Aftermarket rotors and pads...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 11:17 AM
jjquantum
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket rotors and pads...

Hey, so the G is coming up for inspection soon and I'm pretty sure I am going to need new pads and rotors all around... this is not a track car, so I understand I don't need slotted/cross-drilled rotors, but for the price, I'm curious if anyone has tried out any of the "Max" rotors and pads on ebay/amazon, specifically the Max KT009283 on Amazon is what I am looking at. For only $251, it's got me wondering... thoughts?
Old 07-20-2014, 11:19 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by jjquantum
Hey, so the G is coming up for inspection soon and I'm pretty sure I am going to need new pads and rotors all around... this is not a track car, so I understand I don't need slotted/cross-drilled rotors, but for the price, I'm curious if anyone has tried out any of the "Max" rotors and pads on ebay/amazon, specifically the Max KT009283 on Amazon is what I am looking at. For only $251, it's got me wondering... thoughts?
Might want to check out Rockauto and look at Centric CTek rotors and Stoptech Street pads, pretty affordable and the pads have very good bite for daily driving and spirited runs.
site vendor KNSbrakes.com has nice deals too.
The following users liked this post:
jjquantum (07-20-2014)
Old 07-20-2014, 01:41 PM
tchoke

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Might want to check out Rockauto and look at Centric CTek rotors and Stoptech Street pads, pretty affordable and the pads have very good bite for daily driving and spirited runs.
site vendor KNSbrakes.com has nice deals too.

^^ i have those exact set bought from vendor and they were great to deal with
i will say though coming from stock pads and rotors these ones dust a lot more
performance to me is same as i dont track my car, i didnt think the dusting would bother me as i tend to clean my tires and rims atleast every other week
but these pads dust quite a bit more than the oems, other than that good set good price if you dont mind the extra dusting
The following users liked this post:
jjquantum (07-20-2014)
Old 07-21-2014, 08:49 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
I went with Power Stop K179 Rear Ceramic Brake Pad and Cross Drilled/Slotted Combo Rotor One-Click Brake Kit and Power Stop K112 Front Ceramic Brake Pad and Cross Drilled/Slotted Combo Rotor One-Click Brake Kit .
from Amozon not complaints 3k miles or so now on them
Old 07-21-2014, 09:08 AM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by tchoke
^^ i have those exact set bought from vendor and they were great to deal with
i will say though coming from stock pads and rotors these ones dust a lot more
performance to me is same as i dont track my car, i didnt think the dusting would bother me as i tend to clean my tires and rims atleast every other week
but these pads dust quite a bit more than the oems, other than that good set good price if you dont mind the extra dusting
I have this same setup as well with the Akebono upgrade. They do dust a lot more for me. I love this setup though and would recommend it highly.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:32 AM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
if you can afford it, avoid the Centric C-Tek rotors and opt up to the Centric Premium rotors. not much more money, but a much better product that matches OE specs and finishing.

for pads i used Akebono ProAct and have been very pleased. almost an identical pad compound to OE pads.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:19 PM
nishfish871

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
if you can afford it, avoid the Centric C-Tek rotors and opt up to the Centric Premium rotors. not much more money, but a much better product that matches OE specs and finishing.

for pads i used Akebono ProAct and have been very pleased. almost an identical pad compound to OE pads.
+1

I got the Akebono pads from Rockauto.com
Old 07-31-2014, 11:45 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I dont post much any more, but I saw this topic and literally just went through the same thing.

I went with the EBC USR slotted rotors, and Akebono ProAct pads. Got them from Amazon for around $450 shipped for all 4 corners. EBC is a British company who makes all there parts in either the USA or England and have a great reputation on some other forums i frequent. The rotors are usually lighter and have increased cooling areas. As you can see in this pic comparing G35 Stoptech's vs EBC's:

The ProAct pads are low dust, and all you seem to find is favorable views of them. My experience is no different. The nice thing is both rotors and pads have the same bed in procedure, which is none. Just try and take it easy on them for the first few hundred miles.

Here is a long term review from driver on the rotor, which is also where I stole that pic. EBC Rotors longevity review. - G35Driver
Old 08-01-2014, 12:15 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
I went through KNS and got DBA 4000 rotors and StopTech pads.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:54 AM
mpegripper
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
i never want to deal with warp rotors ever, so i went with DBA rotors....way stronger than needed for street driving, but i'll never have to deal with it again
Old 08-01-2014, 10:08 AM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
I have used the same EBC rotors as the ones posted above.

Great rotors.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:50 PM
mpegripper
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
if you go DBA, bestbrakes.com is a lot cheaper than KNS
Old 08-03-2014, 08:28 AM
brizey

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Redpit
I dont post much any more, but I saw this topic and literally just went through the same thing.

I went with the EBC USR slotted rotors, and Akebono ProAct pads. Got them from Amazon for around $450 shipped for all 4 corners. EBC is a British company who makes all there parts in either the USA or England and have a great reputation on some other forums i frequent. The rotors are usually lighter and have increased cooling areas. As you can see in this pic comparing G35 Stoptech's vs EBC's:

The ProAct pads are low dust, and all you seem to find is favorable views of them. My experience is no different. The nice thing is both rotors and pads have the same bed in procedure, which is none. Just try and take it easy on them for the first few hundred miles.

Here is a long term review from driver on the rotor, which is also where I stole that pic. EBC Rotors longevity review. - G35Driver

That is a great deal. Guessing non-sport brakes? Just the front rotors are $266 on Amazon right now for the sport rotors.