G37 Sedan

Q50 side mirrors fit G?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 10:38 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by wowwed
You got the skyline anniversary edition side view mirrors with LEDs? If so where did you get it? I've been looking for a place to order a set. I like how the way it looks but since I can't find it I'm going to see if the Q50 side view mirror will work
I imported them from Japan. They're back ordered right now from what I'm hearing as a buddy of mine just ordered a set as well. If you're interested I can hook you up with the guys I've been ordering from. You can get just the blinkers (they call them winkers) and install the, on your current mirrors if that's your preference.

Originally Posted by 4WDve
Hat off to you sir for venturing into uncharted waters.
It would be a lot easier for somebody in my position to try this project with friends back home to get me all the parts. I didnt have the ball so I backed out as soon as I found out the mirrors connector is not plus N play with the US model. Plz update us with the result.
I've been working with a couple guys in Japan to get parts here and there, I suggested they do it more often and they built a business. Right now I'm working on sorting out some shipping questions and they may be able to expand to some larger items. You're correct, it isn't plug and play. The connector is the same as the FX. The other option is to rebuild a set of 'vert power folding mirrors, those would be plug and play and the only issue you would have would be the door panel needing to be cut for the switch. connorssoiuer has perfected the mod process for them though I'm not certain what he may be looking for to do a set.

As of right now I have everything I need to do that mod but decided I wanted to go JDM so I have a couple sets of those. If all goes well I'll be selling off some of the extra parts as kits but we'll see.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:50 PM
wowwed
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Does anyone have any idea how to get the wire into the cabin? I'm trying to get my wires setup for my Q50 mirrors to come in sometime this week, but I can't find a way to get the wires into the cabin from the door.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:31 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by wowwed
Does anyone have any idea how to get the wire into the cabin? I'm trying to get my wires setup for my Q50 mirrors to come in sometime this week, but I can't find a way to get the wires into the cabin from the door.
Here's the link of what I did, read it first page 9 and 10, it was a pain to install.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...-try-it-8.html

Are you talking about the left side or the right side of the door?
let me know if you need more help .
Old 04-28-2015, 05:18 PM
wowwed
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Sad sad news today. I finally got a Q50 mirror in, and sadly to say, it doesn't fit. The screws from the side view mirror to the connect is slight different angles and distances. I think even if I cut the new holes, the part where the screws comes out is thicker than the G37. I see there's 9 wires coming out of the G37 side view mirror while the Q50 has 7 wires coming out. The connection is also different.
The following users liked this post:
p0on (06-13-2016)