Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Water leak passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 09:22 AM
JohnnyD

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
The water is not hot, just room temperature. But I also don't know how long the water was sitting there before I noticed it each time.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:46 PM
linusent01

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can check your coolant level just to be sure. I'm assuming you're discussing heater core?
Old 07-27-2014, 11:24 AM
JohnnyD

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Yeah I'm guessing that's what he is talking about.

On another note, I just washed the car. I HOSED the passenger side cowl area and sunroof and I could not get it to leak.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:07 PM
Canthedoit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having the same issue and it seems to me like it is the rubber gasket that the wires run through from the engine bay to the interior of the car. The dealership attempted to silicone the gasket (rather sloppily) and that did not work. Last night I applied an entire tube of marine/auto silicone to see if that does the trick.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:22 PM
skitch3000

Name:  14B5287E-EFF5-4175-ADB8-B9BF16C29F15_zpsout1tgno.jpg
Views: 6311
Size:  119.0 KB

anyone know where i could find these retainers that hold the carpet?
Old 12-29-2015, 10:00 PM
Raegenjay

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi, I am new to the forum and had to sign up after reading this! I have a 2011 sport model and I had a water leak on the passenger side too. I put a water hose over the sunroof (closed) to duplicate the leak. What I found was the plastic grommet for the hose to the drain for the sunroof was cracked and letting the water from the roof in. It would run down behind the blower case and drip on the floor. The plastic grommet is way up there. I used silicone RTV around the grommet and have not had a problem since!
Old 12-31-2015, 07:49 AM
Dreamerzcc

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mine happens when my car is outside during a heavy heavy rain. Has happened twice after dealer replaced windsheid. I have always used Safellite but they used some ****ty local company and they keep saying its coming in from the sunroof which is bull. My deductible is $100 for a new windshield, if it gets worse or more frequent I will get the dealer to reimburse me.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:06 PM
SuperKam

All right guys, now its my turn..
Yesterday was heavy rain and I found water leak inside my 2011 G37 Journey. Water was on the passenger side floor, carpet was really wet. I took off the glove box and here what I saw.

Today I've run my A/C on max and it looked like the carpet became wet again and started dripping underneath the car after approx 5 min. So, if the problem is the A/C hose how to fix it? Thank you guys.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:37 PM
NW_6MT
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
Kam: check this thread.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...oard-leak.html
The AC drain tube is flat to the floor. If you pull back the carpet and insulation you will see it. You're water isn't coming from there. That black electrical tape bunch with the wet insulation all the way around it is your main wiring harness. It has a pretty suspect seal where it comes through the firewall (in the engine compartment, under the battery cover). Your leak could be there or the frequently mentioned sunroof drain connector that goes through the firewall directly above the wiring harness and would yield the same wet insulation.
There's likely any number of other sources theoretically, but I just went through this and stayed at a holiday inn express last night so I clearly know what I'm talking about.
It's really frustrating to have this happen with these nice and relatively new vehicles. You have my sympathy. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Krzysztof47 (11-11-2023)
Old 04-06-2017, 11:42 AM
SuperKam

Originally Posted by NW_6MT
Kam: check this thread.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...oard-leak.html
The AC drain tube is flat to the floor. If you pull back the carpet and insulation you will see it. You're water isn't coming from there. That black electrical tape bunch with the wet insulation all the way around it is your main wiring harness. It has a pretty suspect seal where it comes through the firewall (in the engine compartment, under the battery cover). Your leak could be there or the frequently mentioned sunroof drain connector that goes through the firewall directly above the wiring harness and would yield the same wet insulation.
There's likely any number of other sources theoretically, but I just went through this and stayed at a holiday inn express last night so I clearly know what I'm talking about.
It's really frustrating to have this happen with these nice and relatively new vehicles. You have my sympathy. Good luck.
Thanx for your reply! I'll start with the battery cover if not I'll check sunroof drain connector. But the question is how to get to sunroof drain connector?
Old 04-06-2017, 03:01 PM
NW_6MT
Registered Member

Bare minimum, you have to remove the a-pillar trim piece. For visibility, it helps to remove the vent in the dash right there too.
I had already pulled the glove box anyway, and if you're a contortionist with not too large of hands you can just barely reach it from underneath to assist. There's a couple pictures in the link to the other thread I sent that shows it.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:30 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Bare minimum, you have to remove the a-pillar trim piece. For visibility, it helps to remove the vent in the dash right there too.
I had already pulled the glove box anyway, and if you're a contortionist with not too large of hands you can just barely reach it from underneath to assist. There's a couple pictures in the link to the other thread I sent that shows it.
Thanks for this man.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:41 PM
NW_6MT
Registered Member

To remove that trim pull back the rubber gasket around the door opening. Should come off pretty easy. The a-pillar trim itself I just sorta pulled/pried off. It has those pop-in body retainer clips. It takes a decent amount of force. There is a little green retainer that is kinda tricky. I found a how-to on a Z forum that helped.

Once you get to this point grab the green retainer with a pair of long needle nose and twist it 90 degrees. The end stuck in the trim piece can then clear the hole.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:01 AM
SuperKam

Thank you! I'm still not really sure how to make it but I'll try with someone who knows cars better than me) I'll post later results of my work.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:08 PM
SuperKam

Alright friends, I've fixed drain tube some time ago and was waiting for the heavy rain to check my work results. Yesterday was that day. I opened the door and saw the same picture as always after the rain. Water was on the passenger floor mat but I thought I fixed that. That's mean that the problem is in something else but I don't have any ideas. Maybe someone knows what's the problem?
Attached Thumbnails Water leak passenger side-20170616_150325.jpg   Water leak passenger side-20170616_150450.jpg  

Quick Reply: Water leak passenger side