G37 Sedan

Q50 side mirrors fit G?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Q50 side mirrors fit G?????

Was at the dealership this past weekend and saw the side mirrors of a Q50 that have the led blinker in them. Was curious if anyone out there has contemplated or better yet has switching them out on our G's? They are both power mirrors, fold in by hand, only thing diff that I can visually see would be the LED of course. Wonder if they would fit in terms of demension as well as if it would be lucky and be plug n play or maybe have to do some surgery to ensure it lights up with the turn signals.....

in case anyone is wondering...its a pretty expensive mod just for side mirrors IMO...part numbers include the entire assembly for left and right respectively along with the actual cover for the mirrors.

96301-4HB0A - $247.24
96302-4HB0A - $247.24
96373-4GA0H - $56.36
96374-4GA0H - $56.36
S/H - $17.05
Total - $624.25

But man do they look alot better!

Old 07-22-2014, 03:25 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
It is a steep price to pay, but they do look better IMO.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:15 PM
35Sport

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Find out and let us know!
Old 07-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Sub'd, I've been wondering about this for a loooong while now. Interested to find what you figure out
Old 07-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Well sorry guys but I wouldnt hold your breathe as I'm not willing to be the guinea pig on this one...just saw it and was curious to know and did some of the leg work on parts....but thats the extent of it for now.

Although I was wondering if you can just get the cover with the led and then use some type of a custom wiring to get the led to light up???????? would save yourself a good $500 or so if that can be done that way......
Old 07-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
The turn signal lamp looks to be a separate part from the cover, so you would need the cover AND the signal lamp itself. The lamp itself is another $83.00 or so per side

2014 Q50 Hybrid: OEM Miscellaneous (REAR VIEW MIRROR) Replacement Parts

I see there are also 2 part numbers for each complete mirror assembly, one is much cheaper than the other....maybe the cheaper one is without side marker signals? Dunno.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:19 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
There was another post here recently.. DJE44 did a very nice write up on the DIY here:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...-try-it-4.html

He bought replacement outer covers off of ebay for the side mirrors that added the LED turn signal here:

07 08 09 10 11 12 Infiniti G25 G35 G35X Sedan LED Signals Mirror Cover 4D Light | eBay

For $139 plus some DIY effort, it's a nice looking upgrade and a much better price to get 90% there for ≈ 1/8th the cost of an unverified graft of Q50 mirrors to a G.

Trending Topics

Old 07-25-2014, 04:30 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Yeah I've seen that but, honestly those Q50 mirrors look a lot better if you ask me, the turn signal on the ebay ones seems kinda bulky comparing to these here... and from what I remember Drew (DJE44) had to make a custom cut out for the turn signal... he admitted it was a PITA and a lot of work too...

Here Post #52 DJE44:

"Done! Sorry for the delay, but I needed a good night with several hours to be patient with this install.

The seller above on Ebay is a fraud, unfortunately. Prior to purchase I asked him if they would fit a 2013 Sedan, and he said they would. When they arrived, they did not. Obviously, I was livid. They were much larger than the stock OEM covers. Worst part is I paid extra to have them painted my vehicle color, and he said I'd be losing that money if I returned them (plus the added expense of sending them back to Taiwan). It was hell going back and forth a few weeks with him to even accept a return. So I said to hell with it.

I decided to keep my stock OEM covers and carfeully dremel out the hole myself using the pattern from the incorrect covers that he sent. I removed the LED strips and made sure that they fit flush on the stock covers first, which they did, thankfully.

The interior door panels have to be completely removed to get to the 3 screws which hold the mirror assembly on. After they are removed, the mirror assembly itself has to be completely removed and disassembled to fish wire through the pivoting head. On the interior mirror assembly, I had to cut / shave off a good amount of supporting plastic (facing the front) for the blinkers to fit. I drilled a hole above the pivot on the mirror assembly to make it easier to feed the wiring through. "

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 07-25-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:08 AM
wowwed
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead but I just ordered the Q50 side view mirrors. They look a lot nicer than anything out there. I'll keep you all posted
Old 04-18-2015, 12:52 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
That price isn't bad based on what it costs to get the parts from Japan for our cars.

I have almost all the parts I need to complete the swap with the anniversary blinkers on a set of power folding mirrors. Just waiting on a custom harness to tie the power fold to work automatically. Of course then I need to figure out if I can make it all work.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:05 AM
4WDve

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
That price isn't bad based on what it costs to get the parts from Japan for our cars.

I have almost all the parts I need to complete the swap with the anniversary blinkers on a set of power folding mirrors. Just waiting on a custom harness to tie the power fold to work automatically. Of course then I need to figure out if I can make it all work.

was you referring to the module that automate the folding function of the mirrors without using the fold button on the door?
I remember my friend got something like that for his 370gt from the dealership back home. I believe Nissan doesn't offer that option, but many Nissan dealerships in my country carry product from third party company for that auto fold function. Its not cheap and funny how it does have its own part number in the catalog.

Last edited by 4WDve; 04-19-2015 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:56 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by 4WDve
was you referring to the module that automate the folding function of the mirrors without using the fold button on the door?
I remember my friend got something like that for his 370gt from the dealership back home. I believe Nissan doesn't offer that option, but many Nissan dealerships in my country carry product from third party company for that auto fold function. Its not cheap and funny how it does have its own part number in the catalog.
Correct, there's a harness that should,enamel this to work. I hope. Will find out soon.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:16 AM
wowwed
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You got the skyline anniversary edition side view mirrors with LEDs? If so where did you get it? I've been looking for a place to order a set. I like how the way it looks but since I can't find it I'm going to see if the Q50 side view mirror will work
Old 04-19-2015, 04:23 AM
4WDve

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Correct, there's a harness that should,enamel this to work. I hope. Will find out soon.

Hat off to you sir for venturing into uncharted waters.
It would be a lot easier for somebody in my position to try this project with friends back home to get me all the parts. I didnt have the ball so I backed out as soon as I found out the mirrors connector is not plus N play with the US model. Plz update us with the result.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:45 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
It is a steep price to pay, but they do look better IMO.
I agree with the ghost of Justin... the new Q50 side mirrors are an improved design, and our mirrors are entirely unremarkable.

Oh man, that was weird.

Subbed

Quick Reply: Q50 side mirrors fit G?????