_s
Do they at least offer reach-around service with that? I've never used service at the dealership here in Winnipeg but I have trouble believing it would be $110 for oil change.

I pay $40ish at my corner shop, but it's just one dude so he doesn't vacuum/wash. I'm particular about washing anyway so I don't want some dealership monkey spraying my car

Yes, $40 for an oil change and lube and they wash and vacuum the car and provide a loaner.

This dealer washes the car by hand, I've never had an issue with them scratching or marring the paint in any way shape or form.

Quick Reply: IS G7 Sedan Maintenance expensive???